REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #26
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
^ depends how much of the condo was owned by their bank (mortgage)
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #27
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
RCMP is not a moving service. For renters you have to hire a sheriff. They charge around 2k if you can find one. Then you have to store there stuff for 90 days.
The RCMP will come to the property and remove the people on the basis of trespassing. Bailiffs, not the RCMP or Sheriffs, carry out judgements of the court and can be hired to repossess property.
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #28
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar604 View Post
The RCMP will come to the property and remove the people on the basis of trespassing. Bailiffs, not the RCMP or Sheriffs, carry out judgements of the court and can be hired to repossess property.
You're post made me curious and this is what I found about sheriffs and bailiffs in terms of their job titles (although it might vary by geographical region):
Sheriffs and Bailiffs - Service Canada
SeanJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #29
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
They just got removed from the property today. Strata will try to sell property to recoup legal costs.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...uple-1.2677670

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 06-16-2014 at 04:37 PM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #30
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
so they lose the house and will still owe the bank money for the mortgage? Hopefully going bankrupt was worth a parking space!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Those fucking cocksuckers on the strata should have just had a heart and given the old chinese man a visitor parking spot.

People who are on strata councils are 99% likely to be complete fucking assholes
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
so they lose the house and will still owe the bank money for the mortgage? Hopefully going bankrupt was worth a parking space!!
I'd imagine that the leinholder on the house gets first dibs to any money gained from the sale. Given that most people have at least SOME equity in their house.. the mortgage should get paid off and the left overs go to the strata.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #33

Looks like you didn't read the article, watch the video OR read any of the comments from people who are on that strata in the comment section. This man has been a pain and nuisance for everyone around him for years. He got what he deserved.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #34

2 bed/2 bath/2 parking stall/1050sqft unit, for sale in that complex for $220k
V1039222, # 28 2378 RINDALL AV, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia V3C1V2

Just idea of what it's worth.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 06-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #35
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Those fucking cocksuckers on the strata should have just had a heart and given the old chinese man a visitor parking spot.

People who are on strata councils are 99% likely to be complete fucking assholes
I'm not a fan of strata councils but this guy was totally in the wrong. He tossed the middle finger up and parked in the visitors spot with no regard to how it impacted anyone around him. He then went on to keep suing the strata with no real just cause and cost everyone else who owns there money. It sucks he's losing his place but he brought it on himself so it's hard for me to feel bad for him.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #36
Banned (ABWS)

It's just one fucking parking spot!!! Let the old man have it, shit!

Certainly the strata could have worked with him. How much did he spend, $173,000?

Imagine if both parties decided he could just pay $100 extra a month to strata for the spot, or perhaps used 10k of his own money to buy it out, or something?

Fuck it's just one parking spot, why all this drama for everyone involved?
Old 06-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #37
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:

Certainly the strata could have worked with him. How much did he spend, $173,000?

Imagine if both parties decided he could just pay $100 extra a month to strata for the spot, or perhaps used 10k of his own money to buy it out, or something?

It was because of their blatent disregard for the strata bylaws. Instead of complying, he decided to run them through the ringer with lawsuit after lawsuit. You can't expect anyone to abide by strata bylaws if they started making concessions willy-nilly. They're there for a reason.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #38
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:

Don't know about that particular complex, but in my apartment building there is only about 10 visitor parking stalls for the 45 odd strata lots. If I needed an additional parking spot I had the option to purchase one during the pre-sale of my condo. The cost was 40k.

Now maybe 10k is fair for the spot, and maybe $100 a month is fair, but maybe they only had a limited amount of stalls, and wanted them available for everyone to use when they had family over, and not just owned by one person. That is after all why visitors stalls exist. So that they maybe shared and used fairly between all strata lots.

This world doesn't revolve around singular people who are annoying enough, or thick-headed enough to just do whatever they want. I am happy this strata council stood their ground, and I am happy they got rid of their asshole of a neighbor.

Needless to say I know you won't understand any of this, because anyone who isn't a free spirit like you, is just a 9-5 drone, who has to live by the rules and can never have any fun. I also know you know absolutely nothing about Stratas and being a good neighbor after that other thread you made.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #39
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Strata's sometimes are a PITA. Mostly because of dick swabs like this couple. I hope they have to sell their house. I'm sure their life has been a living hell from all the other owners in the building since their court hearings have started though.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #40

I'm sure a lot of other people in the complex wanted another spot. Maybe they rented them from other people, maybe they parked on the street. These people (Bea's) aren't special.

RSUV #7
Old 06-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #41
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:

What if everyone wants another spot? Then what? You can't just sell and rent a spot to this guy coz he wants it. Hell I want 1 million dollars from my job every pay cheque too.

There are only a number of visitor parking for EVERYONE to use. Not for him only. My sister and her husband is looking for an apartment now. Guess what, they have 3 cars so they are looking for apartments with 2 parking and hopefully park the 3rd on the street. Is call consumer awareness and being smart. If anyone tries to park at my parking spot I will have their car tow in no time. Need an extra spot? Buy one or park on the streets.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #42
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
173k is the outstanding legal costs of the strata
53k is the outstanding legal costs of Bea

with condo prices the way they are i'm sure selling the condo will cover all legal costs and then some
i would but that would suck, having to sell your house to cover court costs over something so stupid.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #43
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Wow. A quarter-million dollar lesson for a stubborn selfish dumb ass.
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I also know you know absolutely nothing about Stratas and being a good neighbor after that other thread you made.

Oh gosh I had beers with that neighbor a week ago!!!
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #45
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
What if everyone wants another spot?

But they don't, it was just this one guy!
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #46
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
I want to laugh at his misfortune directly to his face.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #47
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
But they don't, it was just this one guy!
Yeah but after they just gave him a stall you bet your ass everyone else would have wanted one as well.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:39 PM   #48
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

I'm not sure if you have read any of the articles, but three visitor spots were used by him for STORAGE. after receiving numerous strata violation tickets, they refused to pay which by the contract they sign they have to in the end.From then on, it went down hill. And 90% of his interviews are sob stories about him fucking up.
Like your car, you get a ticket and don't pay you end up biting the bullet 5 years later when you renew you licence
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #49

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
I feel sorry for the other owners in this building. Not only for having to deal with this man-cunt for the past few years, but because they're ultimately paying the court costs to fight this jerkoff with their strata fees.

When they showed him leaving with 'chest pains' at the end of the news story tonight, I hope they were real. Stubborn piece of shit.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #50
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Can someone explain why, if he sued the strata he didn't need to put up court and lawyer fees upfront? Who was covering all these fees during these 6 years?
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote