REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 05-19-2014, 03:34 AM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Samsung Note 2 Cracked Screen

Sooooooo, unfortunately I dropped my Note 2 on concrete today and now my screen is cracked.

Has anyone had experience replacing their screen on their phones and if so, which company/store do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
dutd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:50 AM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:24 AM   #3
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I would say buy one off ebay and try to fix it yourself. Going to the store to fix it, they will most likely charge you around 120 or more which is not really worth it IMO.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:49 AM   #4

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
You can try fixing it yourself but the LCD might not be responsive to the sensors and what not after...

I recommend either:

-Docotech at Crystal Mall (Burnaby)
-JP Cellular in Richmond

There's also "Yolo Repair" in Vancouver on 49th but not sure how much they cost/service is. Call each place and compare prices.

Yolo Repair ? iPhone Repair, iPad Repair, iPod Repair, Mac Repair and Smartphones Repair - iPhone broken glass

Good luck
Old 05-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Got my Note 2 screen replaced last week at AC&G Repair on W. Hastings and Granville.

Cost me $207 for the repair just like the one in the vid above. Took about 30mins to get fixed.

For my phone, right now the stylus doesn't really work on the bottom part of the screen. Also when I'm on some apps(gosms, google chrome), that apps has this sort of transparent look to it. Basically I can see the my home screen through the "transparent" gosms and google chrome.

The glue/3m tape used to stick it back on has started to come off. And part of the screen is starting to come off.

Have to bring it in tomorrow to get it fixed again.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

dropped my phone twice and broke the screen twice. The cost of repair is easily over 120 for these phones. And it usually will never be the same again. My screen cracked again so I'm just going to leave it and use it till it dies. But my situation is different as I have a toddler that loves technology..lol
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i cracked the screen on my note 2 within a few weeks of owning it. I took it to the Samsung Service Center in richmond (number 6 and close to new west hwy). Cost me just shy of $200 to fix, but this was when the phone just came out.
ApePee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Here is a groupon deal, just look for the screen repair:

https://www.groupon.com/visitor_refe...3-90e2cd4df263
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I had my Note 2 repaired at YOLO. They did a good job, but the screen noticeably less responsive than the original.

You might want to find out if it's possible to get it repaired through a Samsung service center in Canada, or even send it to Korea. They charge about $150 for the screen and lcd replacement. Also, if you get both replaced, you can sell your old lcd since it's likely not damaged.
maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #10
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Yolo repair isnt bad , had a nexus 5 screen replaced their , was done in a hour and a half.

I think they are moving their location to yaletown soon though.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #11
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Recently had a genuine Nokia battery replaced for my Nokia N9 at Vancouver Cell Phone Repairs | We Fix All Major Brands > VanCell (Rupert & E. 29th.) Parts and labour was $40. I was in and out of the shop in 15 to 20 minutes? Good service and super nice people.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote