REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #51
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

crack is the reason people are homeless
Advertisement
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #52
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Where there is a will, there is a way.

Take enough drugs and you lose your will.

You lose your will, you lose your way.

You lose your way and you end up on the streets.

Government can't give you the will, or the way.

Kev
Old 05-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #53
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,270 Times in 1,967 Posts
At the turn of the millennium, I was volunteering at soup kitchens where I would strike conversations with many of the people.

It was amazing how many of them said they used to be well off, have a family and were destroyed by drugs and / or mental issues.

When talking to some of them in deeper detail, I learned that most of the time that story was a front. A lie basically.

BUT

They use that story so they can feel SOMETHING in the world that did them so wrong. Even if the riches were in fact pennies in a cup and their spouse and children were just voices in their head, it didn't matter. Telling the story (that never changed) made them feel part of the world that the rest of us take for granted.

Homeless people are some of the wisest people I've ever spoken with.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #54
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Gastown Cowboy is homeless but he's one of the coolest guys I've chatted with

multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #55
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
It's definitely one thing to be young, broke or come from a bad family with little resources and support and turn to drugs that spirals out of control into addiction. In the big picture you're not supporting anyone and the biggest person you are hurting is yourself

To be relatively successful, have a family that needs your support and turn into a junkie is just pathetic and to get to the point where you lose everything before it finally hits you? Come on, feel terrible for the wife/kids in a situation like that, fucks up X amount of lives terribly versus the other scenario
Old 05-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #56
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

drugs
JordanLawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #57
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
They probably live downtown because it is close to their work so they don't need to own a car. Everything is in walking/bike distance. Why pay a monthly car payment + insurance + gas if you don't need to? Most people for those places usually only go home to their suite to shit shower shave and sleep, other than that, they're out doing something.
Ever heard of a bus, or a bike?
Lots of people get off the streets and end up back on them due to their inability to follow a schedule. The responsibility of a job, and having to be somewhere on time just doesn't interest them. Think about a life of waking up when you want, sleeping when you want, eating when you want, smoking crack when you want. Some people have the money to get off the street and don't even want to.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:22 PM   #58
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Kinda where I am coming from also.

I mean I understand its an addiction, but realistically, how feeble minded do you have to be that after starting a family and marrying someone that you turn to drugs and blow it all.

I mean he obviously must have known better, but his lack of ability to control himself was his own undoing. GG, better luck next time.
Homeless people are homeless because they wanna be homeless.

Plain and simple.

Obviously these people did not find much validation or appreciation in what their lives had, so they threw it all away (not including those with mental illness).
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #59
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Think about a life of waking up when you want, sleeping when you want, eating when you want, smoking crack when you want. Some people have the money to get off the street and don't even want to.

Welcome to my world!!!

Minus the crack, only did that once in Costa Rica
Old 06-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #60
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
what was that like?

C=Coke
C^1000
super coke rush

i think homeless in a warm place, where u have a routine to find food and shelter and a way to clean yourself would be semi ok.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 11-18-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #61
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
what was that like?

C=Coke
C^1000
super coke rush

i think homeless in a warm place, where u have a routine to find food and shelter and a way to clean yourself would be semi ok.

you'd just like... chill with your buddies all day, and do whatever. time isn't important. there are no long term goals. u just... u just are.

now being homeless and having no routine and being in a sub 25C temperature area would suck.

let's be homeless in hawaii for a month. we'll pretend, i'll keep my credit card on me. we'll just smoke weed and listen to hawaiian music all day.

shit i don't think u can buy weed with a credit card in hawaii. i gotta revise my plans.

i have a better plan now, let's just go hawaii for a month, we'll get a 5 star hotel and proper amenities... haha
this reminds me lol.. there was this show on national geographic i think called "my secret life" or something close to that.. anyways. this one millionaire who had a legit mansion kids wife etc etc, for fun would ride the rail ways in the US as a penniless hobo. guy went through garbage to find food and would be gone for weeks at a time. apparently the guy does this a couple of times a year.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #62
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
what was that like?

C=Coke
C^1000
super coke rush

When I smoked crack in Costa Rica it was at 3 AM during a thunderstorm, and I was doing the backstroke in a pool. I got what is known as a "ringer" where your ears ring and you literally feel like a god.

Time seemed to stop while in the pool, just floating on my back and enjoying the rush. The sky would light up with giant flashes of white, and the feeling in the moment was that my brain was controlling the sky. I could feel the next flash coming and it was like an orgasm of the soul when they occurred. Like I controlled the universe and everything was so awesome. Bats were swooping down and drinking from the pool, barely missing hitting me in the face but it didn't bother me that they came so close. In my mind everything was planned by me. As I tripped out more and more, I began to see myself as the face of the earth. No longer was I floating in a pool, I was the pilot of the entire planet, and I was flying us through a galactic patch of water and lightning. I began conducting the thunder to boom when I wanted it to, beings as that the world catered to me this beautiful window into my own reality, one where everything existed as a tribute to my precious ego. What I witnessed in front of me was God's Screensaver; a vista of night sky, palm trees, lightning, bats, rain, city lights accompanied by glorious songs of rain patter with thunderclap choruses!

Crack is so intense, but my experience was so wonderful. Probably not as fun when you're homeless in a piss-reeking alley rather than a tropical paradise.

I would never, ever, EVER do it again.

It's too stimulating. Why would you want reality?

Last edited by multicartual; 06-05-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #63
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
i am assuming that experience took place over the course of a handful of minutes?

"Flesh is a trap... and magic sets us free."

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 11-18-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #64
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
this reminds me lol.. there was this show on national geographic i think called "my secret life" or something close to that.. anyways. this one millionaire who had a legit mansion kids wife etc etc, for fun would ride the rail ways in the US as a penniless hobo. guy went through garbage to find food and would be gone for weeks at a time. apparently the guy does this a couple of times a year.
There is a similar documentary about a rapper that goes undercover on skidrow in LA with nothing and tries to survive

it was really well done and didn't hide anything here's a link to it Skid Row | SnagFilms but just a heads up to anyone that is going to watch there is some pretty graphic stuff in it and is uncensored
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote