REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Anytime Fitness

Anyone a member there?

if so,

Which location?
How long have you been there?
How has your experience been?
How much you pay per month? sign-up fee? Key FOB fee?
Would you recommend it?

willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I'd like to know also. Just got myself a 7 day pass
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Chilliwack
Week and a half
It's what I expected (see below)
50 or so a month, 1 dollar signup/fob fee from the April promotion
It's the only 24hr gym that is near me, but you probably have other options..

My location here has one power rack and one barbell with fairly limited weights. It has dumbbells up to 100? iirc and no flat benches/bench press. I have yet to see anyone curling in the power rack. I have actually yet to see someone else in the power rack at all. I've only been there during the daytime twice, but in the middle of the night I am guaranteed to be able to pull an adjustable bench into the rack and be able to bench or squat or whatever with taking weights from the machines. There is a smith machine, maybe. I think there is but I have blocked it out of my memory as being inconsequential. There are a number of cardio machines, which I also could not tell you the numbers/types of. There are the normal assortment of strength machines all over. The club is 18+, which is great. The keyfob is pretty small, which is great. The replacement fee was $40 or something, which isn't terrible. I dunno, I like it here so far but I'm rehabbing from a muscle tear in my hand from rock climbing so I'm not going to be back to heavy weights for a while. With that in mind I'm not all that worried about the lack of stacks and stacks of 45 pound bumper plates or anything. I'm 100% sure that you people in the city have cheaper options, and probably better options too but for me I'm content.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

IGA (by metro) and Hastings (boundary)
About 1 year??
The gym is generally pretty clean. IGA gets a bit busy, so I try to go to hastings more often then not. (I hate going to a slammed gym, not my thing to wait for weights)
I signed up at IGA and it cost me $40 but because I went to hastings location more. They switched my registration to that location and they charge $42 (extra $2 for "towel service")
There was a key fob fee and registration fee but I forgot how much they were..
I would recommend the gym, its a good mix of regular people & juice monkeys.
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Signed up @ Cedar Cottage, then transferred my contract over to False Creek for convenience (right beside my workplace)

1.5 years

The staff @ the False Creek location are stellar. Owner is nice as fk
Cedar Cottage location is a klausterfokken most of the time, with majority of users ages 18-30 (based on my observant conjectures)
False Creek location is smaller, but does not get nearly as crowded. Usually mellow. Barely any teenagers; mostly ages 30+ and seniors.
Drawback: False Creek location is a little more expensive (because of the area, purportedly), but not too much. Like an extra $4/month

$38/month; I signed up at Cedar Cottage when they first opened up + I was under 18 at the time so they gave me an extra discount
First-time fee of ~$90 bucks (security + key fob fee). False Creek owner lemme transfer to his location at the same rate

I'd recommend it if you work shitty hours, or if you're a busy bee
Old 05-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #6
I subscribe to Revscene

member at false creek too

facility is always clean - i often see the owner coming in and doing stuff like mopping the washrooms and stuff like that himself. Super great guy. gets busy 530ish then again at 8-9pm. everyone is generally friendly and respectful.

only drawback is parking - free after 10pm in the attached apartment lot. Or you can walk about a block away into false creek for free 2hr parking (loosely enforced).
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Went yesterday with trial pass.

Guildford location

12AM.... whole gym to my self FTW.
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #8
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
IGA (by metro) and Hastings (boundary)
About 1 year??
The gym is generally pretty clean. IGA gets a bit busy, so I try to go to hastings more often then not. (I hate going to a slammed gym, not my thing to wait for weights)
I signed up at IGA and it cost me $40 but because I went to hastings location more. They switched my registration to that location and they charge $42 (extra $2 for "towel service")
There was a key fob fee and registration fee but I forgot how much they were..
I would recommend the gym, its a good mix of regular people & juice monkeys.
more info on boundary?
# squat racks, power racks, dumbells to 120, layout?
don't wanna waste my time getting a 7 day if its ehh

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #9
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb.kidz View Post
Went yesterday with trial pass.

Guildford location

12AM.... whole gym to my self FTW.
what grinds my gears for the guildford gym is that all the machines are right against each other, and the benches are always in your way,

but for the 96 ave, 128st gym, the equipment is nicely spaced out, but gets hella packed
Old 05-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
more info on boundary?
# squat racks, power racks, dumbells to 120, layout?
don't wanna waste my time getting a 7 day if its ehh

- 2 Squat racks(1power+reg) + 1 Smith machine and I think the dumbbells only go up to 70?
- I find the layout ok. A few friends have commented on it being a bit dark + underground like..
When you walk into the gym, the main area with fitness equipment is all to your right, yoga area(hardwood) straight ahead, and a additional room to your right.

I've only waited for the rack once, found most people at the gym don't use the racks that often.(but I avoid busy times, so I could be wrong)

Most anytime fitness gyms only have 2 racks(not including smith) from what i've noticed.

Only thing I don't like is the place doesn't have a dip rack/machine... I've emailed then regarding this. If anyone else goes to that gym and feels the same. Please shoot them a email.

EDIT - Sorry it actually goes up to 70 only.

Last edited by MelonBoy; 05-14-2014 at 10:00 PM.
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #11
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I'm at the Burnaby, by IGA one as well.

Been there for about a year now.
Generally it's pretty good (clean, short waits). Friday, saturday, sundays are usually pretty empty. I'm usually there around 1030, 11pm, so hardly any waits... plus it's usually the same crowd there at that time.
I pay about $35 a month because I signed up when they just opened... didnt charge me for a key fob activation fee either.

I personally think that the equipments there are suffice... would be nice to get a leg curl, and a hack squat machine though... but the place aint that big.
GTO-demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #12
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Which location? King Edward Village
How long have you been there? about 6 months
How has your experience been? great experience, the price is pretty good because of the equipment they have is quite new. At night time there isnt that many people so it makes things a lot easier for me to workout without having to wait for a machine.
How much you pay per month? sign-up fee? Key FOB fee? 50 per month and the first time fee was 100 all together with the keyfob.
Would you recommend it?
_cnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #13
How I Mod your mother

I go to the poco location, been a member for a little over a month now.
Experience has been pretty good. Always clean, whenever I go in weights are usually all put away. I pay about $50/month. Overall its better than the gym I use to go to. I've never had to wait for any equipment and I've had the gym to myself on numerous occasions.
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote