REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 05-20-2014, 01:49 AM   #1
Resident Bullshitter

Slow Local Area Network file transfer

I'm noticing that the speed of my LAN is extremely slow during file sharing. It was almost less than 1MB/s.

Here is my hardware setup
Router: Asus N56U
All computers are connected via Cat 6 Gigabit ethernet cable
All computers are running SSD
All computers running Win7 X64
Jumbo Frame enabled
Green Ethernet disabled
IPV6 disabled
Large Send Offload v2 disabled (as what most tutorials on the internet suggested)

Now, the transfer speed is up slightly (15-20MB/s) but still way far off than what my network is capable of. I remember I could reach way over 50-60MB back when running windows XP

Anyone else had similar issue? From what I've googled, it seems to be an ongoing issue within windows 7 and windows 8.
Advertisement
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
what firmware are you running?
perhaps try merlin's build
i haven't tried client to client
from reading around the AC56U's USB 3 HDD to PC will max out 30MB/s write and 60MB/s read...this is gigabit ports via Cat5e wires
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
Resident Bullshitter

I'm running the russian firmware https://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/

20-30MB/s seems reasonable, even on my USB3 SSD I could only get about 40MB/s read from a regular 7200RPM HDD. But right now, my transfer rate is hardly at 20-30MB/s, it will start off around 20MB/s then slow down to around 10MB/s, before disabling the LSO, the speed was even worst than my WAN speed! It was faster to re-download something off the internet than to copy it via the internal network
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote