REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #26
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,686 Posts
bcrdukes is spot on with his comments about life in Vegas outside of the strip and downtown area.

Las Vegas, or the entire Nevada state, has one of the worst crime rates in America (car theft, armed robbery, aggravated assault):

Which States Have the Highest Crime Rates

One of my relatives has a brother who works as a nurse in a Vegas hospital.

Guess what is the most common type of patient cases that you would see in the emergency room?

Gunshot wounds to patients almost every day.

Stay out of the Vegas suburbs!
Advertisement

Last edited by pastarocket; 06-09-2014 at 01:58 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Who gives a flying fuck who they were. The scuma re dead, let them rot. I said this in the Moncton thread and I'll say it here, never remember the shooters name, only the fallen.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #28
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
They didn't even release the victims names until the day after he was caught. Not gonna happen in these days of media, the shooter will always get the coverage.

Everyone remembers the faces or names of the shooter, you remember one face or name of the boston bombings or the kids from the elementary school? No because media just glosses over that shit
Old 06-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #29
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
^ as sad as this sounds, people dig negative stuff. thats the juicy entertaining stuff. who would read or watch the media when its all happy and dandy.

in other news, a rainbow is occurring in Italy right now. next up, a man helps a cat and her kittens cross the street.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
^ as sad as this sounds, people dig negative stuff. thats the juicy entertaining stuff. who would read or watch the media when its all happy and dandy.

in other news, a rainbow is occurring in Italy right now. next up, a man helps a cat and her kittens cross the street.

The news is mostly useless bullshit irrelevant to 99% of our lives that is used to beam depression and propaganda directly into your brain; controlling who you vote for and what to spend money on.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:36 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
They didn't even release the victims names until the day after he was caught. Not gonna happen in these days of media, the shooter will always get the coverage.

Everyone remembers the faces or names of the shooter, you remember one face or name of the boston bombings or the kids from the elementary school? No because media just glosses over that shit
Probably because stupid people go jumping on the shooters facebook page and shit. If people would ignore the media that choose to focus on the shooters/bombers/whatevers then the media would stop focusing on them and the people who do things like this for the attention and fame would have no reason to do it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #32
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
Media basically only reports the fucked up/scary/bias news so it's a huge long shot, but If they all got together and agreed to not report a shooters name it probably would have an effect, although social media would probably ruin any sort of agreement like that
Old 06-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #33
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
The shooters and videos of their road trip to Vegas are on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/10/justic...egas-shooting/

They were part of the group of Militia protecting Bundy and his farm but were kicked out of the group because they were too crazy

youtube 'Jerad Miller' for a bunch of his videos....here's one

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
bcrdukes is spot on with his comments about life in Vegas outside of the strip and downtown area.
Las Vegas, or the entire Nevada state, has one of the worst crime rates in America (car theft, armed robbery, aggravated assault):

Which States Have the Highest Crime Rates
I knew DC was bad.... but wow

Last edited by StylinRed; 06-10-2014 at 12:44 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Media basically only reports the fucked up/scary/bias news so it's a huge long shot, but If they all got together and agreed to not report a shooters name it probably would have an effect, although social media would probably ruin any sort of agreement like that
They've done it once, when John Lennon was killed. The guy did it just to be famous for being the guy that killed John Lennon, so he got a collective "fuck you" and nobody reported his name.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Who gives a flying fuck who they were. The scuma re dead, let them rot. I said this in the Moncton thread and I'll say it here, never remember the shooters name, only the fallen.
you have to know who they were and what they were about...without knowing you wouldn't be able to watch for, understand why, and ultimately prevent these things from happening in the future

to simply close your eyes and keep on trucking is idiotic
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #36
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Gun's don't kill people, stupid people with guns do!!

Thus, you make strict gun laws that help prevent stupid people from accessing them.

Weird how the majority of Americans prefer stricter gun laws, yet nothing has changed.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
you have to know who they were and what they were about...without knowing you wouldn't be able to watch for, understand why, and ultimately prevent these things from happening in the future

to simply close your eyes and keep on trucking is idiotic
I'm not closing my eyes you idiot, I'm raising a middle finger to cowards like these and focusing on the victims.

I have to know? I'm not an expert on human psyche or behaviour, so I don't need to know shit, leave that to experts who understand such things not the general public. And even then, you can understand "why" without knowing the specifics of the "who". If you want to prevent people from killing just to be famous or draw attention to some bs cause then we need to stop giving attention to those that do this.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #38

right again... lets close our eyes to the issue and hope someone else is dealing with it... that sort of thought perpetuates a lot of the worlds problems because people choose to ignore it and come up with some lame reasoning as to why they don't give a damn

i can understand not wanting to give a pedestal to a criminal but researching them isn't the same thing
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #39

Researching them? To what end? What possible insight can the general public provide? None whatsoever, the best keyboard superstars are going to do is give these scum exactly what they wanted, attention. Just because you want something to be done doesn't mean you should jump in and do it yourself, you should be pushing for experts in such fields to be looking into these questions.

