REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Las Vegas Exotic Driving Experience

I'm heading over Vegas next week.
I may check out Exotic racing or Red Rock Canyon exotic.
Just wondering if anyone had experience with them?

I have my eyes on the Red Rock Canyon package, 3 Exotics 30 miles for $499.
Or Exotic racing's one car 5 laps on pretty much any of the exotic for $399. The 2 car combo they offer are with GTR and CaymanS, which I'm not really interested.
What would you guys suggest? Budget is $500

Thanks in advance !
Advertisement
Pumbaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #2
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,393 Times in 5,088 Posts
My friend went on the Red Rock one for a company event a month ago when we were there, I wasn't part of the company thing so I couldn't go, but he was raving about it after... they were hitting well over 100mph following the pace car on the highways.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
I did the Exotics Racing expierence last year, when I was down in Vegas for my bachelor party.

It was awesome. So fucking awesome.

I also spent waaay too much there lol. Everything about that place is top notch. The highlight of my Vegas trip by a long shot.

5 laps is not enough. Fair warning. When I got there, they had a 'sale' on to add 2 more laps for pretty cheap. If they have a similar deal, jump on it.

I also sprung for the ride-a-long in the Corvette. Where a pro driver drifts your ass around the course. THAT was fun! I told my driver that if he could scare me, I'd give him a bigger tip. He grinned and 2 laps later I just about needed new boxers.

You can also sit in all the other cars that are there too, which was pretty cool.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Dream Racing.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #5
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I'm also very interested for Exotics racing this July. Was comparing between Exotics and Dream racing. Anyone been to both? What's the best deal?

I wanna try 2-3 cars, most likely the Aventador, 458, and maybe a C7 stingray for the hell of it. Budget something under $1k.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Think I might go for Exotics Racing when I'm in Vegas at the end of June. Now I just gotta decide on which car I want..
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
RS.net Licensed Sponsor Dealer

I did the gallardo. my family did mclaren and the 360 race car. great experience and good service. yes the extra 2 laps was enticing as well as $50 for the on board footage.
Autorice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:50 PM   #8
I am on the internets

wow.. now im going to vegas just for that. anyone got any media they took there to post?
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:58 PM   #9
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I've been to both Exotics Racing and Dream Racing. As others have mentioned, the experience is pricey but it's a complete blast.

Pros
+ Instructors will push you based on your comfort level and experience
+ You get to go fast in a closed environment
+ You can drive different exotics pretty much back to back and feel the differences
+ You can sit in and check out pretty much all of the cars
+ Some of the instructors are great (YMMV)

Cons
- Pricey
- Not much time on track (5 laps is over pretty quickly)
- You'll learn more at a dedicated all day track instruction or other similar event, but that's to be expected, as Exotics Racing and Dream Racing is focused more on the driving experience
- Instructors at Exotics Racing will ask you to shift early, rather than near redline

At both of these places, they give you some general tips in a classroom first (apex, braking zones, etc.). Exotics Racing then takes you on a discovery lap of the track; Dream Racing includes time in a "racing simulator"--sort of a Grand Turismo-type game that is a replica of the track (the simulator is not as good as the GT games, but you are in a full seat/steering wheel combo).

Exotics Racing is the bigger of the two, but Dream Racing's prices are a little cheaper--unless you combo a number of cars at Exotics Racing. Dream Racing also gives you snacks and drinks (non alcoholic) while Exotics Racing gives you water, and you can buy food from the food truck that is parked nearby.

My instructor at Dream Racing was really cool and helpful, so that played a role in my preference for Dream Racing.

I didn't try the World Class Driving, but that was because I figured I would prefer to drive on the track, even though the actual seat time would be far less.

Definitely a highlight of going to Vegas!

Lastly, a completely different experience is DirtFish Rally School, which is near Seattle. There, you drive Subaru STIs in low grip situations and they teach you how to slide about and so on. For that one, I did the one-day course--also pricey, but a total blast.
prolepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I did Exotics Racing a couple years ago. It was fucking awesome. We went early (9am) and just showed up instead of reserving. This way we could negotiate pricing. We ended up getting 7 laps each for under $500 as they are looking to fill spots. I took the Scud and my dad took to LP560-4. They even included the DVD video for free. Retail would have been about $800 had we reserved. Since I have some previous on-track experience the instructor let me redline and drive damn near 10/10ths. I even went off-track in one corner but they didn't sweat it at all. It was pretty cool and I would definitely do it again.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:49 AM   #11
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts
I drove the MP4-12C at Dream Racing for 7 laps. Goes by really quickly. Although I wished they gave me a bit more freedom in pushing the car a little more.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #12
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Did Exotics Racing with my bro 2 years ago.

It was good, fun, but yea, the 5 laps go by too quick. Drove the Gallardo and the 430. Liked the 430 more.

My first instructor was a bit of a jerk, so that really left a bad taste in my mouth. Will not be going back again.
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I did exotics racing as well. It was pretty much a year ago now.

I'm not gonna say highlight of my trip as there are a lot of... Fine establishments in Vegas...

But I certainly would not hesitate to recommend anyone.

EDIT: Oh and I also did not reserve and just showed up early. There wasn't much staff on, since it was an off season weekday. So our group of 5 each ended up doing our scouting laps and 7 extra laps.

Scouting lap was in a GTR or Cayman. Then we got our pick of the litter for the 2 other vehicles. I went 458 and MP4 (cause I had just watched the top gear on both the cars, and wanted to see myself). 458 was indeed better.

Total price was like 650 i think.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 05-26-2014 at 09:32 AM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote