REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   4 shot at Seattle University: 1 dead; suspect arrested (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695770-4-shot-seattle-university-1-dead%3B-suspect-arrested.html)

Harvey Specter 06-05-2014 04:53 PM

4 shot at Seattle University: 1 dead; suspect arrested

Another shooting ...

Quote:

(CNN) -- A gunman opened fired Thursday at Seattle Pacific University, killing one person and wounding three before a student tackled him, Seattle police said.

The gunman was reloading a shotgun when the student, working as a building monitor, knocked him down, Police Capt. Chris Fowler told reporters.

"Once on the ground, other students jumped on top of them and subdued the shooter," he said.
Witness describes frantic scene

The suspect, whose identity was not immediately released, is in custody, police said.
SPU shooting witness: Heard two shots
4 injured in Seattle college shooting

The shooting began inside the foyer of Otto Miller Hall, which houses the university's science, math and engineering departments, when the gunman confronted three people and shot them, Fowler said.

A young man was declared dead at Harborview Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Leila Grey said.

A 20-year-old woman was undergoing surgery and listed in critical condition, she said. Two men, ages 24 and 22, were in satisfactory condition, she said.

Witness Briana Clarke told CNN she was in Otto Miller Hall when she heard two loud but muffled shots that sounded like "helium balloons popping."

"I thought it was another one of my professors that was giving a demonstration," she said.

"I walked into the hallway and saw a classmate of mine running frantically, saying that someone had been shot."

The school was locked down during the shooting, and the lockdown was lifted after police cleared all the buildings on the campus.

"I'm in my office with four students with the blinds closed. We're sitting on the floor with the door locked, very scared," university counselor Karen Altus told KOMO.

Seattle Pacific is a Christian university with a student population of 4,270. It is located in Seattle's Queen Anne neighborhood.

Hospital: 1 dead, 3 wounded in shooting at Seattle Pacific University - CNN.com

multicartual 06-05-2014 05:06 PM

As more and more people get disillusioned and disconnected from modern society this shit is just going to happen more and more often

Infiniti 06-05-2014 10:17 PM

^ We need an enlightenment Part II

411ken 06-05-2014 10:23 PM

The guy who made the initial tackle is a damn hero for this.. Things could've gotten way worse :(

Bouncing Bettys 06-05-2014 10:57 PM

You mean you don't need to be openly carrying guns in order to put an end to a public shooting? There must be some chagrin from some NRA members.

SupraTTturbo2jz 06-06-2014 12:43 AM

this world is going to shits, be prepared

hchang 06-07-2014 08:32 PM

Guy who tackled and pepper sprayed the shooter was getting married in two weeks.

Got all the items on his wedding registry bought.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrymple...bnews&s=mobile

StylinRed 06-07-2014 09:09 PM

a lady started a crowdfund to pay for his honeymoon and its up to $34,900.00

Jon and Kaylie Meis Honeymoon & future! by Jessamyn McIntyre - GoFundMe

but she says she doesn't know him so...

The_Situation 06-08-2014 08:49 AM

It's time for another plague

Yodamaster 06-08-2014 09:37 AM

That dude has balls of steel, running towards a shotgun..

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-08-2014 04:12 PM

it's what the military teaches you too. run toward the gunfire, fight back.