REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
RS Porsche Owners

Wondering how many Porsche owners we have here on RS.

I'm considering purchasing a new 911 and was wondering if there were many users that are driving them and what there experience with owning one in the GVRD are.
I grew up on the North Shore so I am familiar with Scan Auto and they work they do and its great. When I had my 944 they were my go to over there but now I live out in the valley and I have been out of it for a while.

If it makes a difference, I'm looking at a 2015 GT3.
Advertisement
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts

Also wondering if theres any 911 owners on here cause maybe they can buy these

Heard theres quite a waitlist if it makes a difference

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #3

Oh I know, they had issues with the engines, recalled all 2014 models and are fitting new engines and the rep from Porsche is now hinting that all 2014 owners will be upgraded to a 2015 model.

The wait is not a huge deal, most things worth having are worth waiting for :P
Old 06-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #4

Those wheels are beautiful but wont fit a 991 GT3 :P

I have my eye on something special for it tho :P

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
Old 06-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
GT3 has single lug wheels.

If you're considering new Porsches, call the Porsche Center in Vancouver.
OpenRoad group is opening Vancouver's second Porsche dealer out in Langley. "Luxury Automall" is what they're calling the place and it will be open by the end of 2014.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #6
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Paging Marco911.

He'll tell you to go for a 996 C4S because it's the best one money can buy.

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #7

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Paging Marco911.

It's also faster than 90% of the cars in Lower Mainland.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
GT3 has single lug wheels.

If you're considering new Porsches, call the Porsche Center in Vancouver.
OpenRoad group is opening Vancouver's second Porsche dealer out in Langley. "Luxury Automall" is what they're calling the place and it will be open by the end of 2014.
Thanks for the heads up on the new dealer. This is good to know as it's closer to me than going DT.
As for the wheels, yes they are center lock wheels so require special wheels to work. I have my eye on something for it tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Paging Marco911.

The C4S is a great car, no question and on city streets it would be hard to find somethig that would give you the kind of performance and comfort for the $$ as a C4S. But it's far from the best money can buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
It's also faster than 90% of the cars in Lower Mainland.
Haha....no comment.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:16 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Porsche is like a patek watch. Subtle, elegant, baller, classic all in one package.

My super car garage would be filled with 90% Porsches with a sprinkle of classics like f40, gt40, sls black, AC Cobra, huayra

Doubt I will afford any of these cars in my lifetime but you never know....
Shark Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2014, 05:21 AM   #10

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
u guys forgot about hyde, hes also a long.time porsche owner & hes still on rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #11
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tank View Post
Porsche is like a patek watch. Subtle, elegant, baller, classic all in one package.
Unlike a Patek Phillipe, however, keeping a Porsche in working condition for the next generation will prove to be as easy as finding a massage parlour on Kingsway that only offers massage services.
ScratchedMy991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
VLS Head Mod

Go see Lorne at Porsche Langley; he'll take care of you and knows his Porsches quite well
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,168 Posts
Is this going to be a DD?

I'd stay far away from any GTx for DD. They are great for track, but too rough for DD.

This is from my experience of spending 2 month with my friend's 2003 GT2 while he was in Taiwan visiting family.

They might have refined over the years... but if GTx is still true to its heritage... it's rough.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Is this going to be a DD?

I'd stay far away from any GTx for DD. They are great for track, but too rough for DD.

This is from my experience of spending 2 month with my friend's 2003 GT2 while he was in Taiwan visiting family.

They might have refined over the years... but if GTx is still true to its heritage... it's rough.
Granted it is rougher than a C2 or C4 but I don't find the ride bad at all. I have some rough riding vehicles and compared to them its a very smooth an enjoyable ride.
I do have other vehicles to drive so it is not necessarily going to be a dily driver.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #15

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:

My super car garage would be filled with 90% Porsches with a sprinkle of classics like f40, gt40, sls black, AC Cobra, huayra

Doubt I will afford any of these cars in my lifetime but you never know....
do.u know what are u talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #16
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

too poor =p
Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 AM   #17
RS Lurker, I don't post!

BoostedBB6: Pretty much any 911 is going to be good in some way, depends what you're looking for. The new GT3 will be great for a lot of reasons, but not great for others. The mezger engine which people won't shut up about is race-proven, and the new rsr's and cup cars are still using it. None of the teams or race cars are using the new commodity engine (that's in the 991 GT3) which says something. That said, if you were to get any brand new 911, it's gotta be the GT3 hands down, or GT2 whenever that comes out. I wouldn't waste my time with a C2 or a C4, unless you plan on using it daily, however a GT3 could also be used daily Note: the turbo is also a great future classic.

I have a GT3 and I love the car.
mobilett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilett View Post
BoostedBB6: Pretty much any 911 is going to be good in some way, depends what you're looking for. The new GT3 will be great for a lot of reasons, but not great for others. The mezger engine which people won't shut up about is race-proven, and the new rsr's and cup cars are still using it. None of the teams or race cars are using the new commodity engine (that's in the 991 GT3) which says something. That said, if you were to get any brand new 911, it's gotta be the GT3 hands down, or GT2 whenever that comes out. I wouldn't waste my time with a C2 or a C4, unless you plan on using it daily, however a GT3 could also be used daily Note: the turbo is also a great future classic.

I have a GT3 and I love the car.
The reason why the current RSR cars are still using the mezger engine is because they do not have enough supply for the engine. Many of the teams have requested the new engine but with it being so new and supply being what it is at the moment it does not work. The mezger is an awesome powerplant and I love the sound it makes which is lost with the new 991 but you gain so many other things its hard to not go to the 991.
The only current model I am considering is the GT3. Not a fan of the C2 or C4 or the Turbo. The GT2 would be a lot of fun but not my cup of tea.
The Turbo would be a true everyday car but I'm more a track/auto-x/fun drive kind of person and I have other cars if speed is what I am wanting.

What year GT3 do you have?

Old 06-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
RS Veteran

Any of you negotiated a price below MSRP?

Last time I was at the dealer by Burrard and 1st area, the sales guy pretty much told me there's no room to negotiate and everything will be MSRP as the demand exceeds supply by a mile.
AsianRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post

Last time I was at the dealer by Burrard and 1st area, the sales guy pretty much told me there's no room to negotiate and everything will be MSRP as the demand exceeds supply by a mile.
Already been talking to my guy and below MSRP is doable. It will depend on how I want it optioned tho.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #21
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Porsche owner checking in. I have a 97 C4S arena red on black. Very different car compared to what you are looking at.

997 GT3 prices have been going up dramatically and are over 100k with all the 991 issues. There is concern that long term resale value will suffer even after they fix the issue. Plenty of discussion on Rennlist
991 GT3 - Rennlist Discussion Forums
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #22
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post

The high end dealerships are the ones with all the control because of the ultra rich Chinese customers who they ultimately cater towards. They could care less about the average joe and know the will sucker the Chinese buyers to pay MSRP. What incentive do they have to negotiate when they have all the "new money" buying their inventory. For example, look at weissachs sold inventory they cannot keep new arrivals cars in stock before being sold. The luxury car market in Vancouver is like real estate; BOOMING! its just going to get worse as summer is approaching.

Its the same problem with real estate when you hear bidding wars happening and the Chinese buyers paying more than asking price. I have been doing thorough comparison shopping for porsches and one of the only reasons I would want to live in the States is cars are more cheaper plus you get better bang for the buck in terms of values
Shark Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #23
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Already been talking to my guy and below MSRP is doable. It will depend on how I want it optioned tho.
I'm looking for a 4 door as it's going to be my daily. Which dealer is your guying working out of?

thanks.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #24
RS Veteran

Quote:
The high end dealerships are the ones with all the control because of the ultra rich Chinese customers who they ultimately cater towards. They could care less about the average joe and know the will sucker the Chinese buyers to pay MSRP. What incentive do they have to negotiate when they have all the "new money" buying their inventory. For example, look at weissachs sold inventory they cannot keep new arrivals cars in stock before being sold. The luxury car market in Vancouver is like real estate; BOOMING! its just going to get worse as summer is approaching.

Its the same problem with real estate when you hear bidding wars happening and the Chinese buyers paying more than asking price. I have been doing thorough comparison shopping for porsches and one of the only reasons I would want to live in the States is cars are more cheaper plus you get better bang for the buck in terms of values
Absolutely.

BJ BMW has been treating me quite fairly. Because of work, it makes more sense for me to lease the vehicle. Last time I was shopping for cars (Audi/MB/BMW/Porsche), BMW made the most financial sense.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AME_VIP View Post
Porsche owner checking in. I have a 97 C4S arena red on black. Very different car compared to what you are looking at.

997 GT3 prices have been going up dramatically and are over 100k with all the 991 issues. There is concern that long term resale value will suffer even after they fix the issue. Plenty of discussion on Rennlist
991 GT3 - Rennlist Discussion Forums
The increase in price of the 997 GT3's is people tracking advantage of the issues that the 991 engine is having.
It's to be expected until the issue is fixed but like any Porsche 911, the resale value will stay high. Especially being a GT model.
However, that is not my biggest concern. I want a car I like and enjoy to drive and so far the 991 wins when I compare it to the 997's that I have driven.