REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Jetlag in Kids (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694581-jetlag-kids.html)

miss_crayon 04-19-2014 11:18 PM

Jetlag in Kids

Any home remedies for children? She just came back from HK and she's wide awake right now. I know it's going to take a few days to get her back on her normal sleeping cycle (830PM bed time) but any help would be awesome!!! She's 6 btw so melatonin is out of the question.

What has helped you with your little one? Thanks in advance!

bcedhk 04-19-2014 11:33 PM

give her a few shots of 151.

i know is not the best and most healthy, but when we had our cousin (8 yrs old) come from hk, we let her play as much video games and iPad and she fell asleep at like 10 and slept till morning.

z3german 04-19-2014 11:57 PM

melatonin, just split the pill in like a quarter, or even less, its naturally occurring in the body so just do a tiny dosage.

Make sure they dissolve it under their tongue, and no more computers/tv (any sort of blue light, so basically all screen based devices)

If youre still scared then not much choices, cut all electronics/outside stimulus, and hope for the best (HAHA going to be hell for you for a week)

sonick 04-21-2014 11:12 AM

If not melatonin maybe Children's Benadryl? Not as natural as melatonin but it's at least dosed for children.

mk1freak 04-21-2014 12:27 PM

here's what i did for my boys, i woke them up their regular wakeup time (even if they slept for a few hours) waking them up usually meant bath time, nothing beats being doused with water to wake up a kid. then we took it easy (but busy no laying around or driving for extended periods where they can nap)for the rest of the day and as soon as it hit a few hours or more before bedtime I would take them to the park or any activity and run around like maniacs tire the little buggers out home for bath and boom they go right to bed. next day they wake up regular time. :fullofwin:
YMMV

Kidnapman 04-21-2014 04:56 PM

Haha, had a good chuckle at Mk1's reply. I'd have to agree that is as good as it gets for a quick solution. I do this all the time when I need to get a new sleeping schedule.

ae101 04-22-2014 07:46 PM

no going to lie, thats what my parents did with my sister using mk1s way & it works nicely, i never had a jetlag problem

now op if shes your own daughter then u have to put your foot down
Posted via RS Mobile

guurl 04-22-2014 11:33 PM

i know you said melatonin out of the list but
there's melatonin gummies. helps me when im jet lagged!

full stomach of food usually gets ya tired too :P

miss_crayon 04-23-2014 04:48 PM

Thanks everyone! She's my niece and she lives with me so it was tough especially the first night she came home from her trip. We've just been keeping her occupied and giving her lots of outdoor time (hanging out on the lawn, playing outdoor games etc.) The first night she woke up at 4am asking me what time it was then she crawled back into bed before jumping out at the crack of dawn and saying "there's light out so I'm going to wake up now."

She's been a lot better but she fell asleep during chinese class after school but I'm sure by the weekend she'll be back to her 830pm sleeping schedule. I wish I was able to bounce back so quickly!
Posted via RS Mobile

mk1freak 04-23-2014 05:43 PM

Good thing there's only one, try it my way and deal with two.... Or should I say 4..... :okay: