REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Province says it will help twin the Bailey Bridge

Hmm... this is very interesting:

Province says it will help twin the Bailey Bridge | News1130

Quote:
Province says it will help twin the Bailey Bridge
City of New Westminster would be responsible for one of the spans

NEW WESTMINSTER (NEWS1130) – The province says it will foot the bill for a single-lane replacement for the Bailey Bridge.

But the government has outlined conditions in exchange for paying for the bridge. The City of New Westminster will be expected to pay for installation and maintenance costs.

Under the terms of the government’s offer, the City will also be responsible for installing a second bridge to allow for two-way traffic. It’s unclear at this stage what will cost more: the installation or the bridge itself.

The government says it’s doing this to help ease traffic congestion and allow people to get to Royal Columbian Hospital faster.

Transportation Minister Todd Stone says the closure of the bridge affects almost 10,000 drivers per day, adding he feels a temporary two-lane structure should be built instead of replacing the existing single-lane span.
I can almost see the dumba$$ reaction of the NW municipal government turning the offer down because once again, they will do anything and every to keep traffic out of their quaint little city.

Really, they might as well juts build a medieval wall to cordon off themselves from the rest of the Lower Mainland...
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
No kidding. The amount of stonewalling done by this pathetic little gov't is basically putting a huge bottleneck on literally all the commuter traffic in the GVRD... just so they can keep their little retirement community. It's a sad case of a city that can't/won't keep up with the changing times... whether they like it or not, commuter traffic will increase. They can either facilitate it and capitalize on it, or keep blocking it and face the amounts of congestion they have now. Look at Columbia St. and the 30 km/h speed limit... not to advocate speeding but I've yet to drive on that stretch behind someone who follows it.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

New West is the new Delta. The 72nd overpass should have been built 15 years ago...

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:50 AM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
was going to say guaranteed NW will snub the offer

the province should have made the offer to coquitlam if they wanted this done (yes Coquitlam is footing about $1,000,000 of the bill already)

i doubt Coquitlam would care if they had to pay more this is what the Coq mayor is calling for

Quote:
Coquitlam Mayor Richard Stewart welcomed Thursday’s announcement, though with a caveat. His preferred option would have included a four-lane overpass above the SkyTrain tracks that was proposed five years ago with more than $60 million in federal infrastructure money.
http://www.thenownews.com/news/provi...idge-1.1053396
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #5

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
^^ Over the skytrain?!?! Is the Coq Mayor on drugs? That would mean the "bridge" would start on the Coq side, and travel over all the industrial area, and end up near Rousseau St.. No use to Brunette then.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #6

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
^^maybe they mean over the train tracks? when there's a train there it really fucks up the traffic flow

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #7
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Never knew about this bridge, gonna try it out.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #8
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
^^ It is currently closed because cracks have been found on the bridge (or maybe it was on the foundation). But in any case, it is not exactly a pleasant drive because it is narrow and is only uni-directional at any given time. The opposing directions literally have to take turns to use the bridge, and the wait can be long.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: