REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 11-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #101
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Alfred went all James Bond on em
i hope there will be a backstory... scotland yard? special ops? MI5?
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #102
God of Unce

Wait, so no more new episodes til January?
Old 11-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #103
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
Wait, so no more new episodes til January?
Winter/Fall Break..happens every year with almost all tv shows
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #104
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
This. I wasn't saying that literally Gotham is a good show, and that literally they are going to cancel it. I was making a prediction based on FOX's history.

Really hope this doesn't get cancelled. Its really good so far and getting better every episode.
VanCellClinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #105
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
it all depends how much the episodes cost.. Anyone have an idea on the budget per episode they have?
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #106
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Paging 7seven
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #107
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
trailer was awesome, show was awesome.. but not awesome enough to keep me watching imo (same goes for thousands/millions of people imo).....

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #108
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Ratings have been a steady 6 since episode 3, which is just outside the top 10 shows based on Nielsen's site
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #109
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Still digging it for sure but does the storyline follow anything related to the comics at all? I'm assuming the premise of the show is to tell the tale of Gotham right after Bruce's parents were shot.

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
i hope there will be a backstory... scotland yard? special ops? MI5?
well in the comic iirc Alfred was an actor in a troupe but he was also an SAS agent or MI5 something like that

other than that everything else seems to be new as for teaching bruce to fight he doesn't teach him all his batman skills just like what a dad teaches a kid to defend himself is all

as for its success...its the best show for FOX this season more than Bones but FOX is still struggling compared to the rest of the networks
I think Sleepy Hollow may be getting cancelled before Gotham

Last edited by StylinRed; 11-26-2014 at 04:33 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #110
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCellClinic View Post
Really hope this doesn't get cancelled. Its really good so far and getting better every episode.
i am certain there will be a season 2, but there may be problems with how fox increased their order for season 1 from 16 to 22 episodes because many of their other shows are not doing well and they need gotham to keep their numbers up. the show producers did not plan to go past 16 episodes, so right now they are trying to throw something together for the additional 6 which should have been for season 2 and there is a risk of them ending up being half-baked

Holy Attrition, Batman! Fox Orders a Full Season of Gotham - Gotham Community - TV.com
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 11-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #111

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Spoiler!
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:23 PM   #112
Witness protection

gotham is back today....

some preshow research material:
Old 01-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #113
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Been watching it with my gf and we are loving every episode. High hope for season 2
Old 01-06-2015, 04:12 AM   #114
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
I was expecting Dr. Lang to say "shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet" at the end there
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #115

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
^^haha totally. He even had the same character demeanor with the way he spoke. Homeland hottie was a pleasant surprise
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #116
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts

SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 06:43 PM   #117
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anyone know when season 2 will air?
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #118
Witness protection

dunno. we haven't even finished season 1 yet.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:52 PM   #119
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
Anyone know when season 2 will air?
the second half of season 1 started a couple weeks ago and the next new episode is this monday
Old 01-16-2015, 08:58 AM   #120

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Was there a new episode this past Monday? I'm thinking no unless my box didn't record it.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:04 AM   #121
Witness protection

i think it was a rerun of the pilot episode last monday.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:05 AM   #122

^^no new episode this past monday
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #123
Witness protection

teaser for next ep:

This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #124
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Was there a new episode this past Monday? I'm thinking no unless my box didn't record it.
nope but there was a new episode on the 29th
Old 01-19-2015, 10:22 PM   #125
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
It got renewed for season 2

'Empire,' 'Gotham,' 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Renewed at Fox - The Hollywood Reporter

Fox jumped on the TCA renewal train Saturday.

The network used its executive session to hand out early 2015-16 pickups to freshman dramas Empire and Gotham as well as a third run for comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Empire has become Fox's breakout hit after only two episodes. The 20th Century Fox Television drama from Lee Daniels and Danny Strong has emerged as the No. 1 new series of the season. Following its second episode, it is the only new broadcast drama this season to grow from week one to week two. In live-plus-same-day returns, it tied ABC's How to Get Away With Murder as the No. 1 new broadcast series premiere among adults 18-49. Starring Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson, the hip-hop Dynasty has more VOD viewing than any other Fox show this season, earning more than 1.1 million total viewers.

See more Faces of Fall 2014

Warner Bros. Television's Batman prequel Gotham, meanwhile, is averaging a 4.2 rating in adults 18-49 and 10.6 million viewers. It ranks as the season's No. 1 broadcast drama overall among men 18-49 and men 18-34. Its series premiere —6.0 in the advertiser-coveted demo — outperformed The Blacklist and Scorpion and delivered Fox's highest-rated fall drama debut in 14 years. The live-plus-seven rating for the Ben McKenzie DC Comics adaptation from Bruno Heller reflects the largest post-three-day ratings gain (+0.9) of any broadcast drama ever.

Comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine, starring Andy Samberg and from Parks and Recreation producers Dan Goor and Mike Schur, hails from Universal Television and is averaging a 2.7 among adults 18-49 — up 17 percent year-over-year and posting the largest demo uptick among second-year shows. Its renewal guarantees that Schur and Goor will have one series on the broadcast networks next season after NBC's Parks and Recreation signs off this spring.

Empire, Brooklyn and Gotham join previously renewed animated series for the 2015-16 broadcast season Bob's Burgers, Family Guy andThe Simpsons and mark the network's first scripted pickups. They join Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk's horror comedy anthology Scream Queens, which was picked up straight-to-series last year.

The renewals — one from all of the big studios — come after CBS and The CW announced multiple renewals for 2015-16 during their TCA sessions earlier in the week.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote