REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #26
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
that sucks bro you were so close .. my friend said that if you go fast enough the cops won't even bother chasing you. I haven't tested it out but i think he was telling the truth (though he does a lot of coke now)
Advertisement
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #27
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that sucks bro you were so close .. my friend said that if you go fast enough the cops won't even bother chasing you. I haven't tested it out but i think he was telling the truth (though he does a lot of coke now)
Is your friend named Han?
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #28
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
I heard that you have to go over 200 for it to work. I'm gonna try that soon
MaaaadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #29
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
Is your friend named Han?
No his name is Raj and he drives a mustang
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #30
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
No his name is Raj and he drives a mustang

That explains it. BTW, someone should remind someone about "Air 1". It follows in straight lines, above you.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:52 PM   #31
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
That explains it. BTW, someone should remind someone about "Air 1". It follows in straight lines, above you.
straight line? bet they are jealous of mustangs that get sideways..

snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #32
RS Peace Officer

I've been in Jet Rangers and even Bell 47's that can pivot in their own length...without leaving tyre tracks. Bet your 5.0 can't beat that! )
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #33
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,118 Times in 161 Posts
U gon get a nice I'm pounding bill prob 500-1000. Ahahahahahahahahah I'm gonna thank him cuz I can't fail him
Jayboogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:43 PM   #34
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
what i want to know is, which city road even allows you to do anymore than 80...

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #35
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilley View Post
GG brah. I just got one today too. entering the free way too fast.

cop gave me a break doe. no points on mine, but still kinda shitty.
How the heck does that happen?

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #36
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
How the heck does that happen?
maybe the VT was written to the RO and not the driver.. but seems a bit fishy. Personally I would never give a driver that was speeding excessively a "break" of any kind.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #37
I subscribe to Revscene

No, I was wondering how you get an excessive charge for entering a freeway too fast.

Unless it's one of those goofy onramps where the previous speed limit is 50kph and the 90kph sign isn't for half a mile after the merge.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #38
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
maybe the VT was written to the RO and not the driver.. but seems a bit fishy. Personally I would never give a driver that was speeding excessively a "break" of any kind.
last time I checked 88 isnt excessive, and going 88 to merge? you think thats unreasonable?

Quote:
No, I was wondering how you get an excessive charge for entering a freeway too fast.

Unless it's one of those goofy onramps where the previous speed limit is 50kph and the 90kph sign isn't for half a mile after the merge.
and yeuuup, thats exactly what it is.

I asked where the sign was and the officer was like "you cant see it here but the sign is up there"

I actually didnt know what to reply, LOL. I literally .

took my ticket and left.

while I was waiting for my ticket, 3 other cars were pulled. none were excessive speed, just like me speeding up to merge.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #39
I subscribe to Revscene

Must be like this one here where you have over half a kilometer of concrete barrier protected onramp where you have to do 50kph before you have a short little merge section where you can speed up to 80kph.

http://goo.gl/maps/E4LrK

Or this bit here where it's downright scary to do 49Km/hr on the run up to the highway: http://goo.gl/maps/FrRNw

Maybe now that Saanich has pulled out of the Regional Crime Unit and VicPD is moving cold case officers to the Domestic Violence Unit, we can see a scale-back of the IRSU members who camp out in spots like these.

Then there's this on-ramp http://goo.gl/maps/bQ1rc

You have about 800 meters with two lanes merging together then into the freeway before you see a 90Km/hr sign.

Maybe Spidey can follow that onramp with Streetview and give me some indication as to why I should wait until the 90km/hr sign before speeding up. Unless of course IRSU wants more crashes to investigate...

This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #40
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Then there's this on-ramp http://goo.gl/maps/bQ1rc
Any of RS's local constabulary want to offer an opinion on where it's acceptable to speed up to 90 on this onramp?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #41
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilley View Post
last time I checked 88 isnt excessive, and going 88 to merge? you think thats unreasonable?

and yeuuup, thats exactly what it is.

I asked where the sign was and the officer was like "you cant see it here but the sign is up there"

I actually didnt know what to reply, LOL. I literally .

took my ticket and left.

while I was waiting for my ticket, 3 other cars were pulled. none were excessive speed, just like me speeding up to merge.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Your initial reply made it appear that you got an excessive ticket but "no points" You didn't exactly elaborate what your situation was... 88 can be excessive depending what the speed limit is.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #42
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Any of RS's local constabulary want to offer an opinion on where it's acceptable to speed up to 90 on this onramp?
I only ever go to Victoria for Royals games. Too much bullshit like this. Nanaimo and Duncan are more than enough to cover my shopping needs without all the bullshit traffic, bullshit parking tickets (been dinged with parking tickets TWICE for parking in my friend's driveway while we went to games ... Not worth taking a day off work to fight it since I make more in an hour than the ticket ... Not street, fucking driveway!), Malahat, lack of parking, and pretentious assholes Victoria has to offer.

When I go to Royals games, I pay the ridiculous parking rates across the street because it's cheaper than getting nailed with a ticket for parking in my friend's driveway a few blocks away.

Last edited by Jmac; 05-31-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:32 PM   #43
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
where/how do you go 112 in a 50 zone???
http://goo.gl/maps/dltLv

http://goo.gl/maps/RngwS

http://goo.gl/maps/9ZFww

http://goo.gl/maps/g4HxF

http://goo.gl/maps/sTExl

http://goo.gl/maps/Feife

http://goo.gl/maps/URi66 (any of the bridges really)

Albeit one or two of those are 70-80 limits, but it's not uncommon.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 05-31-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:57 PM   #44
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
I suspect this question won't be answered. I had this conversation a while back with Zulutango and no conclusion was reached.

As far as the law is concerned, you need to remain at the previous posted speed limit until you reach the sign for the new limit.

In my example above, that places merging traffic travelling at 50 KM/Hr only one undivided lane away from highway traffic travelling in a 90KM/hr speed zone.

Common sense on the part of the officer should prevail, but we've had people here report that they've received tickets for speeding up to merge speed too soon.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:38 AM   #45
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I only ever go to Victoria for Royals games. Too much bullshit like this. Nanaimo and Duncan are more than enough to cover my shopping needs without all the bullshit traffic, bullshit parking tickets (been dinged with parking tickets TWICE for parking in my friend's driveway while we went to games ... Not worth taking a day off work to fight it since I make more in an hour than the ticket ... Not street, fucking driveway!), Malahat, lack of parking, and pretentious assholes Victoria has to offer.

When I go to Royals games, I pay the ridiculous parking rates across the street because it's cheaper than getting nailed with a ticket for parking in my friend's driveway a few blocks away.
I sense that, just maybe, Victoria is NOT your favourite place on earth? Don't forget the old farts with their turn signals left on...and the Govt employees with their sense of entitlement that spills over into their lane-merging techniques.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #46
RS Veteran

Quote:
I suspect this question won't be answered. I had this conversation a while back with Zulutango and no conclusion was reached.

As far as the law is concerned, you need to remain at the previous posted speed limit until you reach the sign for the new limit.

In my example above, that places merging traffic travelling at 50 KM/Hr only one undivided lane away from highway traffic travelling in a 90KM/hr speed zone.

Common sense on the part of the officer should prevail, but we've had people here report that they've received tickets for speeding up to merge speed too soon.
You were the one that didn't think cops used their discretion, remember.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #47
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
You were the one that didn't think cops used their discretion, remember.
Having seen people get pulled over in the exact location I referenced, sometimes I wonder.

What exactly is the law here?

Old 06-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #48
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Hey OP, read up on this:

Driver Risk Premium

You'll likely have to pay $320 a year for the next 3 years. (Look under Excessive Speeding)

Just a heads up.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #49
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
50km/h zones are in the city 99.9% of the time, so i hate to say it OP, but you're an idiot. There's a time and place for driving quickly, in the city is the worst fucking one. If you got dinged for 122 in the artificially low 80km/h zone in hwy 1, i'd feel bad for you.

112 in a 50?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #50
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
For those of you questioning the ability to do 120 in a 50 don't forget that some roads can be dropped to 50 because of things that don't really have an effect all the time. IE here there's a road that's 4 lanes, poker straight and divided with either concrete or an extra lane the whole way and it's a 50 because there's a school on it (and there's a huge fence between the school and the road but w/e).

Drive down there at night and you might see a couple cars at best, so it's easy to see how someone could be going 120 down there. Hell I've done it when I was young and dumb, got the ticket and learned my lesson.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: