REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   25 cent McNuggets @Main St. McDonald's North Vancouver location ONLY (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695869-25-cent-mcnuggets-%40main-st-mcdonalds-north-vancouver-location-only.html)

willystyle 06-08-2014 03:33 PM

25 cent McNuggets @Main St. McDonald's North Vancouver location ONLY

So.. 20 nuggets for $5.. Saw it when I drove by..

And $1 Breakfast Burritos to celebrate the official opening of their dual lane drive thru system. Not sure when it ends.

FS1992EG 06-08-2014 03:47 PM

McDonalds shouldn't be called "fast food." All of their s product are made from chemicals, fillers and artificial flavors.

CRS 06-08-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FS1992EG (Post 8483882)
McDonalds shouldn't be called "fast food." All of their s product are made from chemicals, fillers and artificial flavors.

Don't give a fuck. Still eating it.

Must to be made with some chemicals called fucking delicious.

badboy 06-08-2014 04:07 PM

Looks pretty good to me.

Vale46Rossi 06-08-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

**^^ Beat me to it ***

evlee 06-08-2014 04:20 PM

I DONT CARE DEM NUGGETS ARE DAMN GOOD WITH HOT MUSTARD!!!!!!!:sweetjesus:

Mr.HappySilp 06-08-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

You think if you end at high end restaurant their food isn't fill with chemical? Wrong. Even the rice you purchase at supermarket have chemical or is treated with chemical, how else do you think they are all so white? Same with the Chinese Buns you get at Dim Sum place or T&T (those BBQ pork buns).

Gumby 06-08-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

The only part of your post I agree with is the "fast" part. Sometimes their service is ridiculously slow!

StylinRed 06-08-2014 05:01 PM

American McNuggets are made with pink goop etc

Canadian/Euro McNuggets aren't

fliptuner 06-08-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evlee (Post 8483895)
I DONT CARE DEM NUGGETS ARE DAMN GOOD WITH HOT MUSTARD!!!!!!!:sweetjesus:

Try mixing the hot mustard with a packet of honey :sweetjesus:

MG1 06-08-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8483928)

Honey mustard sauce

Wasabi mayo or better yet grey poupon and maple syrup.

StanleyR 06-08-2014 05:31 PM

Funny, nobody questions the quality of these chickens (farmed, garbage chickens that have never been allowed to see the light of day, or move around).Pumped up with anti-biotics, penicillin, and growth hormones :heckno:

For those of you who dont' care what you eat, right on brothers! Keep shovelin 'em back! keep putting all your hard-earned cash in McDonald's pockets!:woot2:

I Also like how both of those vids were sponsored by McDonalds...stay classy folks!:toot:

fliptuner 06-08-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8483941)
Honey mustard sauce

Wasabi mayo or better yet grey poupon and maple syrup.

Except the hot mustard has a bit of bite to it, so the addition of sweet honey just makes it better. So glad they got rid of honey mustard and brought it back.

Cillu 06-08-2014 07:37 PM

They brought back honey mustard?!

fliptuner 06-08-2014 08:09 PM

No, they got rid of honey mustard and brought back hot mustard

maksimizer 06-08-2014 08:11 PM

Il get you guys any kind of mustard you want

multicartual 06-08-2014 08:17 PM

GROSS

I only eat organic... try Fable in Kits, their chicken wings are better than any fake chicken nuggets. GROSS.

Fucking sick!!!

BrRsn 06-08-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyR (Post 8483944)
Funny, nobody questions the quality of these chickens (farmed, garbage chickens that have never been allowed to see the light of day, or move around).Pumped up with anti-biotics, penicillin, and growth hormones :heckno:

For those of you who dont' care what you eat, right on brothers! Keep shovelin 'em back! keep putting all your hard-earned cash in McDonald's pockets!:woot2:

I Also like how both of those vids were sponsored by McDonalds...stay classy folks!:toot:

Hey man, maybe you should look up the Canadian livestock laws. A lot of Canadians are fooled by everything they hear/are told by american media.

