REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   JDRF Walk for the Cure (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695305-jdrf-walk-cure.html)

nabs 05-16-2014 07:37 PM

JDRF Walk for the Cure

Hello everyone,

I decided last night that I was going to do this years JDRF Walk for the Cure. JDRF is an organization that brings awareness and does research to find a cure to Type 1 Diabetes.

I have someone in my life who has lived with this ever since the early years of high school. It it a cause that is near and dear to my heart, and I get really emotional speaking about it, which I'm doing right now as I am typing this. Personally I would do anything I can as much as I can for this cause, so I am getting involved in some fund raising for the JDRF.

On June 8th I plan on doing the JDRF walk for the cure. I would love for you guys to support me, donate any amount, every little bit helps.

It's been 24 hours since I started my donation page, I have exceeded my goal already.

For more information on the JDRF you can visit their website at Home - JDRF Canada

To visit my donation page Nabs Donation Page

Also if you wish to join in the walk yourself, you are more than welcome to join my group diaBEATERS.

Thank you everyone for your support.

nabs 06-15-2014 07:39 PM

Thank you everyone! With your help and support we have raised $545 towards finding a cure for Type 1 Diabetes! This is more than I anticipated in the short amount of time we were given. Thank you!!!

Unfortunately due to my pneumonia I was unable to attend the walk, but your support and help is very heartwarming. I cannot thank you enough.

Until next year!

MG1 06-15-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8488022)
Thank you everyone! With your help and support we have raised $545 towards finding a cure for Type 1 Diabetes! This is more than I anticipated in the short amount of time we were given. Thank you!!!

Unfortunately due to my pneumonia I was unable to attend the walk, but your support and help is very heartwarming. I cannot thank you enough.

Until next year!

Nabs, can I still contribute using your page?

nabs 06-15-2014 10:58 PM

I believe so. I'm going to be going down to the JDRF office tomorrow, I'll ask them and let you know tomorrow.

nabs 06-16-2014 05:57 PM

So I found out you can donate to my page at any time :) so feel free!

And thank you so much for inquiring.

MG1 06-16-2014 07:12 PM

I just donated. It was uber easy and painless. Damn, didn't know some RS members already contributed. Mike, I don't care what others say about you. You is a good guy.... saw your name on the list.