REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   "Video game players call police after seeing robbery at Tempe apartment" (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695893-video-game-players-call-police-after-seeing-robbery-tempe-apartment.html)

Bahhbeehhaaaa 06-09-2014 04:05 PM

"Video game players call police after seeing robbery at Tempe apartment"

Quote:

TEMPE, Ariz. - Video gamers across the world came to the aid of a fellow gamer who was being raided by an armed gunman.

Their calls to 9-1-1 helped police capture at least one of the suspects at a valley apartment complex.

Tempe Police say that one of the two suspects is still on the loose, but the pair they targeted is okay, thanks to online gamers.

Early Monday morning the online battle known as Defense of the Ancient's became a real battle for gamers playing a Tempe woman known online as Sajaden.

Her live on-line game cam showed Sejaden being startled as two home invaders broke into her apartment.

The suspects were unaware of the woman's online live camera and started rifling through the apartment stealing guns.

Meanwhile around the on-line gaming community and around the world gamers mounted the alarm and took action.

"The person that made the original call was in Europe, they called someone here in the United States. That person then called the Tempe Police Department," said Lieutenant Mike Pooley with the Tempe Police Department.

"I wasn't actually there, I have a friend that streams video games online through a webcam, and I had a bunch of people tell me that someone came in with a gun, and it looks like they were robbing them," said a 911 caller.

Tempe Police got the apartment in time to catch one of the two suspects. Sajadene and her roommate are okay.

Officers say this was a world-wide effort which isn't easy to explain to a 9-1-1 dispatcher who asked the caller from Chandler where he got the original tip from.

"He uh, doesn't live in the country... he lives somewhere in Europe, I don't remember the country exactly," said the caller.

Detectives identified the suspect in the home invasion as 27 year-old Edgardo Martinez. The second suspect who fled the apartment on foot is still on the run.
Video game players call police after seeing robbery at Tempe hom - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

click link to look at video lol, shes pretty cute

:concentrate:

Shorn 06-09-2014 04:39 PM

"Video game players call police after seeing robbery at Tempe apartment"

Lol most of the lonely guys on twitch don't care what you look like as long as you're female..

Wonder how they know her address though

DragonChi 06-09-2014 05:21 PM

Her mods probably knew her IRL or personally enough to know her address.

hchang 06-09-2014 06:10 PM

Cute, plays video games and has guns...

She's a keeper

Hot Karl 06-09-2014 06:18 PM

Those guns sure kept her safe.

Gumby 06-10-2014 09:00 AM

Please excuse my ignorance, but are guns allowed to be left lying around in the US?

StylinRed 06-10-2014 09:06 AM

Reminds me of the movie I just watched, Ride Along (if anyone actually sat through the whole movie you'll know)

DragonChi 06-10-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 8484800)
Please excuse my ignorance, but are guns allowed to be left lying around in the US?

Gun laws are different from state to state. So some might, I don't know for sure though.

Manic! 06-10-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

In most if not all states you can leave guns were ever you want in your house. I have seen some Americans post they are never more than 3 feet away from a gun in the place they live.

7seven 06-10-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

In Arizona, yes, AZ is one of the more friendly gun states which does not require permits and allows for open carry with no requirements for storage regulations at home.

In LA/California, I'm only required to have a locking mechanism for either the trigger or loading of a firearm or evidence of a gun safe/secure storage. The only criminal charge for improper storage would only relate to if I could reasonably assume a minor could have access to the unsecured/unlocked firearm. So really not an issue for me since I don't have kids around nor do I plan to. California is actually one of the more restrictive gun law states.

Spoon 06-10-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Karl (Post 8484500)
Those guns sure kept her safe.

Could've been the first shootout on twitch.tv. Opportunity loss.