You ever wonder why milk/meat/poultry in Canada is so expensive? Each farmer is allowed a set amount of animals, and from those animals only a set amount of milk/eggs/meat/whatever can be produced, so there's no monetary gain to be made from overproducing or from injecting a ton of hormones like they do in America.

Chicken/meat raised with hormones has been illegal in Canada since the 1960s. The only allowed hormones are naturally occurring growth hormones and its strictly regulated by health Canada, and that occurs in all meat you buy in Canada -- not just McDonalds. As for the antibiotics, same deal -- all regulated and is done to all meat in Canada unless you're buying organic -- in which case, more power to you. Even with antibiotic use, they allow sufficient time for the animals to pass the antibiotics before slaughter, so you the consumer are getting little/no antibiotics from the meat.

tl;dr - McDonalds in Canada, which is where we live, uses the same quality of meat you would find in your grocery store unless you buy organic

Fuck, since when did it come cool to shit on every thread with a mention of McDonalds? I get it, you follow some hipster crossfit chick on instagram who only eats vegan grass fed meat that was allowed to die of sadness and not slaughter .. great ... stop shitting on mcdonalds threads with your useless 'facts'. The reason most people feel shitty after eating McDonalds is because most of us have no self control and when a burger is $2, gorging ensues, then you wonder why you feel shitty

Soundy 06-08-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8483928)

Dip in the sweet & sour, then dip in the hot mustard.

:suspicious: :concentrate: :accepted: :sweetjesus: :megusta: :notbad: :thumbs:

distanc3 06-08-2014 09:26 PM

anyone know if this is still on?

Ch28 06-08-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 8484055)
Hey man, maybe you should look up the Canadian livestock laws. A lot of Canadians are fooled by everything they hear/are told by american media.

You ever wonder why milk/meat/poultry in Canada is so expensive? Each farmer is allowed a set amount of animals, and from those animals only a set amount of milk/eggs/meat/whatever can be produced, so there's no monetary gain to be made from overproducing or from injecting a ton of hormones like they do in America.

Chicken/meat raised with hormones has been illegal in Canada since the 1960s. The only allowed hormones are naturally occurring growth hormones and its strictly regulated by health Canada, and that occurs in all meat you buy in Canada -- not just McDonalds. As for the antibiotics, same deal -- all regulated and is done to all meat in Canada unless you're buying organic -- in which case, more power to you. Even with antibiotic use, they allow sufficient time for the animals to pass the antibiotics before slaughter, so you the consumer are getting little/no antibiotics from the meat.

tl;dr - McDonalds in Canada, which is where we live, uses the same quality of meat you would find in your grocery store unless you buy organic

Fuck, since when did it come cool to shit on every thread with a mention of McDonalds? I get it, you follow some hipster crossfit chick on instagram who only eats vegan grass fed meat that was allowed to die of sadness and not slaughter .. great ... stop shitting on mcdonalds threads with your useless 'facts'. The reason most people feel shitty after eating McDonalds is because most of us have no self control and when a burger is $2, gorging ensues, then you wonder why you feel shitty

http://i.imgur.com/JwHeh3I.gif

willystyle 06-08-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distanc3 (Post 8484070)
anyone know if this is still on?

Call and ask? It's a 24 hour location.

fliptuner 06-08-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8484031)
I only eat organic...

Your fat neighbor is vegan? :troll:

multicartual 06-08-2014 09:55 PM

Real hipsters only eat organic after consuming drugs from street pharmacists

GS8 06-08-2014 10:14 PM

I'd rather stuff my face with McDs with a Liter of Root Beer and not give a shit :ifyouknow: than eat Quinoa with Coconut Water and brag about how 'healthy' I am :fuckthatshit:

The difference is the latter tends to criticize the former for being 'sheep' by corralling themselves into a McD's lineup all the while they stuff their face with trendy foods because some 'expert' suggested it.

Who really are the sheep?