REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Costco Price Match (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694907-costco-price-match.html)

Euro7r 05-02-2014 08:20 AM

Costco Price Match

I'm looking at buying a TV from Costco but London Drugs has it for $100 cheaper. Does anyone know if Costco will price match?

The reason I want from Costco is because of the hassle free exchange and warranty experiences I've had in the past.

blkgsr 05-02-2014 08:22 AM

why don't you phone and ask?

meme405 05-02-2014 08:25 AM

WHy don't you use Google?

It took longer to come on here and make a thread then to enter "Costco Price match" into google and find the first result is an entire like 3 page thread on RFD discussing and complaining about how Costco does NOT price match.

Costco pricematch policy? - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

RickyTan3 05-02-2014 08:46 AM

Why not just buy it at ld. ..

EmperorIS 05-02-2014 08:49 AM

Yeah they price match. You should go costco now.

Euro7r 05-02-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8465172)
WHy don't you use Google?

It took longer to come on here and make a thread then to enter "Costco Price match" into google and find the first result is an entire like 3 page thread on RFD discussing and complaining about how Costco does NOT price match.

Costco pricematch policy? - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Not sure if you are trolling. I did google and the information on rfd is outdated.

I couldn't find anything from costco that indicates any price match policy, hence I posted here.

freakshow 05-02-2014 09:03 AM

you're already paying them for the privilege to shop there.. i'm pretty sure they will laugh at you if you request a price match..

FN-2199 05-02-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakshow (Post 8465187)
you're already paying them for the privilege to shop there.. i'm pretty sure they will laugh at you if you request a price match..

...then it isn't much of a privilege to shop there if competitors have cheaper items.

I've never heard of Costco price matching, though. From what I've heard, they only match prices if enough people cause a fuss about it (don't take my word for it).

Sunfighter 05-02-2014 09:34 AM

Costco has an awful lot of exclusives when it comes to product, especially TVs ... they may, at first, appear identical to a competitor but there is often a single distinguishing feature that makes them unique to them and thus ineligible for price matching against a competitor. Sometimes the unit can appear identical to a competitor but may lack an HDMI port of perhaps have an additional one.

StylinRed 05-02-2014 10:00 AM

They can be exactly the same except for the Model no. Costco has their own exclusive model numbers (for many sets) to get out of situations like you're proposing

freakshow 05-02-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRESHvibe (Post 8465190)
...then it isn't much of a privilege to shop there if competitors have cheaper items.

Then don't shop there :troll:

But seriously, just because one store has one product cheaper on sale for a few weeks a year, Costco isn't gonna care..

Manic! 05-02-2014 10:26 AM

Costco does not price match.

meme405 05-02-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euro7r (Post 8465186)
Not sure if you are trolling. I did google and the information on rfd is outdated.

I couldn't find anything from costco that indicates any price match policy, hence I posted here.

It may be an older topic, but the reason you can't find anything newer is because the facts havn't changed.

Costco does not price match.

And almost all the big retailers have different models of TV's

For example specifically looking at samsung, best buy may sell a Series 6 TV that is coded as a "6000", while future shop sells an almost identical TV minus the keyboard and trackpad which is labelled the 6050 (this package is usually cheaper by the cost of the keyboard and trackpad ($150).

This effectively kills the ability for consumers to price match and protects the retailers from killing each other with sales.

fliptuner 05-02-2014 10:45 AM

iirc, Costco also extends the warranty by a year at no cost. Might not be $100 worth of extended coverage but definitely cuts into the price difference. Plus, 90day, ho hassle, return.