REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 05-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
need some help with landlords again

so ive had problems with these guys before failing to meet the rental agreement

back story:

Spoiler!

so 2 weeks ago i was confronted and the landlord asked me to start paying an additional 50$ a month rent beginning this month. i said no, as the law states he needs to give me 3full months of notice and can only raise it 2.2%

so he goes off the handle, saying hes revoking my parking. that my rents still going up. stuff of that nature. so i told him, unfortunately thats not how the law works, i have receipts for my rent a,d a signed rental agreement. and he goes off again saying he dosnt care. his house, his rules.

so i try to resolve it i say sure, next month ill start paying an additional $20 a month and all is well. i like my place, its nice and central to everything so i dont wanna rock the boat to much. but while i said this i showed him my paper work (receipts and agreement) and he says fine. rent dosnt go up and u keep you parking, but then said i cant wash or work on my car in the driveway.

so we argue again.. so i know if the RTA looks into this, they will see he didnt declare his basement suites and shits going to go wrong for him. i dont exactly wanna go this route because i dont want the guy sabotaging my shit while im out and i really dont wanna move.

advice?
Advertisement
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Get a louder exhaust!

As well as "Grandfathering" a old contract I wasn't able to find anything on that so Im not sure. Not much you can do, if he going to be a prissy about it.

But hope this helps a bit,
if you have the rental agreement
Spoiler!

As for the car washing

Spoiler!
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post

As for the car washing

Spoiler!
That paragraph doesn't really guarantee Snails' right to car washing, because it's debatable if use of the landlord's outdoor hose & water falls under "common areas" (of course unless his rental agreement states that it is).
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
That paragraph doesn't really guarantee Snails' right to car washing, because it's debatable if use of the landlord's outdoor hose & water falls under "common areas" (of course unless his rental agreement states that it is).

thats the thing. his terms he just made up were because hes mad. when he told me i couldnt wash my car any more because he knew i like washing it

so i told him i will fill up buckets of water and bring them to the driveway if i have too and he went off the handle again

so currently hes trying to add terms to an already established agreement
Old 05-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Yeah he can't stop you from filling up buckets to wash your car.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Yeah he can't stop you from filling up buckets to wash your car.
expecially if you are on the street, only thing that can stop you is city bylaws about that.
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Snails if he's being so much a dick right now, why WOULDN'T you want to leave? It's just going to get worse imo. I know moving is a huge pain in the ass and it's hard to find a good place with nice landlords, but it seems to be worth it if he's already making a huge fuss about a couple small things.

And especially if he's trying to do illegal shit and going psycho when you tell him it's against the law. If I were you, I'd be going to the RTB about it. But that's just my personal opinion.
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2014, 07:00 AM   #8
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
time to get a whistle on your car like woo wooOOOOoooo

i agree with inaii. i'd be looking for a new place in the meantime if i were you.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #9
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
LOl I say file a report with by law and get him fined. He would either lose his rental income, pay more in property tax or have an inspector comes and make sure he completely cut off all the gas pipe remove the stove and fridge and make sure he can't ever get the stove to work in the basement again. This will cost him a lot of money.
He is an Ass so you treat him like an Ass.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #10
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
How does that make sense? If snails doesn't want to leave, by reporting him to the city that's exactly what will happen.
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #11

i volunteered to him to pay more, up to 5% increase just to keep everyone happy, but he was just acting like a child at that point.

i wrote a resolution including the amount i would be willing to increase IF the paper work was filled out, otherwise i will continue doing what im entitled to do and any further issues will be dealt with a resolution threw the tenancy branch. unless hes plotting some shit i doubt he wants there to be an investigation.

i just do really like my place and hate to say it but i dont mind the area aswell. i dont have to be the landlords friend. i dont care if the guy never talks to me again. i just want some respect. as i have been a very respectful tenant.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #12
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
if you and him can reach a mutual agreement, write an amendment and both of you sign it. make sure both get a copy of it.

what kind of lease do you have and how much longer is your lease?

i know the rule says you can't just increase rent, but if you 2 reach an agreement to how much more you are willing to pay (yes you are bending over for him here), tell him that when your lease is up, you will START a new the lease (not renew) with the new rate that is agreed on (even if it is more than what RTB allows) without hesitation.

all the mean time, keep notes on how he is harassing you. if things do get worse, you should start looking for a new place even if you don't want to. paranoia tends to settle in once you have an idea in your head.

worse comes to worse, go through the branch and get his ass in trouble. and you just jet and leave. there needs to be a list from RTB for shitty landlords.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #13
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
surprised you would have offered more snails. i know you like the place but i think you're better off looking for a place available in your area and get out. your landlord sounds unpredictable

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:23 AM   #14

i was trying to keep things civil as i do like my place and rather not deal with him.

hes not to concerned about doing things by the law, but hes obviously threatened by me bringing some sort of authority figure into it

i will update if there is any other sort of conflict. in the letter i gave them i made it clear any further contact would be handled through email or letter and then would be dealt with through the tenancy board with a dispute resolution.