REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 05-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Oppo Find 7a

Just order one to try it out (Give me S4 to my mom). Looks like a sweet phone and price isn't too bad either.

Find 7
Oppo Find 7a Review

I was thinking of getting the Find 7 but that 4k screen might drain battery too quick and at $599 might be a tab expensive. Hope that Find 7a would be decent.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
At a price of only $100 more, you get a way better QHD screen and amazing 538PPI
Faster CPU, 1gb more ram, 16gb more storage and little larger battery...

well worth that extra $100, I would say...
Old 05-09-2014, 11:40 PM   #3
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

^^ The thing I am also thinking is that with a 4k display it will drain the battery like crazy. Currently people are saying the Find 7a on screen time is around 4hours to 4 hour and 30mins so is not the worse but not the best either.

I really like the fast charging functions. Hopefully this will be a great phone.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
^^ The thing I am also thinking is that with a 4k display it will drain the battery like crazy. Currently people are saying the Find 7a on screen time is around 4hours to 4 hour and 30mins so is not the worse but not the best either.

I really like the fast charging functions. Hopefully this will be a great phone.
It's a "2"k display, not a 4k display.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #5
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

How are Oppo phones? Never really heard of this brand before until now.
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Oppo was started by the same people as 1+1, they are known as other electronics like disc players etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB6 View Post
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #7
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FB6 View Post
they make really high quality dvd/blu-ray players

and they've been making smartphones for several years now, sold in china/asia with great specs not too sure about the quality though i imagine its at least up to par

as for the QHD display that's only 2560 x 1440
FHD (1920x1080)
QHD (2560x1440)
WQXGA+ (3200x1800)
UHD (3840x2160)
4K (4096 x 2160)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #8
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Interesting, seems pretty nice.
PLUJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #9
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Honestly the problem that Samsung faces now is, it is not that expensive to make a good smart phone, get a screen supplier, LG, Samsung or AUO.. sample board from Qualcomm, battery from Samsung etc.. get a case.. you are pretty much good to go. The situation is a lot like AMD and Nvidia video cards.

Of course having all the crappy bloatware doesn't endear Samsung with their users.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #10
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
i dont get 4hrs SoT on my N5 either.. lol max I gotten was just under 3hrs...
Old 05-11-2014, 12:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Honestly the problem that Samsung faces now is, it is not that expensive to make a good smart phone, get a screen supplier, LG, Samsung or AUO.. sample board from Qualcomm, battery from Samsung etc.. get a case.. you are pretty much good to go. The situation is a lot like AMD and Nvidia video cards.

Of course having all the crappy bloatware doesn't endear Samsung with their users.
Agree to the S5 without a contract is $700 which is really expensive so I decided to look elsewhere to for a different phone (I still have the N5 so I don't want to pay something over price). I was looking at the M8 for $649 or the Sony Z2 for $699. I alot of the Chinese phone makers have great specs on their phones but not sure about quality. Until one of my friends in Hong Kong bought a phone from a Chinese phone maker (he loves tech especially cell phones). I was a bit surprise but he assure me the phone is as powerful if not more powerful/better than Samsung and HTC......

I looked into Oneplusone but they don't have a SD card slot which is a big no no for me. They do seem to have really nice specs though at a low price.

Also I look at Xiaomi Mi 3 but the lack or LTE turn me away otherwise the phone seems decent and design isn't bad either. I might pick up one for cheap when i go to Hong Kong in Sept. just to see how good or bad they are.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:33 PM   #12

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
not gonna lie i was gonna go with the oppo find 7 but since china telecom (the provider im with) is on a cdma network, i will be going with the xiao mi mi3 before the end of this month

@happyslip, have u looked at xiao mi red note its 5.5 inches & the specs are pretty good

my coworker & her husband got the xiao mi red mi aka hong mi for $850 rmb which is like less then a $150 for a smartphone with the specs that equal to big names like samsung & HTC

i also like they fact that xiao mi is pre-rooted as well oppo & oneplus are pre-CG mod (which is also rooted) which already starts u off with a great playing field & best part is everything is still under warranty period

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...

Last edited by ae101; 05-14-2014 at 11:58 PM.
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #13

Had the find 7a for a day.

So far the screens is really really nice and bright. It does come pre-install with a screen protector which is crap so once you remove it the screen is a lot better. Design wise the phone looks decent it is a large phone with 5.5 screen but it doesn't feel that big. Also the back doesn't feel it will slip out of your hands. Button placement is perfect expect they got the power button to the left of the phone and the volume to the right (opposite of the N5 and S4) which will take sometime to use to. There are no on screen buttons, once you wake the phone there are those capsuabe buttons but it is a bit dim. Overall design wise not bad at all.

Call quality seems decent and volume just rocks on this thing. With the N5 or S4 I had to turn the ringtone to max and still sometimes I find not loud enough. With the find 7 I sent to about 35% and is almost still too loud. Using my headphone is pretty decent what I find is strange is that with google music player it doesn't play .flac files but with the build in audio player is fine. Now the build in audio needs some work for sure. Is really plain and lacks a lot features, heck it doesn't even show the album art! I might have to install another music player to try.

In terms of lte I don't seem to be getting lte speeds. I check the phone status it is LTE BUT doing various speed test It is average about 18Mps down and 14Mps up while with my N5 and S4 average is about 40Mps down and 20Mps up. Now find 7 does have the LTE band
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - all models
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - international model
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - Mexico & US model
4G Network LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600 / 2100 - international model
LTE 700 / 1700 / 2100 - Mexico & US model
Now I got got US model so I should be able to use the LTE speed. I read on fido tech forums and it seems they mostly use Fido's LTE network uses the 2100 and 2600 MHz frequencies (mostly 2600 MHz). FIDO LTE Bands Match - Community Forums ? Forums Communautaire
This was posted back in 2013 so the detail should be pretty accurate. I am guessing becasue fido mostly use 2600 MHz that why the LTE speed on the Find 7a is slower? I already change the APN settings but will go to the fido store later today to confirm.

In terms of battery it needs a lot of work, over night I lost about 10% battery life. This is a known issue with the OS and it seems an update is coming soon to fix that. So I am too worry yet as I can charge my phone at work so it should be fine. Also they have the rapid charging system. If you use the included charger it can charge your phone really phone fast. I tried it and seems to work.

What I like about this phone the most is the hand gestures. i can turn my msuic player on, change songs, change volume and even turn the camera and flash light when the screen is off. Make things a lot easier. For example I can draw a circle and it will open the camera for me, double tab and it will wake the phone up, 2 fingers wipe down and it will open the music player. So far I find the camera and flash light to work everytime while the others does not. It could be I am not doing it right or maybe my fingers is oily..... either way I have a better screen protector on the way so I shall try it once that's install.

Color OS(the Skin find 7a use) is different than what I have experience. You can download different themes and the icons and background will be that theme now it doesn't work with apps you download so the app icon you downloaded wont' change to those theme skins. There is an interesting one that change the background to weather. So if it is sunny you will see a sun floating in the backgroun when is raining there will be clouds raining. Pretty cool I think.

The camera is pretty good I took a few HDR pics and is pretty clear, I say is better than the s4 camera and maybe the same as the S5? Now is not as feature pack as the S5 or the Z2 but as a regular guy who takes pic of food and family is more than enough.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #14
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Don't forget double tap the home button to lock the phone and three finger swipe down to take a screenshot.

Neat features from ColorOS skin.
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #15

how is the mod on it

on a another note i looked at.the.mi3 in stores & the price as $2000 somthing rmb while online from their website is $1600 rmb, but if i order it from xiao mi official website it will take 30 days for them to sent it out

thats unless i wait till every tuseday & log it to there website & bid for the chances to get the 7 day ship out serivces, man this is bs as it looks like xiao mi doesnt want my business right there

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
Old 05-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
how is the mod on it

on a another note i looked at.the.mi3 in stores & the price as $2000 somthing rmb while online from their website is $1600 rmb, but if i order it from xiao mi official website it will take 30 days for them to sent it out

thats unless i wait till every tuseday & log it to there website & bid for the chances to get the 7 day ship out serivces, man this is bs as it looks like xiao mi doesnt want my business right there
Some people are able to get Cyanogenmod 11s running on their 7a and I believe it comes rooted anyways so is pretty easy for 3rd party mod but is there 3rd support is another issue. It seems fine so far to me. Some people are having issue with screen being, wifi losing connection, audio issue on phone calls, 3rd party headset not supported..... so far none of that issue came up on mine yet..... another note it seems people who have the white version (I have the white one too) seems to be having less issue...... maybe the black version is the first batch so there is more issue?

EDIT. back to the LTE issue. It seems I am getting average 25 to 30Mps down and 20lish Mps up now when I am out in open space (IE park) but in buildings it was pretty bad (around 10Mps down even at the fido store in crystal mall). I was able to talk to another person who had the find 7a as well and this is what he mentions
"Yea, LTE speeds aren't great. I think it's because it doesn't use band 7, which is Rogers/Fido newer LTE band that gets much faster speeds.
It uses band 4, which is the older, slower LTE." So I am guessing coz of that the LTE speed won't be as good.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 05-18-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #17

the reason y your LTE might be slow is cuz china just recently got 4G network (ya i know its very late), so your 7 might have the older LTE just to.coupe with.china

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 05-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #18

Yes I think so. The newer LTE band for Rogers/Fido uses band 7 while their older LTE network uses band 4 which is what Find 7a has so it will be slower.....

I am not sure if the find 7 or One+One will use the newer band for LTE...... but so far I am liking the phone a lot other than the LTE being a little slow (doens't seem to affect what I do though which is mainly messaging using What's app, Line, WeChat and some light surfing and facebook)
Old 05-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #19

i checked gsmarena & they both the same for lte specs

Oppo Find 7 - Full phone specifications

Oppo Find 7a - Full phone specifications

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 05-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #20

Got an update 2 days ago and battery level seems a lot better now. Phone is still very smooth with some weird glitches ie if I rotate the phone in what's app or WeChat the will app will just frozen. I have to get out and get back in then it will be fine. I also have WeChat close on me when I switch between Google keyboard and Swipe (only happens on these 2 keyboards though)
Old 05-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #21

ya these things happen alot, my phone randomly reboots.for reason from time to time, u might need.to wait.for the next update

are u on kit kat right now

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 06-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #22

Another firmware update a week ago. Fix the what's app and wechat issue I was having before. However, now it seems that some apps won't run (Yelp, Asphalt 8). Also, volume on headset other than the OEM one is really really quiet. The other end couldn't hear me at all even on the max volume. Going back to my Samsung phone till they fix this becasue I use the headset a lot to chat with my gf.