REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   How can i turn off the mobile theme? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694682-how-can-i-turn-off-mobile-theme.html)

Shmee 04-23-2014 03:45 PM

How can i turn off the mobile theme?

In short, i fucking hate mobile themes.
How can I turn off the mobile theme on here? Just about every other forum gives you the options and I really cannot stand having to try and answer PM's or navigate this site in it.

Can one of the admins go into the adminCP and toggle the selectable skin option so WE can choose how we want to view the site?

Thanks

nabs 04-23-2014 03:47 PM

If you use Chrome or Dolphin on your mobile device you can select to view the full site in the options drop down.

fliptuner 04-23-2014 03:50 PM

desktop mode

Shmee 04-23-2014 04:03 PM

Don't use chrome or dolphin on my iPhone...
and no prompt to switch to desktop mode on the shitty mobile skin for my phone.

nabs 04-23-2014 04:10 PM

Use Chrome or Dolphin

Shmee 04-23-2014 04:59 PM

Hate chrome and never heard of dolphin
And I'm not switching browsers just because revscene mobile sucks!

Lomac 04-23-2014 06:23 PM

If it's jailbroken, there's an option to adjust Safari.

Otherwise, deal with it. Don't see anyone volunteering their time for free to help change RS Mobile. I personally use Opera and it's far easier and quicker to use than Safari ever was. Plus you can use it to change ANY website you want to full website mode.

320icar 04-23-2014 06:24 PM

I've dealt with revscene mobile since February 2013. You'll get used to its monumental cock suckage
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 04-23-2014 06:29 PM

I've been wanting to change the mobile theme, but I was thinking about switching software anyway, so it would be pointless. Please wait while we sit in limbo deciding what to do ;)

Shmee 04-23-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8460441)
Don't see anyone volunteering their time for free to help change RS Mobile.

For fucks sake really?
It's toggling a couple of switches in the admin CP... It's not hard to either turn it off, make it selectable in the UserCP or having a default style link when in the mobile browser... I don't to change it, I just don't want to use it.

Give me admin access and I can do it in 3 minutes.
vBulletin Manual - Disabling the Mobile Style

SkinnyPupp 04-23-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shmee (Post 8460455)
For fucks sake really?
It's toggling a couple of switches in the admin CP... It's not hard to either turn it off, make it selectable in the UserCP or having a default style link when in the mobile browser... I don't to change it, I just don't want to use it.

Give me admin access and I can do it in 3 minutes.
vBulletin Manual - Disabling the Mobile Style

Sorry but that manual has nothing to do with Vbulletin 3. THere is no built in mobile theme, so we're using a custom one and a mod that detects mobile devices. I'll look for a better way to allow users to switch manually

!SG 04-26-2014 05:42 AM

what phone?

my samsung has the option to view in desktop view.

Soundy 04-26-2014 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8460447)
I've been wanting to change the mobile theme, but I was thinking about switching software anyway, so it would be pointless. Please wait while we sit in limbo deciding what to do ;)

I failed this post because there's no Thanks button on it :pokerface:

SkinnyPupp 04-26-2014 08:29 AM

The people complaining are using browsers that don't let you do custom things when you need to. Guess what phone that is ;)