REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Ian Benardo files $300 million lawsuit against American Idol

Kind of an old news, but here goes. 'American Idol' reject Ian Benardo sues for $300 million over alleged anti-gay discrimination on set - NY Daily News

'American Idol' reject Ian Benardo sues for $300 million over alleged anti-gay discrimination on set

New York City contestant Ian Benardo, 25, performs in front of the judges on 'American Idol.' He is now suing the show for $300 million after their alleged anti-gay discrimination.
This reject is hoping he can turn his "American Idol" crash into a whole lot of cash.
Ian Benardo, 30, who infamously rushed the stage during the talent search's 2010 finale now claims producers encouraged the stunt and then discriminated against him.
He's seeking $300 million in a complaint filed with the New York State Human Rights Division that alleges the "Idol" set "was permeated with discriminatory intimidation, ridicule, insults and hostile and offensive comments."
Benardo, who is openly gay, auditioned for the show in 2007 and became a sensation after he flipped out on host Simon Cowell.
Producers invited him back for last season's finale - then pelted him with anti-gay epithets and asked him inappropriate questions about his sexuality.
"I became a paid employee when they asked me back. Only after that did I start hearing, 'Why don't you act more faggy?'" Benardo told the Daily News on Tuesday.
"They encouraged me to be totally outlandish, they wanted me to dress in drag and kept using anti-gay slurs to tell me how to behave."
Benardo, 29, said producers tacitly gave him the go-ahead to grab the mike from comedian Dane Cook during the May 26 finale.
"They said that it was live TV and anything was OK as long as I didn't curse," he said. "It was a big wink-wink, so I did what I thought I was supposed to do."
Since the finale, Benardo said he has suffered panic attacks and can't live a normal life.

Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-29-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
This was f*cking 4 years ago.
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
300 million?!?!?! HAHAHAHA this is the fucking problem with the legal system in the US, how can someone actually feel like they are personally worth 300 million?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
You don't sue for what you'll take. The legal system has many problems, but dollar amounts asked for is very very very low on the list, if on the list at all.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
ridicules people for being british

sues when people ridicule him
Old 04-29-2014, 07:22 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Aim for the stars. Even if you miss, you'll land on the moon.

He'll probably be happy if he got a million from that 300mil.
Posted via RS Mobile
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,170 Times in 1,552 Posts
The good thing about Timpo living in the past is we, likely, have a conclusion to his posts:
Quote:
A New York federal judge has kicked out a discrimination lawsuit against American Idol filed by a homosexual contestant who was told by the crew to “gay it up,” ruling that the man knew what he was in for...
Adweek