REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #26
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Like mentioned, be nice to them.

I got a ticket throw out when I was doing donuts in a car that was waiting to get a V.I. Officer wrote up the list of offences, including the V.I., but let me go with the parting words; "I want you to know that not all cops are dicks".
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

When traffic officers pull someone over, is it so hard to pull themselves closer to the curb rather than partially occupying 2 lanes?
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #28
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomes View Post
When traffic officers pull someone over, is it so hard to pull themselves closer to the curb rather than partially occupying 2 lanes?
Look a couple posts before you...

It's meant for as a barricade so the officers don't get hit
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #29
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Is it so hard for drivers to pull over to the right, when they see lights and sirens in their rear view mirror?

As Hchang said, it is done for a reason. Thank you for the useful and topic related post.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #30
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Sorry I fail miserably with reading comprehension
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2014, 03:54 AM   #31
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
It's called "off-setting your car". By partially blocking the lane it provides a relatively safer area to stand while you are dealing with the driver of the car. As the law requires you to slow down & move over anyway, this should not be a problem for drivers.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #32
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
When you see a police officer pulled over to the right, you're supposed to go as far to the left as possible and to slow down when passing the officer, so it shouldn't matter that the police cruiser is on the very left of the lane and maybe even partially blocking the next lane.

I believe that is the law. Regardless, I always slow down and give them as much space as possible. I know how nerve racking it is on the side of the road looking into a car while others are blowing by. I have to do this to buckle my kids into the car seat. (well, when I did when I had a car back then. Now I have a van and just hop in from the passenger side and buckle them both in from inside.)
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #33
RS Peace Officer

Above 80k, slow down to 70k and move over. Below 80k, slow down to 40K and move over. Do not target fixate on the car or Cop because you steer where you look. As someone who has had to jump out of the way to save my life (wearing vest, sometimes with flares and traffic cones and a marked car lit up), it sucks to be a target.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 PM   #34
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
When you see a police officer pulled over to the right, you're supposed to go as far to the left as possible and to slow down when passing the officer, so it shouldn't matter that the police cruiser is on the very left of the lane and maybe even partially blocking the next lane.

I believe that is the law. Regardless, I always slow down and give them as much space as possible. I know how nerve racking it is on the side of the road looking into a car while others are blowing by. I have to do this to buckle my kids into the car seat. (well, when I did when I had a car back then. Now I have a van and just hop in from the passenger side and buckle them both in from inside.)
If I'm driving on the highway and I see a car on the shoulder, I switch lanes to the left if it's safe to do so.

I don't know if any of you have been stuck on the side of the road but it sucks when a car blows by you..even if you pulled to the right side of the road (and into the grass sometimes)..
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2014, 05:17 AM   #35
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Sorry I fail miserably with reading comprehension

OK....we'll leave you "a Gnome' then...and not bother you

Last edited by zulutango; 06-17-2014 at 08:44 PM.