REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Do you have FSS? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694851-do-you-have-fss.html)

Amaru 04-30-2014 04:07 AM

Do you have FSS?

Fucked Sleep Syndrome (FSS) is a debilitating ailment that primarily affects 16-34 year old males, particularly post-secondary students of middle- and upper-class background.

There is no known cure for FSS.

You may have FSS if you identify with two or more of the following symptoms:

-Inability to attend optional social events with a start time before 11:00am;

-Inexplicable urge to support any legislation require a store or business to operate 24hrs a day (or remain open at least until 4:00am).

-inability to schedule an appointment without mentioning "afternoons are best for me";

-Inability to attend any class or other educational activity before 11:00am;

-extremely anxious about the rising of the morning sun, belief that daylight should be banned before 8:00, year round.

-uncanny ability to know what time the police "night" and "day" shifts end/begin in the morning.

-strange urge to cover all windows with a dark blind or light-blocking blanket;

-tendency to prioritize any employment opportunity offering flexible hours or an evening shift;

-friends and family consider you unavailable before 11:00am;

-profound, unshakable belief that 3:34am is the perfect time for driving on city roads;

-intense fear of any hotel with a firm checkout time before 12 noon;

-pushed to the brink of an anxiety attack when informed of a must-attend commitment scheduled to begin before 10:00am;

-inexplicable adoration of cultures that rise later and stay up later (ie. Spain, France);

-strong support for the "all citizens have a right to 24/7 public transit" movement.
Posted via RS Mobile

RecklessNS 04-30-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaru (Post 8463880)
There is no known cure for FSS.

This is what I have a problem with. I see enough Twenty year olds up in the gym at around 6:00am. All different shapes and sizes. FUCK! I see 60 year olds doing military presses for days.

I'm my opinion, you just want to have it as bad as you want to breath.

Whether it'd be your job, lifestyle, overall health etc.

Call it what you want, but Lazy is the first thing that comes to my mind.

There are days where its acceptable whether you are sick or you did something extremely draining the day before but it's your responsibility to get back up on your feet.

There are a lot more serious syndromes out there. Unfortunately in our times, you can create whatever syndrome you want, and it's okay. By the end of the day, when the shit filter is full, you're responsible for doing something about it.

LightKeeper 05-15-2014 07:08 PM

There is a new drug called modafinil.
It will keep you up day and night. Little sleep is needed.
It is the new "smart" drug, similar to amphetamines.
All you need is a prescription.

SkinnyPupp 05-15-2014 08:36 PM

Modafinil is not similar to amphetamines

meme405 05-15-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecklessNS (Post 8464007)
I'm my opinion, you just want to have it as bad as you want to breath.

You think your ET or some shit?

Only ET can motivate like that.

Spoiler!