REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Las Vegas shooting 5 dead (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695871-las-vegas-shooting-5-dead.html)

StylinRed 06-08-2014 05:39 PM

Las Vegas shooting 5 dead

:suspicious: another one

okay so a male and female shoot at 2 officers having lunch and kill them then go into a walmart next door and kill another person

the female shooter then shoots her male companion, killing him, and she then commits suicide

BBC News - Five dead in Las Vegas shootings

Quote:

Five dead in Las Vegas shootings

Two people have shot and killed two police officers in the US city of Las Vegas, before killing another person and then shooting themselves.

The incident began in a pizza cafe at 11:30 (18:30 GMT) on Sunday, when a man and a woman shot at the two officers who were having lunch.

They then entered a Walmart shop nearby and shot one person dead, before committing suicide.

Police say there are no other suspects in the shooting.

'Tragic day'
The woman shot her male companion before turning the gun on herself, Sheriff Doug Gillespie of the Las Vegas Metro Police Department said at a news conference.

There was no obvious motive for the shootings.

However, eyewitnesses said the attackers shouted "This is a revolution" as they entered Cici Pizza and shot the police officers.

"I think in any case where people are ambushed and shot is upsetting to the public," police spokesman Larry Hadfield told the Associated Press.

"We don't know anything about the suspects yet and are trying to learn more."

Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval later said he was devastated by the murders of the two police officers - Alyn Beck, 42, and Igor Soldo, 32 - and an innocent bystander.

One of the officers reportedly managed to return fire in the cafe, and there was a further exchange of fire between police and the suspects in Walmart.

"It's a tragic day," Sheriff Gillespie said.

"We have a community to protect, we will do it with our heads held high."

JSALES 06-08-2014 05:47 PM

Another one? Good job America. RIP to the officers.

EmperorIS 06-08-2014 05:55 PM

Can't let Canada beat them at their own game.

murd0c 06-08-2014 06:08 PM

Gun's don't kill people, stupid people with guns do!!

Manic! 06-08-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

The attackers then headed to a nearby Walmart store, exchanging gunfire with and ultimately killing a civilian who was carrying a concealed weapon.
What does the NRA say about good guys with guns?

also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Mall_shooting

Quote:

During the course of the shooting, Brendan (Dan) McKown, a legally armed citizen, intervened. McKown drew his 9mm CZ pistol and verbally commanded Maldonado to put down his gun. Maldonado's response was to fire on McKown, striking him once in the leg and four times in the torso, damaging McKown's spine and leaving him paralyzed. In addition to McKown, five other people were shot but not seriously injured, and a seventh person received a non-gunshot injury. At least one other person in the mall at the time also pulled a gun on Maldonado, but did not fire for fear of hitting innocent bystanders.[1]

Mr.Money 06-08-2014 06:22 PM

^^^....the difference between a cold hearted trained killer & your uncle Bob with only thing shooting was a non-moving target on the range.

in other words.....somebody who doesn't give a shit if he dies & Somebody under pressure about to fold.
it's like throwing girl scouts in the iraq war.

multicartual 06-08-2014 06:42 PM

Damn, is it inevitable for these mass shootings to happen daily?

bcrdukes 06-08-2014 06:44 PM

Las Vegas isn't as pretty as the city makes it out to be. It's a very sad place, riddled with poverty, crime, mental illness, and unemployment.

Take a stroll beyond The Strip and Downtown Las Vegas. It's a scary place.

multicartual 06-08-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8483991)
Take a stroll beyond The Strip and Downtown Las Vegas.

Haha why would you want to?!

Nicotine 06-08-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Las Vegas isn't as pretty as the city makes it out to be. It's a very sad place, riddled with poverty, crime, mental illness, and unemployment.

same thing can be said about any city.
even vancouver

bcrdukes 06-08-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicotine (Post 8483998)
same thing can be said about any city.
even vancouver

I don't think you understand. Anyone can make a general and blanket statement upon any city. It's really easy. And I agree, Vancouver definitely has it's problems.

The difference is the problem in Las Vegas is entirely different and a whole different ball park. People who need or want help don't really have the resources available to them.

HonestTea 06-08-2014 07:26 PM

Holy fuck!

Another one?!

tiger_handheld 06-08-2014 07:32 PM

Think the "revolution" is related to Moncton?

kiwee 06-08-2014 08:09 PM

An hour ago in Vancouver

Female shot multiple times at gas station on East Hastings & Vernon Drive

Hondaracer 06-08-2014 08:25 PM

"controlling" 300 million guns dont work

Akinari 06-08-2014 08:31 PM

Man I turn on the news and read the newspapers it's like shooting after shooting after shooting :okay:

evlee 06-08-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

i have a relative who works at a hotel there, good pay and killer tip $$$. he lives 10 mins away from the strip and the neighbourhood he lives in reminds me of a walk thru walley ring road.

multicartual 06-08-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akinari (Post 8484041)
Man I turn on the news and read the newspapers it's like shooting after shooting after shooting :okay:

Modern life is like paradise or hell for most people

Hmmm sounds better when I write "Modern life; paradise for a few, hell for many!"

Manic! 06-08-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8484037)
"controlling" 300 million guns dont work

Neither does thinking a gun will keep you and the ones around you safe.

knight604 06-08-2014 09:15 PM

Las vegas is bad if you arent on the strip... so bad.

320icar 06-08-2014 09:28 PM

I'm in Vegas next weekend...sigh...

fliptuner 06-08-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

I have a habit of checking out places where the locals hang out, whenever I travel. Off the strip and tourist areas, Vegas is pretty dismal.

Special K 06-08-2014 11:06 PM

I agree with bcrdukes and everyone else who share the same.

Las Vegas outside the strip is very scary. We rented a car and went to Walmart just 5-10 kms outside the strip. It's definitely a different experience. And it's not a welcoming one.

multicartual 06-08-2014 11:26 PM

It's not that scary guys

Scary is buying blow in the middle of the night in San Jose, Costa Rica with gunfire going off randomly all around you

hahaha

CharlesInCharge 06-09-2014 12:26 PM

The Veges shooters
Jerad Miller: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | HEAVY
https://www.facebook.com/jerad.miller.1/photos

Someone knew them in the following forum
Breaking, mass shootin:las vegas wal mart