REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

If that happened outside my house, and I saw cops getting shot and dropping I would grab my hunting rifle and put a few rounds through the guy. I know this is the internet and people talk tough, but I am serious... I would not hesitate.
Advertisement

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #27
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
If that happened outside my house, and I saw cops getting shot and dropping I would grab my hunting rifle and put a few rounds through the guy. I know this is the internet and people talk tough, but I am serious... I would not hesitate.
i was talking to another RS-er about this -- if I was in america and I had a clearshot and no one else was home at my house, sure. If I did the same thing in Canada, I'd probably be arrested ... then again in the heat of the moment its a split second decision and you can't weigh out your options like that
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #28
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
And be on the hook for murder? You'd be lucky if you weren't shot by the police after pulling a stunt like that. It's easy to imagine being the hero that lives to fight another day, but what's right and what is legal are two seperate things, regardless of whether you stop him from killing more people or not.

The only way that would be legal is if he entered your residence and threatened you with one of his firearms, you are then allowed to use an equal amount of force to stop him, but you will still be investigated after the fact. You will probably have your firearms license taken away along with your firearms, you fail your PAL if you show that you intend to use firearms for self defense.

I wish it weren't so, but it is.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 06-04-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
& have a GoPro Hero on the tip of your barrel Upload it up proof your innocent you were trying to save an officer.....Just joking.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #30
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Officers receiving fire from two separate locations, they'll start shooting back. Unless, you're on with the dispatch and they patch you through to the cops on the ground and they tell you to "take the shot" it's extremely dangerous to just take pot shots at an armed gunman without letting the authorities know who you are.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #31
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Unless your rifle is stored incorrectly by the time you put the pieces together the gunman would be long gone
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:49 PM   #32
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Unless your rifle is stored incorrectly by the time you put the pieces together the gunman would be long gone
People say this but I'm not that certain.

You have a(n unrestricted) rifle that is in a case (optional) and has a trigger lock. If it's a combination lock, both these steps takes less than 15 seconds to uncase and take the lock off. Then you have your ammunition that is stored separately and that takes another 15 seconds to retrieve provided it isn't locked up.

All you need to do is load and you're ready to go. Albeit you may not be in the room and so you would need to get there and get ready but realistically, I doubt that it would take that much time for you to get ready should you actually want to. It easily takes less than 5 mins from start to finish.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #33
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
People say this but I'm not that certain.

You have a(n unrestricted) rifle that is in a case (optional) and has a trigger lock. If it's a combination lock, both these steps takes less than 15 seconds to uncase and take the lock off. Then you have your ammunition that is stored separately and that takes another 15 seconds to retrieve provided it isn't locked up.

All you need to do is load and you're ready to go. Albeit you may not be in the room and so you would need to get there and get ready but realistically, I doubt that it would take that much time for you to get ready should you actually want to. It easily takes less than 5 mins from start to finish.
+1

You can have a restricted firearm(semi-auto pistol, AR-15, etc.) inside a safe without a trigger lock on it. You can also have loaded magazines in the same safe but they cannot be in the gun.

Therefore all you do is punch in the combo(digital keypad) on the safe, grab gun and magazines and you're ready to go.

With all that said it would be pretty dumb for you to try and take out a "perpetrator". The legal ramifications alone would be overwhelming for many.

start @ 2:28
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2014, 03:31 AM   #34
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
What we know

7:20 PM calls made to the RCMP concerning a male with guns in the woods in the Hildegarde area.
24-year-old Justin Bourque, of Moncton (pic)
Suspect's Facebook Page
Three RCMP officers killed, two wounded
As of 11:40pm (local) It's believed the shooter is now in the Pinehurst subdivision area of Moncton. Residents are being told to stay indoors.
RCMP and police services responding from Fredericton, Saint John, Shediac, Nova Scotia, etc. Military also rumored to be responding.
Moncton Hospital under "Code Orange" Lockdown
Many parts of the city under various states of lockdown- Traffic limited or stopped in most of the north end.
CTV is reporting at least one civilian injured

[OFFICIAL] Moncton Shooting Thread : moncton
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:24 AM   #35
HELP ME PLS!!!

So.. this guy is on the loose still..
Old 06-05-2014, 06:39 AM   #36
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Damn, thought they'd find this lunatic by now.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:19 AM   #37

Thanked 2,717 Times in 689 Posts
This is such terrible news. I got chills watching the video.

The police were clearly outgunned. 9mm's vs AR's at distance.

Does anyone have info on how the officers were shot? Were they ambushed or were they trying to negotiate with the gunman?

In regards to helping out the cops with your personal rifle, I wonder what the situation would be if you phoned 911 telling them you had a clear shot at the gunman. I wonder if they would patch you through to the commanding officer on the ground and if they would let you take the shot.

My heart is just broken for the families of the fallen officers.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:50 AM   #38
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
in a situation like that the police would not be allowed to say take the shot.. You take it anyways and you know you wouldn't get charged and would be considered a hero.

The main issue is being able to handle killing another human, most people wouldn't be able to handle that which is it really worth it in the long run?
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
in a situation like that the police would not be allowed to say take the shot.. You take it anyways and you know you wouldn't get charged and would be considered a hero.

The main issue is being able to handle killing another human, most people wouldn't be able to handle that which is it really worth it in the long run?
Yeah, I guess you're right. They can't just let civilians start opening fire as they don't know what time of training or skill they have. The cops themselves could put themselves in danger.

I never thought about the aftermath of killing someone, good point. =
Old 06-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
The police were clearly outgunned. 9mm's vs AR's at distance.
No AR, he might have been lucky with the first three officers, but now he's up against an arsenal he can't possibly hope to fight.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #41
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
No AR, he might have been lucky with the first three officers, but now he's up against an arsenal he can't possibly hope to fight.
And so right now he should be in hiding mode, probably in some friend's house. After this dies down in a few weeks he will just leave the town. I don't think RCMP is doing house searches yet.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #42
HELP ME PLS!!!

The guy probably didn't give them any warning at all. Just pointed and shot. They were fighting a lunatic, they probably didn't see it coming at all.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #43
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Looks like they might have found him

Police surround building in hunt for Moncton shooter: reports - The Globe and Mail
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:05 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
The guy probably didn't give them any warning at all. Just pointed and shot. They were fighting a lunatic, they probably didn't see it coming at all.
If you watch the first video, you can hear the guy in the house saying something like, he's going to shoot them (cops). Which makes it seem like there was some sort of confrontation.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #45
HELP ME PLS!!!

Seconds before they got shot....

Imagine if he had a 30 clip mag.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #46
G
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
Nothing found in that building or home.

He is still out there.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
i was talking to another RS-er about this -- if I was in america and I had a clearshot and no one else was home at my house, sure. If I did the same thing in Canada, I'd probably be arrested ... then again in the heat of the moment its a split second decision and you can't weigh out your options like that
I would be OK dealing with the consequences. Given the circumstances, I doubt anything would happen. There would likely be charges and a trial but no conviction. I have too many RCMP friends and ex police officer friends to just stand there and watch something like that happen.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #48
HELP ME PLS!!!

RS fund to send falcon to moncton to hunt this guy down.

"That’s when an unmarked police car rolled up and a plainclothes police officer stepped out. He was wearing a flak vest. Ms. Bernatchez said he kept turning around because he didn’t know the direction of the shooter. That’s when family members noticed a shadow growing larger between two houses next door.

“We knew it was the shooter right away,” she said. “We banged on the windows to let the officer know. We yelled ‘turn around.’ Then there was a shot. The officer went down. He got shot in the neck.”

Despite his mortal wound, the officer managed to squeeze off two shots from his handgun as he fell to the ground, according to Ms. Bernatchez.

“He was still trying to get that shooter, but as soon as he hit the ground, he stopped moving.”"

from Police surround building in hunt for Moncton shooter: reports - The Globe and Mail

Neighbors didn't even know who it was at first. In real life, these kinds of things are a shit show. It's not like CS where enemies are clearly identified. If you shoot. what's stopping the police from thinking your the gunman and getting yourself shot.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
I can take my bolt out of the safe, put it in my gun and load the magazine in less than 30 seconds.

Also, I would only consider this if all the cops were shot and lying there bleeding out. If they were there still active, taking shots or trying to talk the gunman down I wouldn't be stupid enough to do that. I'm strictly talking if they were shot, bleeding out... and no other cops in the vicinity and the gunman was advancing to say "finish the job" or whatever.

Last edited by falcon; 06-05-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
a 30 clip mag.
Say wot m8?

This post thanked by: