REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:51 PM   #126
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
So it goes like this..

Sterling ousted finally as a racist with true evidence

NBA bans him from the NBA essentially and plans to "vote" him into selling the team

Numerous high profile celebrities and icons show interest in the team inherently driving up the price

Racist Sterling sits back laughing as potential buyers drive price through the ceiling because they want the good-will image that comes along with restoring the clippers

So either sterling takes an absorbanant amount of money for his team, or his spits in the face of the NBA and draws it into a huge legal battle
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #127
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
...an absorbanant amount of money...
I wAnder if you meant "exorbitant"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #128

Lol absorb dat money
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #129
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
banning him was the right thing to do, but make him sell the team? he'll be laughing straight to the bank with it
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #130
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
banning him was the right thing to do, but make him sell the team? he'll be laughing straight to the bank with it
So what you want them to ban him and not sell the team?
Old 04-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #131
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
Sure his ROI on his initial investment was ridiculously good. But the team's been making him money even when it's near the bottom of the league. Why would he be "laughing to the bank" when he's assembled a winner now?

With the Lakers likely in rebuild mode, the Clippers are likely going to be worth more down the road.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #132

the guy is an 80 year old billionaire, he's the joan rivers of the NBA. i doubt he's thinking 15-20 down the road.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #133
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
am i the only one who's siding with donald sterling in this fiasco?

the way i see it : everyone is entitled to their own opinions, as long as they don't publicly denounce others. donald said those things in a private setting, to someone who he obviously trusted. hey, i can tell my good buddy "damn i fucking hate those _________. pisses me off"

i think that's okay in my books. as long as i dont go directly tell the _____ that i fucking hate them. no one is supposed to live a "perfect" life expected by society.

damn i hope that bitch gets what she deserves... backstabbing whore. and i hope donald sterling gets to keep his team, piss off all those bandwagoners who jumped into throwing tomatoes at him

fail me all u want nikkas come at me
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #134
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
So whats all this about his Wife filing a law suit in March suing his GF for being a gold digging whore? I bet that has something to do with her recording the conversation.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #135
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
So whats all this about his Wife filing a law suit in March suing his GF for being a gold digging whore? I bet that has something to do with her recording the conversation.
I bet the fact that she is a gold digging whore has something to do with the fact that she is recording the conversation.

Blackmail's a bitch.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #136
My homepage has been set to RS

After I saw pictures of said gold digging whore ... fuck man ... the story got even sadder.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #137

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post

the way i see it : everyone is entitled to their own opinions, as long as they don't publicly denounce others. donald said those things in a private setting, to someone who he obviously trusted. hey, i can tell my good buddy "damn i fucking hate those _________. pisses me off"

i think that's okay in my books. as long as i dont go directly tell the _____ that i fucking hate them. no one is supposed to live a "perfect" life expected by society.

damn i hope that bitch gets what she deserves... backstabbing whore. and i hope donald sterling gets to keep his team, piss off all those bandwagoners who jumped into throwing tomatoes at him

What about the 81 year old perv who is banging a girl 50 years younger then him and showing her off while he is still married. If the NBA did not come down hard on him the players on the team were going to talk. They had plans to leave the court after tip off.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #138
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just be ready for the accolades or criticism that come from the opinions of others. That's free speech for you.

He's a grown ass man with lots of whore experiences. If he entrusted a garden tool, that's his problem, that's his business, that's his life. It so happens that it affected one of his business dealings.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I haven't been following this story other than hearing the penalties levied against this guy.

I'm curious how a sports organization has the legal ability to charge monetary penalties (fines) against a person?

Like, I understand that to be granted membership in an organization like the NBA that there are a set of rules to abide by so I understand they can rescinde his membership, maybe force him to sell the team but how can they legally charge him a personal fine of 2.5mil? Making racist comments is not illegal as far as I know in the USA...
Just like how you can fine a player X amount of dollars for doing something flagrant, they (the owners) have their own bylaws that they agreed upon on that is binding under contract. It used to be the case where the NBA owners constitution was private. Because of this Donald Sterling matter, it was leaked or release to the public.

For forcing Sterling to sell the team, it's debated among the owners' circle if they should force out Sterling. Why ? Because it opens up the doors for other owners to losing their franchise at anytime.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #140
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
am i the only one that gets what he's saying.

he's saying theoretically there's nothing wrong with minorities. but in real world applications, people act certain ways and perceive and stereotype people by the race they are. and a man of his reputation and stature, a lot of business is by reputation. and if he feels the people he works with will make his life harder because of those "broadcasts" then he will likely not want those kind of broadcasts... well, broadcasted. it hurts his reputation regardless of whether he cares or not. and in his business reputation matters.

its just the reality of things.
there's two extremes of image and caring about what other people think... one is a slight insecurity, but you're only insecure because you're able to perceive the negative effects of how others perceive you. and if you care about your image, then obviously it matters. regardless of whether you feel racist or not.

imagine if you were working on wall street. you can imagine the people u work with. and then your gf who's widely known as your gf starts bringing her gay friends to your parties and taking pics with gays. even if you're not anti homo, you know your work is gonna give you a hard time about it. so naturally you'd tell your gf to stop making your life harder. those things don't need to be "broadcasted". there's gonna be a reaction.

yes, you shouldn't care. but the real world doesn't work like that. there is always a reaction.

if you care about your career, you have to play by the rules of that career (which is made up of what other people in that field think). reputation and imagery amongst your field of work is everything if that is your passion.

all it is, is keeping the balance of security amongst the group you're associated with.

edit: oops, peanutbutter pretty much has the same perspective i do. when a person has a hyper sensitivity of detecting the balance and comfort of others (even if it's an insecurity of others), you just can't help but feel bad if you upset the balance. that's all it is. you don't wanna be the party pooper. and you recognize that even though these other people have insecurities, that's just their value system and the way they live their life. and you have no right to be righteous and say that they are absolutely WRONG. it's just another way of life. it's better to just keep the balance and not bring trouble to your own life. especially when no one is getting physically harmed.
Came to say that this is the most insightful and intelligent post on this topic thus far.

To the outrageously PC crowd heres a little video. Enjoy.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtwCPXC_Pj0"

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2014, 12:07 AM   #141
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtwCPXC_Pj0
exactly.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #142

Quote:
Came to say that this is the most insightful and intelligent post on this topic thus far.

To the outrageously PC crowd heres a little video. Enjoy.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtwCPXC_Pj0"
You've posted hatred against black americans in your previous posts in the past years and you like use the word "nigger" in those posts. So a racist like you would obviously not understand.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:53 AM   #143

Quote:

he's saying theoretically there's nothing wrong with minorities. but in real world applications, people act certain ways and perceive and stereotype people by the race they are. and a man of his reputation and stature, a lot of business is by reputation. and if he feels the people he works with will make his life harder because of those "broadcasts" then he will likely not want those kind of broadcasts... well, broadcasted. it hurts his reputation regardless of whether he cares or not. and in his business reputation matters.
He's one of the richest men in the United States. The guy who own " half the condominiums" Beverly Hills. He makes life harder for everyone if he chooses to, not the other way around.

Quote:

its just the reality of things.
there's two extremes of image and caring about what other people think... one is a slight insecurity, but you're only insecure because you're able to perceive the negative effects of how others perceive you. and if you care about your image, then obviously it matters. regardless of whether you feel racist or not.

imagine if you were working on wall street. you can imagine the people u work with. and then your gf who's widely known as your gf starts bringing her gay friends to your parties and taking pics with gays. even if you're not anti homo, you know your work is gonna give you a hard time about it. so naturally you'd tell your gf to stop making your life harder. those things don't need to be "broadcasted". there's gonna be a reaction.

yes, you shouldn't care. but the real world doesn't work like that. there is always a reaction.

if you care about your career, you have to play by the rules of that career (which is made up of what other people in that field think). reputation and imagery amongst your field of work is everything if that is your passion.

all it is, is keeping the balance of security amongst the group you're associated with.
You analogy is missing a lot of attributes. You stated if you were working on Wall Street and your gf brings her gay friends out to your work place. What you're missing is that your clientele base is 80% gay. Your hedge fund that you are a partner of has some gay partners as well (although very few), and their clientele that makes them money, 80 percent of them are gay. So business wise, it shouldn't be embarrassing you. But you have a small close group of buddies that will give you a hard time because your girl is chilling with gay folks.

Here's the kicker, you girl, that your thought was a girl, is a actually a guy. But you keep telling her she's a girl (like how Sterling kept telling his garden tool that she is white - even though she is part black & part mexican).

You being broadcasted not wanting to be associated with gays even though they make you money - that's bad for business. That's what Donald Sterling did.

But if you follow the NBA, this is the tipping point. It's quite ridiculous as well since it took this hidden broadcast for the NBA to disassociate themselves from Donald Sterling even though Sterling has a history of racist acts. What's fucked up even more is the NAACP was suppose to give him a second lifetime achievement award this May. Only now will the NAACP not give the award to Sterling. Before this recording, with all the donations that Sterling gave to the NAACP, this black organization was willing to go blind on all the public racist acts that Donald Sterling has done in the past 20 years because of the large donations he gives. Now that's a modern day plantation owner.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:50 AM   #144
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
The bottom line is the NBA had to do something this time around because audio tapes of him spewing his venom got released. If no tapes got released, this guy would still own the team until he died. The sad part is even black players and so called black leaders turned a blind eye on this guy for all these years but when shit hit the fan everyone was up in arms and acted shocked.

Go read the piece by Kareem, it's spot on when he criticizes both sides.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:15 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
You've posted hatred against black americans in your previous posts in the past years and you like use the word "nigger" in those posts. So a racist like you would obviously not understand.
I see. Let's re-evaluate then.

Do I think whites are better than blacks? No.
Do I think any race is better than any other race? No.
Do I think all blacks are the same? No.
Do I think all blacks are criminals? No.
Do I think all blacks should be hung? No.
Do I think I'm better than anybody alive because of my race or do I think less of anyone due to their race? No.

Yet I am a racist?

Thank you for that insightful post.

Let me tell you what you are, since you enjoy going around telling people what they are so much.

You are a dillusional person, you, I assume(like you love to do) have lived in vancouver most of your life. Your experiences with black americans is incredibly limited. You do not see, socialize or associated with black americans in anyway, shape or form.
You only see what the media has allowed you to see and nothing more.

You are the type of person that moves into a white and asian neighborhood, you live there most of your life and then you comment on how great it is to be living with black people, yet there are none around you.. or maybe there's a nice black middle class family.. but that's it.

Here's a little word of advice: You don't know shit.

1- Canada is a much nicer place than the US. I know, I live here.

2- My opinion is valid. I live in Chicago. Yes, that Chicago. The home of the Chicago Bulls, the Chicago Black Hawks, the Chicago Bears, etc.. oh and home of the fucking murder capital.
Hey, why don't you say shit about this? Chicago body count: 4 dead, 35 shot over the weekend ? RT USA ?(4 dead, 35 shot - just your average weekend) And that's just on one single weekend. It's still happening. Do you think it stops for some reason?

3- You are the problem.
The media jumps on anyone who says theres something wrong.. because if you ignore the fact that there is and you don't allow change to happen.. things will stay the same. The democrats here hate when people criticize their property, and yes, being 100% welfare dependant means someone else owns you.

Guess what country has the highest prison population? Take a guess.

4- And I go back to my previous point with this one..
You live in place X and talk about how great the people are in place Y.
Do me a favor and stop pretending like what I say isn't true.

I have never been threatened by anyone except these ghetto ass thug pieces of shit and almost every single black person I've met here has been the same. They don't give a shit about your opinion or whatever else you think. They will attack you, rob you of your possesions and when you're down they'll shoot you too..
They are openly racist and no one can say a damn thing about it.
I've been called "white boy" , peckerwood (like snoop-shit-dog recently said), cracker, etc... on countless occasions while in school. In my four years of Highschool there were 4-6 shootings and 5 stabbings(none of these were done by whites or asians or hispanics). Fights were frequent.. and I'm in the nice part of chicago.. the north side.

And you're calling me a racist...

Why don't you go ahead with your non racist self, with your head held up high, go throug the south side of chicago.. shit even the north side of chicago at night and tell me how it goes.

Good men like Bill Cosby, Charles Barkley, Larry Elders and many, many others are hated because they speak the truth and try to change things.. they try to bring awareness.. but they're called uncle toms and other stupid shit.

Thank's for being part of the problem. Go kiss Al Sharptons race baiting ass.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #146

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
"I'm not racist, it's just that all black people are the same"

...right
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #147
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
I see. Let's re-evaluate then.
DING DING DING DING we have a winner

sorry folks but stereotypes exist for a reason. alot of these modern day racism against blacks is partly their own damn fault. i can understand racism in the past... those were uncalled for.

but when you get these ghetto ass naggers stirring shit up and causing trouble for everyone around them, i would say racism is perpetuated by their own people.

of course, not all american blacks are ghetto naggers. there are also a lot of black people who dont participate in obstructing the peace, and they are the victims when it comes to the negative stereotypes. I don't stereotype a black person if they seem presentable. I have not met a single black person who came from Africa who wasn't pleasent to interact with. However when i went to the states... i'd say i saw 3 out of 7 blacks behaving ghetto as hell.

I feel for them, but at the same time there's nothing that can be done. The world is not fair, and it never will be. don't blame the general population for holding these stereotypes, blame the people who reinforced it. i believe stereotyping is a primal cognitive process which helped in surviving. In the primal days... i imagine stereotyping to work like, oh, i recognize a familiar pattern of hide which resembles a (insert dangerous animal here) in that bush over there, i probably shouldn't go near there because i might attacked.

modern day stereotyping : oh, theres some nagger there in a XXXXL t shirt with jeans up to his knees in that dark alley over there... i probably shouldn't walk through there if i don't wanna get mugged.

and the whole glorification of the ghetto lifestyle through pop culture definitely isn't helping. Black people don't want negative stereotypes? Tell yoru fellow brethen to stop acting like a bunch of dumb naggers.

case in point, refer to snoop dogg's response to donald sterling. a prime example of why racism still exists. his incoherent string of words resemble a retard
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
"I'm not racist, it's just that all black people are the same"

...right
Quote:
Do I think all blacks are the same? No.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #149
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
theres a difference between racist and making an observation

i kinda agree with The7even

i think because of how communities segregate themselves its more about that race in a specific area. but 50km away the people in general are completely different.

if an area is more ghetto/thug it will drive the more stable people out and attract more of the "thug" type." in the case of Chicago that is largely Black populated and lets not beat around the bush. there are stereo type that have been set based on behavior and when that behavior is accepted into a community it becomes the norm.

this goes for ever race specific community. how people conduct themselves will be different based on who surrounds them and influences them
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #150
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
DING DING DING DING we have a winner

sorry folks but stereotypes exist for a reason. alot of these modern day racism against blacks is partly their own damn fault. i can understand racism in the past... those were uncalled for.

but when you get these ghetto ass naggers stirring shit up and causing trouble for everyone around them, i would say racism is perpetuated by their own people.

of course, not all american blacks are ghetto naggers. there are also a lot of black people who dont participate in obstructing the peace, and they are the victims when it comes to the negative stereotypes. I don't stereotype a black person if they seem presentable. I have not met a single black person who came from Africa who wasn't pleasent to interact with. However when i went to the states... i'd say i saw 3 out of 7 blacks behaving ghetto as hell.

I feel for them, but at the same time there's nothing that can be done. The world is not fair, and it never will be. don't blame the general population for holding these stereotypes, blame the people who reinforced it. i believe stereotyping is a primal cognitive process which helped in surviving. In the primal days... i imagine stereotyping to work like, oh, i recognize a familiar pattern of hide which resembles a (insert dangerous animal here) in that bush over there, i probably shouldn't go near there because i might attacked.

modern day stereotyping : oh, theres some nagger there in a XXXXL t shirt with jeans up to his knees in that dark alley over there... i probably shouldn't walk through there if i don't wanna get mugged.

and the whole glorification of the ghetto lifestyle through pop culture definitely isn't helping. Black people don't want negative stereotypes? Tell yoru fellow brethen to stop acting like a bunch of dumb naggers.

case in point, refer to snoop dogg's response to donald sterling. a prime example of why racism still exists. his incoherent string of words resemble a retard
i notice alot of your posts are about video games, so you must be a pasty ass skinny forever alone nerd

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 05-01-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote