REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Floyd mayweather earned $70,000,000 in one fight

Quote:
$32M for 36 minutes. I'm waiting for the PPV numbers to come in so I can make another $38M on the back-end. Making it a grand total of $70M.
fucking insane, and probably bought lil wayne to sing in his entrance theme song and justin bieber. How much does the richest MMA fight get in the UFC per fight?
Advertisement

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #2

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Jon Jones BARELY makes 10% of that in a fight payout/PPV/sponsors etc

I don't even think he even makes 7 mill a fight...
Old 05-05-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
lol 10% i doubt jones even makes 5mill per fight, if that.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Jones make 400K a fight which doesnt include sponsors and watever he may get for PPV buys
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Jones does like 300K buys at $50 each (which UFC gets 50% of) so $7,500,000 gross

Mayweather does 2M buys at $60 each (again 50%) so that's $40,000,000 gross

I doubt he makes $70 million a fight, but he absolutely makes a lot more than Jon Jones!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #6
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

the money in boxing is ridiculous, and i wont be surprised if mayweather does make $70 million because don't forget he is his own promoter aswell. all the trash talk and the flashy lifestyle is what makes him a marketing genius. love him or hate him people want to watch him

Floyd Mayweather boasts he will make $70 million for 36 minutes of work | For The Win

the picture in the link breaks down his pay (its insane)
taeyoung92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #7

$20M at the gate, $40M at PPV

So he is making more than 100% of the ticket and PPV sales? I'm sure there is more income from endorsements and goods, and the rest of the undercard doesn't make shit.. but how much more is there to pay him?
Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #8
RS controls my life!

Boxing is retarded to watch. Even the UFC has issues with their system, point fighting is one of the issues I have with UFC.

GSP is proof that all you have to do is score points more than your opponents and get a take down for 5 round and win the match. It's not funny to watch.
FS1992EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #9
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Funny that you mention GSP, because he made ~$5 mill per fight
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Jones does like 300K buys at $50 each (which UFC gets 50% of) so $7,500,000 gross

Mayweather does 2M buys at $60 each (again 50%) so that's $40,000,000 gross

I doubt he makes $70 million a fight, but he absolutely makes a lot more than Jon Jones!

70 million doesn't seem too far off. Forbes reported him taking in 80 million for his last fight. His PPV prices are actually 64.99 for SD and 74.99 for HD. It wouldn't be too far fetched to assume that someone willing to drop 65+ dollars for a fight would be willing to spend 400 on an HD television in 2014. At an average of 70 dollars per purchase, that leaves 140 million to be divided up from PPV buys alone. Let's be honest, Mayweather is the only real draw at these events. Everybody and their dog knows that, which is why it was reported that Mayweather was able to strong arm his way through negotiations and now collects a percentage on every stream of revenue.

Keep in mind that Mayweather also owns the promotion company he fights under, so that 50 percent you allocated for the UFC's cut really goes to Mayweather, at least a sizeable chunk of it should. As the lead promoter, I read that Mayweather fronts the vast majority of the costs associated with staging the event, so, naturally, he should reap the vast majority of the profits as well.
ChaKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaKo View Post
70 million doesn't seem too far off. Forbes reported him taking in 80 million for his last fight. His PPV prices are actually 64.99 for SD and 74.99 for HD. It wouldn't be too far fetched to assume that someone willing to drop 65+ dollars for a fight would be willing to spend 400 on an HD television in 2014. At an average of 70 dollars per purchase, that leaves 140 million to be divided up from PPV buys alone. Let's be honest, Mayweather is the only real draw at these events. Everybody and their dog knows that, which is why it was reported that Mayweather was able to strong arm his way through negotiations and now collects a percentage on every stream of revenue.

Keep in mind that Mayweather also owns the promotion company he fights under, so that 50 percent you allocated for the UFC's cut really goes to Mayweather, at least a sizeable chunk of it should. As the lead promoter, I read that Mayweather fronts the vast majority of the costs associated with staging the event, so, naturally, he should reap the vast majority of the profits as well.
Even at 100% HD buys, it's still only $75 million after PPV companies get their share

I guess a lot of it is from other things like advertising, etc.

Mayweather is not only the only big boxing draw, he's the biggest PPV draw in the world, period. By a LONG margin. MMA had Brock Lesnar doing similar numbers for a while but he had to retire.