By all means if you do want to learn from it then do so, but you can do so without their name or the name of their cause receiving attention.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #40

"what possible insight can the general public provide?" a plethora, and past cases have shown this...that was really odd to suggest none whatsoever.
To assume none whatsoever is just another lame attempt at supporting the 'i don't give a damn' mindset.

Also evidence, witnesses, and victims have come forward due to suspects and their lives being disseminated in the public eye.

And like you say so yourself the public should be 'pushing for experts in such fields to be looking into these questions' without attention of these cases and the suspects in the public eye the public wouldn't even be compelled to call for action/change
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #41
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
the true victims are the ones that become these "monsters".

they're a byproduct of their environment, a by product of us. we made them. they didn't just come outta no where.

cause and effect... we are the cause, they are the effect.

think of it like cancer.... instead of weeping over the cells cancer consumes... we should be focusing on why this cancer even exists... where it came from... why it came out.

not concentrating on how we can fight and manipulate the cancer... but how we can prevent more from appearing.

treat the body like shit, and cancer will always rear its ugly head. There's something wrong with society, and we're looking the wrong way.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 06-11-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
"what possible insight can the general public provide?" a plethora, and past cases have shown this...that was really odd to suggest none whatsoever.
To assume none whatsoever is just another lame attempt at supporting the 'i don't give a damn' mindset.

Also evidence, witnesses, and victims have come forward due to suspects and their lives being disseminated in the public eye.

And like you say so yourself the public should be 'pushing for experts in such fields to be looking into these questions' without attention of these cases and the suspects in the public eye the public wouldn't even be compelled to call for action/change
A few people (local to the event might I add) out of millions is pretty damn close to none. Also stop assuming you know the mindset I have, because you're not even fucking close.

Bear in mind that you can bring attention to the case without giving attention to the attackers or their cause, you seem to be having a lot of difficulty understanding that.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
A few people (local to the event might I add) out of millions is pretty damn close to none. Also stop assuming you know the mindset I have, because you're not even fucking close.
oh im sorry i dont mean to accuse you of not giving a fuck directly (i didnt think i did) im speaking in general when people cry about not wanting to hear about a case or the suspects, if that's not how you feel great.

Quote:
Bear in mind that you can bring attention to the case without giving attention to the attackers or their cause, you seem to be having a lot of difficulty understanding that.
any attention to a case will bring attention to the attackers or their cause that's something you'll have to accept.
i'm saying all attention or research into the suspects that a person/media gives shouldn't and isn't a soapbox for the suspects purpose and has its own uses (unless the listener wants it to be a soapbox)
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #44
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
IMHO both of you need to stop arguing... since you're both right in a sense. It's always beneficial to know "why" someone snapped and committed some horrible act, but the media always seems to take it too far by over-reporting every single minute detail of the killer(s) life. Not to mention all the keyboard warriors online who theorize every little thing simply for the sake of doing so. Even worse are the "1 like = 1 respect" morons who are somehow able to whittle down a catastrophic event where innocent people die into some kind of sick contest for meaningless "likes" on the Internet.

Personally, it is what it is... the media is driven by attention. They wouldn't print these horrific stories over and over and over again if the consumers didn't eat it up every single time. IMO, we, as a society need to focus on the positive and understand reasons for the negative, instead of the other way around as it is now.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #45
Banned (ABWS)

30 dead in chicago from gun shots over the weekend in a gun free city, yet do you see it being hyped? Heck no
Nomomo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #46
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomomo View Post
30 dead in chicago from gun shots over the weekend in a gun free city, yet do you see it being hyped? Heck no
Poor and black neighborhoods. Media does not care.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #47
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
its 30 shootings, only a few died
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

Point is guns are banned in Chicago and bans don't work.
I don't think anyone on Hastings and main have any problems getting heroine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
its 30 shootings, only a few died
Nomomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

Hyped? Depends...

What kind of music do those people listen to?
Old 06-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #50
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I don't think anyone on Hastings and main have any problems getting heroine.

You should come check out the scene on a welfare Wednesday, it is fucking insane.

Then come back on a Black Eye Friday(Friday immediately after welfare Wednesday)and see how many people actually have black eyes and look beat up as dealers came to collect debts!
This post thanked by: