REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Motorsports

REVscene Motorsports RS Motorsports by The Speed Syndicate
RS Race Team
Pitt Meadows & Mission Raceway. Organize Race Pre-meets, post Racing related event Pics and discussion. In collaboration with The Speed Syndicate, Official race events presenter. [Solicitation of Professional Racing Events Allowed]

Old 05-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #51
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Good to hear that you had a fun day at PR. How did you like the newly paved T7 through T9? I have yet to try that out myself since the repaving, and I've been dying to do so since seeing all that nice fresh asphalt on their Facebook page. Prior to the repaving, T8 used to be quite slippery, but will at the same time scallop my tires...

Unfortunately I don't have a comparison as to what it used to be, but it was great grip in the dry, however when it got wet the water didn't shed as fast as the rest of the track. They were stressing the importance of coming through turn 7-8 very fast, as it would totally determine what your front straight would feel like. The couple times I nailed it through there I hit the rev limiter in 4th because I got faster than I thought I could even get haha. Bombing in towards the wall in turn one @6700 rpms in 4th gear is something that will stick with me for the rest of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
5a/b is my personal fav for that track..
3a/b was my favourite with the huge drop in. It felt similar to skating a steep bowl, but in a car.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #52
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
Initial Consultation with Naturopath yesterday. $570. How I feel
whoa.. i hope that included the blood test!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:04 AM   #53
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
whoa.. i hope that included the blood test!
An adrenal test. Haha better be worth it.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:06 AM   #54
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Bombing in towards the wall in turn one @6700 rpms in 4th gear is something that will stick with me for the rest of my life.

This scares the shit out of me! haha
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #55
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Bombing in towards the wall in turn one @6700 rpms in 4th gear is something that will stick with me for the rest of my life.
Haha, good times~! Just remember to keep at least some maintenance throttle when you are ripping through T1. The moment you chicken out and lift before entering the turn will be the time when you spin out at near max speed. It goes without saying that you DO NOT want to spin at 200kph+ at the end of the front straight, especially when there are concrete barriers around you, and probably other cars following you as well..
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #56

I felt pretty comfortable through there, although I had to keep an eye on my tach and just maintain speed, or my car would lift off for me when I bang off the rev limiter lol.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #57
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:

3a/b was my favourite with the huge drop in. It felt similar to skating a steep bowl, but in a car.
wait until you try the ridge and the "ridge complex". you'll enjoy that if you liked 3a/b

HOWEVER, personally- ORP's rollercoaster is MUCH better. so you gotta try ORP at least once!
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #58
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
3a/b is amazing. 5a/b is fun but it sketches me out. My second track day ever I was thrown out with all the A&J S2K's and witnessed their grey one flip on 5a when it hit the curb(you cannot run those curbs there like you can at Mission) and landed on it's roof. Pretty hairy to see that as a noob at the time.

Personally, 1 and 2 are just awesome. So much speed through turn 1(remember no lift throttle oversteer) and a banked turn 2 then up over the burm and down to 3a/b. Definitely my favorite section.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #59
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

How strict is the 90db for these events?

I'm running catless on an evo 8, not sure how many db but its pretty loud at WOT.
dj.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #60
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,370 Times in 272 Posts
Pretty lax for 90db. I have never seen someone get cautioned for being too loud from all the ones that I have been to except at Mission. Best track in the PNW is still ORP I would say, you can check it out from my link in my signature. Too bad that it is 8 hrs away or I would be going there pretty often.
!Kodamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:37 PM   #61

I don't know whether to call Mission strict on noise or not, but I will tell you that at track days, a stock 911 GT2, GT3, and a lot of completely stock Ferraris could get called out for breaking the noise limit if the driver is having just a little too much fun. Organizers have to work with drivers to ensure that they comply with the 90dB noise limit.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:23 PM   #62
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I've seen cars get pulled at Mission. Like 4 or 5 times on different occasions. Never seen it at PR at all.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:13 PM   #63
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Anyone else feel it's a little ironic/inconsistent that open header cars doing burnouts and drag racing in the evening is acceptable but a stock supercar going around the track at noon can be 'too loud'? :flamesuiton:
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2014, 11:22 PM   #64

^^ As I understand it, the difference lies in how the sound is classified. The noise limits that governs track days and road racing are known as sustained noise, whereas those coming from the drag strip are probably considered as something along the lines of peak noise or short noise bursts. When you look at it that way, having a lower noise ceiling for track days and road racing make sense.

Unlike the US, we don't have nearly as much usable space in the middle of nowhere, so we are forced to deal with having our racing grounds in relatively close proximity with the rest of civilization. And when that occurs, lower noise ceilings invariably come into play. I'd much rather deal with and work around a low noise ceiling as opposed to not having a venue to play at all.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:31 AM   #65
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Personally if I'm standing at any one point on the track I don't hear the 'too loud' car for any more than a short burst. Different if every car in the run group is too loud but if it's one or two cars I'll hear them for 5 seconds per lap when they fly-by and that's about it.

I would actually consider Mission's location relatively far from residential areas and the fact that it's basically separated by fairly large trees helps a ton too, we don't have that luxury at the Pitt Meadows pad being an airport and all. I would also say that the time frame of track days usually fall within normal working hours (M-F;9-5) and that the nearest residential areas are much closer (and far less protected) to the noise pollution of the busy highways filled with commercial trucks during those hours that the track day noise is negligible. Again, in contrast with the pitt meadows pad location you're looking at much lower volume single-lane traffic especially on the weekends, autox noise is much more significant of an impact.

I'm not saying it should be a free-for-all but recognize where there should be a degree of discretion, and for the most part I'd also say that track day events have been pretty fair with noise control at Mission. We shouldn't wait for neighbours to complain in order to enforce rules but at the same time we shouldn't force ourselves to make it more than it is. Honestly it's not a big deal for me as I'll probably track at Mission maybe once more in the foreseeable future and both my cars are pretty tame noise-wise. Officially Mission Street Legals night which runs until 11PM has a 90db limit, a stock GT500 will probably go over that and they come a lot louder than that...
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:43 AM   #66
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quick Q; for VCMC autocross where does one enter the event? it's at the airport so i'm assuming you don't just cruise onto the runway?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #67
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Quick Q; for VCMC autocross where does one enter the event? it's at the airport so i'm assuming you don't just cruise onto the runway?
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Pit...63efba48ff9419

Enter here.

Reminder: DO NOT go over the 50km/h speed limit on Ford Road. If you do and get a ticket, you'll be banned from attending future VCMC/UBCSCC/PCA-CWR events.

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #68

^^ Yup, entrance is at the intersection of Ford Road and McTavish Road. The actual street address is 18200 Ford Road. You'll see a sign saying "JIBC Integrated Driving Training Center".

Also, the local clubs exchange information on banned drivers. So once you're banned from one club, you're banned by all the local clubs from attending their events. Serious stuff.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #69

Thanks for the info! Speed limit duly noted.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 05-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #70

Two other things, what do i need to bring? I don't have a helmet so i understand they lend those out? Also, is there anything i shouldn't bring? i.e i know for track days you have to remove floor marts etc...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 05-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #71

Keep your car cleaned out. Bring a backpack with lots of water and some snack like jerky or protein bars. Keep yourself hydrated and alert. I came in a clean car, took my spare, my jack and floormats out and had at her.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #72
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Yup no loose objects in the car and trunk. Make sure fluids are topped up but since your car is pretty knew you should be good. Won't hurt to check though. And also, run higher than spec tire pressures

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #73

Quote:
Keep your car cleaned out. Bring a backpack with lots of water and some snack like jerky or protein bars. Keep yourself hydrated and alert. I came in a clean car, took my spare, my jack and floormats out and had at her.
Awesome, thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Yup no loose objects in the car and trunk. Make sure fluids are topped up but since your car is pretty knew you should be good. Won't hurt to check though. And also, run higher than spec tire pressures
Thx!

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 05-31-2014, 09:10 PM   #74
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,179 Times in 301 Posts
anys tips or video on what line to take at the ridge???
boatcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:41 PM   #75

The ideal driving line will be vehicle and driver dependent. Your best bet is to do some searches on YouTube for these track videos, looking at cars that are similar to yours. But even then, driver preference (and obviously skill level) will also determine the ideal line that works best for you.
This post thanked by: