REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 06-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

NHL 15

First game play trailer came out at E3 today

Advertisement
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #2

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
inb4 its a recycled version of the year before...

..and the year before that...

...and the year before--

yeah you get the point
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
inb4 you actually watch the video or actually look up the features they've added in NHL15.

Quote:
12 PLAYER NHL COLLISION PHYSICS
For the first time in any sports game, real-world physics affects every player through every on-ice collision with the new 12 Player NHL ® Collision Physics. Utilizing the power of the next generation consoles, and building off the critically-acclaimed NHL Collision Physics system, every player on the ice is governed by physics at all times. Feel the hard-hitting chaos of NHL hockey through true-to-life secondary collisions, net scrambles and player pileups, capturing the desperation of every shift.

REAL PUCK PHYSICS
The puck is one of the most complex items in the game to authentically replicate and it finally gets its due in NHL 15. Completely rebuilt puck physics result in a more realistic feel to every puck interaction. Everything on the ice, including the ice surface itself, is live which leads to the unpredictable and authentic puck spins, rolls and bounces seen in a real NHL game.

AUTHENTIC PLAYER & EQUIPMENT MODELS
The Next Generation Hockey Player has been rebuilt from the ice up. Now player models have three distinct layers - the body, equipment, and jersey. Each layer interacts independently, making every contact with the puck or other players even more realistic. Dynamic Cloth technology adds an extra layer of realism as it reacts to the player’s movement as they explode up the ice, helping bring the speed of the game to life.

UNPRECEDENTED PLAYER LIKENESS
Powered by the same technology that brought the most realistic representation of the athlete to EA SPORTS UFC, NHL 15 delivers groundbreaking player likeness, emotion and animation. From the strides a player takes to get up the ice to the emotion on their face after scoring a game winning goal, the players are as real as they’ve ever been.

SUPERSTAR SKILL STICK
Now all the tools of an NHL superstar are in your hands. The revolutionary Skill Stick has evolved to give even more control to the player. Protect the puck, receive passes without breaking stride, and discover an arsenal of sweet new dekes, all with an intuitive right stick control scheme that is easy to use but packed with depth.

AUTHENTIC ARENAS
There is no feeling like being there, and we are giving you the best seats in the house. The power of the next-gen consoles finally allows the NHL franchise to capture every detail of an NHL arena. Unique arena elements from 19,000+ seat capacities to lighting and player entrance tunnels are captured with a level of detail not possible on the previous generation. Now those home games will truly feel like home.

NEW COMMENTARY TEAM
New voices for a new generation. NHL 15 welcomes the NBC Sports commentary team of Mike 'Doc' Emrick and Eddie Olczyk to the broadcast booth. TSN analyst Ray Ferraro will provide game insights at ice level. Combined with Real Life Broadcast Integration that will feature real-world pre-game video commentary with Doc and Eddie set against in-game visuals, NHL 15 takes a revolutionary step forward in sports videogames; where the lines between the real world of sport broadcast and the game are blurred.

NBC SPORTS GAME DAY PRESENTATION
The most realistic broadcast package in a video game to-date is possible because of a new partnership with NBC Sports. Set the scene with the NHL on NBC crew welcoming you to the city during the game intros and immerse yourself in an experience that matches what you see on television with NHL on NBC graphics and branding.

LIVING CROWDS
NHL 15 sets a new standard in videogames with over 9,000 individual crowd models with 4x the animations of previous generations. Take a look through the glass and you’ll see fans hold up signs with your name on them, costume wearing superfans, or even sections full of team rivals rooting against you. Feel their behavior change after dropping the gloves, landing a big hit, or scoring a clutch goal. The crowd is alive.

VISION AI
An elevated level of player intelligence, Vision AI features evolved awareness with players reading and reacting to potential plays. Scoring area recognition, pass anticipation, and enhanced team breakouts all improve the flow of the game.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
That was such a shitty trailer. Those are like CGI cutscenes. I want to see actual gameplay.

I wonder how many bugs will be in this one since it's a new engine. I remember when NHL07 first came out for the X360, there was an easy to replicate wrister that went in like 80% of the time.

Also, I wonder if last generation consoles are getting the same update and can play with the new generation consoles.. I don't want to buy a new $500 console just to play one game.

Ah, I miss the good old days of playing NHL in high school and pwning noobs.. Was always ranked in the Top 50s from 09-11 (shameless brag).
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 06-09-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
inb4 you actually watch the video or actually look up the features they've added in NHL15.
I did watch the video and it looks like last years version. That's the thing with EA. They always add 1 or 2 "new features" and when you actually play the game--you realize its just a recycled version of last years version.

That's just my opinion lol
Old 06-10-2014, 05:09 AM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
I did watch the video and it looks like last years version. That's the thing with EA. They always add 1 or 2 "new features" and when you actually play the game--you realize its just a recycled version of last years version.

That's just my opinion lol
It's true but they've gotten my money every single year since the original came out for the Genesis in 1991. I remember begging my mom to buy me a Genesis just so I could play, I've bought every single year since. The same goes for Madden, it's the two games I look forward to every year if for nothing more then the roster update.

Now I buy them for my son so he can play........well maybe I play a little as well.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Thank God Gary Thorne got the boot...Although the NBC coverage was hit and miss, at least it's something with Ray Ferraro running analysis.

Last edited by CorneringArtist; 06-10-2014 at 06:25 PM.
CorneringArtist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #8

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
You sound very naive. In NHL 13, some of the features they advertised during the summer weren't even in the game in September and some more were removed completely by mid-October (funnily enough, they're still mentioned in the tutorial even after the patches).

Every year they pull the same shit. Hopefully this year is different, but I'll assume it's not until EA proves otherwise.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Just jizzed
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #10

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Gonna sound salty here. But, if you think it's the same every year go play NHL 09 then play 14 again. If you play enough these changes actually feel quite significant. Not sure what people expect, different dimensions for the rink or hills and pits and traps? wtf
Old 06-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
Gonna sound salty here. But, if you think it's the same every year go play NHL 09 then play 14 again.
You're comparing a game from 5 years ago to the most recent one. Well no shit its going to be a different game.

Hell even in NHL 09, it was a recycled version of 08 and 07.

I've played NHL 09 PC with updated mods and it boggles my mind how these unpaid internet guys can come up with more realistic features/gameplay than the EA guys who get PAID and decide to release basically last years version of the game
Old 06-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #12

^
I get it, I just don't know what people expect when one comes out every year. I think it would be better if they just do roster updates with DLC and skip every second year and come refreshed every two years, but that will never happen.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #13
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I alternate FIFA and NHL every year so I see the updates every 2 years or so. Even at this interval the changes are noticeable but minor.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

#1 - I hope they get rid of that awful one touch deking system. Should be more difficult to deke, not easier..

#2 - I hope they bring back the virgin gaming challenge. Being mainly a VS player I wanna win some monnnaaayyyyyyy. Disappointed they didn't have it this year
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #15
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Demo is out

and those new puck physics are AWESOME
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Demo is out

and those new puck physics are AWESOME
Can't wait to experience those physics in EASHL and GMC on PS4 ...
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #17

What's everyones plan for 15?

360/PS3 or XB1/PS4?
Old 08-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #18

No plan for 15.

Wait for 16 or whenever the fuck they bring back EASHL.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS

getting it on PS4 but not nearly as excited since they took out EASHL....any idea as to why they took it out? Or will there be an update/pay extra to download it?
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
getting it on PS4 but not nearly as excited since they took out EASHL....any idea as to why they took it out? Or will there be an update/pay extra to download it?
Rumour is because they were unable to get 6 vs 6 networking issues fixed.

Online Team Play (up to 6 vs 6 with real teams) will be patched in later.

EASHL won't be in at all this year.

GM Connected looks to be scrapped altogether.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #21

I see so were buying a game with less features then the previous year for the same price...Yeah I know noone is holding a gun to my head and saying I have to buy the game but still...shit like this doesn't make sense. With how EA does this the game will most likely be like the previous with a little bit better visuals here and there plus adding more so called "engines"
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #22
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Are they runnkng this at 720p on the ps4 version?
striderblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos_skeeto View Post
I alternate FIFA and NHL every year so I see the updates every 2 years or so. Even at this interval the changes are noticeable but minor.
Lol. EA takes my money for both games each year -- them damn ultimate team modes too addicting.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

Online Team Play (up to 6 vs 6 with real teams) will be patched in later.
I don't understand how they never got this in the game. It's already been in since nhl 09..

EA needs to fire the NHL devs and hire the FIFA ones
Old 08-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #25

I wish the NHL games sold well so they'd put more resources into the series. So much potential for hockey games, imo.