REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #4276
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
They were out of gas, which tends to happen when you're on the tail end of an eastern road trip, playing on the back half of back-to-backs, and the refs have you shorthanded for literally almost the entire first half of the second period ...

Of course, according to CBC, it was because Neil's fight sparked the Sens ...
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #4277
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Shitty game... With some questionable officiating.

That's pretty much it.. I can't really see much more aside from Eddie Lack being great again
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #4278
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
I thought MacLean was interviewing two girls Hehe.

Fugly!
So it wasn't a girl?
Old 12-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #4279
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
This better not be the TSN Turning Point of the season.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #4280
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
nah, WD didn't storm any dressing rooms during the intermission after the scrap

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 12-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #4281
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
it is around this time where pretenders start to show their true selves..I would like to believe this team is for real, but....

this defence... has in more than one occasion shown the lack of thinking. So even though the pucks bouncing in and the twins have refound their game or whatever it may be..

the blue line and Ryan Miller is starting to crack
Old 12-08-2014, 06:37 AM   #4282
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
it is around this time where pretenders start to show their true selves..I would like to believe this team is for real, but....

this defence... has in more than one occasion shown the lack of thinking. So even though the pucks bouncing in and the twins have refound their game or whatever it may be..

When a team is missing their 1a/1b-2 defenceman (whereever you want to slot Hamhuis), in most cases they are going to suffer through some defensive lapses.

I'll give you Miller though- like everyone says from print to radio it's feast or famine with the guy. But bottom line stat for goalies is wins, so he's still doing his part for now. If/when he reaches a few games over .500, then I'll start to worry about Miller.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #4283
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post

pretty much what i was thinking.
Outside of Tanev and Edler, everyone is shit.
Could be some fatigue and the reffing was actually fucking hilariously incompetent.
But still, i've seen some pretty brainless plays where the d zone looked more like a swimming pool than a rink with everyone scrambling around.

We're due for some bad games...hopefully we'll bounce back against the Habs and over the next few games. If not, i seriously hope JB has some sort of a plan to shore up the back end.

On another note, anyone looking forward to the WJC this year? Been watching the last few ones. Seeing as its in Canada this year, it should be good.
The Finns were great to watch last year...Called it and said they'd win at the very beginning

I don't see them repeating this year though. I like US and Canada's chances at gold.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #4284
Rs has made me the man i am today!

just got a TSN message on my phone saying Ottawa has fired their coach
Old 12-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #4285
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 1m1 minute ago
Ottawa Senators have fired coach Paul MacLean. #Sens

lol murph.
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph 3m3 minutes ago
note to other NHL coaches, don't dare beat the #canucks. It may get you fired.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #4286
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
dan bylsma might be a good fit in Ottawa.

Torts is available too...haha
Old 12-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #4287
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
Could be some fatigue and the reffing was actually fucking hilariously incompetent.
But still, i've seen some pretty brainless plays where the d zone looked more like a swimming pool than a rink with everyone scrambling around.

We're due for some bad games...hopefully we'll bounce back against the Habs and over the next few games. If not, i seriously hope JB has some sort of a plan to shore up the back end.

On another note, anyone looking forward to the WJC this year? Been watching the last few ones. Seeing as its in Canada this year, it should be good.
The Finns were great to watch last year...Called it and said they'd win at the very beginning

I don't see them repeating this year though. I like US and Canada's chances at gold.
What else will you be calling this year?
Old 12-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #4288
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604778 View Post

lol murph.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #4289
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Senators coach Paul MacLean: 'I'm scared to death no matter who we're playing' - thescore.com

Quote:
"All I know is I'm scared to death no matter who we're playing," MacLean told reporters. "Whether it's Sidney Crosby or John Tavares or the Sedins, I go day-by-day and I'm just scared to death every day of who we're playing. And sometimes, I'm scared to death of who I'm playing."

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/stat...18207566266368

Dave Cameron the Senators assistant coach will become the new head coach, I would of liked to see them hire Bylsma or Noel
Old 12-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #4290
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Noel is the coach of the Giants now.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #4291

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
NHL coaching is a tough business.

Sens fired their "bug eyed walrus".
Old 12-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #4292
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
May we never forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #4293
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Classy move

Paying their respects - Vancouver Canucks - Features

Quote:
The NHL schedule is filled with ups and downs for every team, including the Vancouver Canucks.
There are missed birthdays, anniversaries and holidays galore and it’s all part of the job. But now and then the Canucks catch a break and Monday was one of those instances.

The team arrived in Montreal from Ottawa late Sunday night, so they were able to attend the wake of Canadiens great Jean Béliveau, who died December 2nd at the age of 83.

Béliveau, who played parts of 20 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens winning a combined 17 Stanley Cups between his playing days and as an executive – the most Cup victories in league history – was a lifelong ambassador of his beloved Habs. His life has been celebrated since he passed away and his body has been lying in state at the Bell Centre in Montreal allowing the public to pay their respects.

Monday was scheduled to be a team day off for the Canucks, but everyone in the organization currently on this road trip attended the wake out of respect for Béliveau, the player and the man.

Alex Burrows isn’t sure he’d be where he is today without Béliveau’s influence.

Although the 33-year-old from Pincourt, Quebec, never met Béliveau, he almost felt related to him growing up because of how much of a presence the Canadiens forward had within his family.

“My grandma and grandpa used to talk about him like he was God,” said Burrows, one of four Canucks players to address the media Monday. “They used to listen to the Canadiens on the radio every Saturday night and I think that’s one of the reasons my mom put me into hockey at a young age because Jean Béliveau was all class on and off the ice. My grandma would have liked me to become some kind of a Jean Béliveau.

“It’s a privilege to play the game that we love because of people like him. He was a great leader for the Canadiens and for us to be here was the least we could do to pay respects to him and his family.”

The set-up at the arena was exactly what Béliveau deserved. Red carpet covered the ice surface with roped burgundy barriers leading from one end of the ice to the other. The walk leading up to Béliveau’s casket was surreal; to the left, the seat Béliveau watched countless Canadiens games in was spotlighted, as was his retired No. 4 jersey in the rafters above. Two massive banners, one with a recent photo and the other from his playing days, were front and centre, with a Béliveau 4 1950-1971 Habs banner between and a silver Béliveau statue beneath.

His casket sat between the Art Ross and Conn Smythe trophies to the left, and Stanley Cup and Hart Memorial Trophy to the right; enormous bouquets of flowers completed the immaculate stage.

Béliveau’s wife, Élise, daughter and granddaughters were on hand to greet the Canucks, as they have been to accept condolences from the public.

Burrows made sure he let the family know how much of a positive influence Béliveau had on him.

“I told them I got into hockey because of Jean and that he was truly an inspiring person and ambassador for the game.”

Canucks coach Willie Desjardins was the final member of the team through the wake and he was emotional when speaking about Béliveau afterward.

“It’s such a great name,” said Desjardins, when asked what comes to mind when he hears the name Jean Béliveau.

“My family is out of Saint-Jérôme (Quebec), and to my father Jean Béliveau was the best and when I started playing hockey, I wore No. 4. It wasn’t just because he was a great player, it’s how he carried himself and how he approached the game. And with all those great things, inside he was also a winner, he always found a way.

“That’s a legendary name and it’s out of my class.”

Desjardins said that while Béliveau, whom he met once and described as “such a classy guy,” will be sorely missed, “he left a great legacy within our game.”

That legacy will be honoured by the Canadiens Tuesday night before Vancouver faces Montreal, and although the logistics of the ceremony are still being worked out, Desjardins said if the Canucks can be on the bench to celebrate Béliveau, they will be.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #4294
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Old 12-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #4295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
What else will you be calling this year?

man, it's monday, that's all i can muster.
i need to get some footing before any more predictions.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #4296

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post

The team's powerplay is the shits right now. The lack of power play goals (last PPG was the Washington) is costing games for this team.

The assistant coach, that Gullickson guy who is responsible for our powerplay, needs to do something to get the powerplay going.

-lack of quick passes during the PP. -predictable shots from the point. Heck, we might see the back pass again.

The Penguins' powerplay with their players making quick passes, moving the puck around quickly to get an open shot is what the team needs to start doing.

The players are not executing and that assistant coach isn't showing these guys how to get higher quality scoring chances on the PP.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #4297
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
The team's powerplay is the shits right now. The lack of power play goals (when was the last PPG for this team) is costing games for this team.
Well... they scored three PP goals against Washington last Tuesday... so for at least that game, the PP won it.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #4298

my buddies and i have a drinking game where we drink when Edler does a drop pass in the neutral zone during the pp. 90% of the time its to Hank.

After last year's debacle, i don't mind this year's pp. Yeah its shit, but last year was freakin horrendous (what was it, 28th?). I remember groaning and sighing last year when we got a pp cus we had a better chance at 5 on 5.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #4299
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604778 View Post

lol murph.
Wins the Jack Adams. Doesn't even last two years.

Maybe Patrick Roy is next
Old 12-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #4300
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
The team's powerplay is the shits right now. The lack of power play goals (last PPG was the Washington) is costing games for this team.
The PP is one of the concerns that I have for Nucks.
The number of penalties the team takes, especially when they are on the PP.
The other concern is the depth of the team and WD's willingness to play different call ups.
While the Canucks are winning, no one will question these points. It is when they are losing, that these deficiencies will define WD's abilities as a coach.

The PP looks horrible on most nights. We are back to what we saw last year. Slow passes. Too much fancy slow plays from the twins which allows the defending players to narrow the gap with the twins and the puck.
A lot of the times the PP can't even gain entry into the offensive zone with the puck.
The second PP unit isn't getting many chances either.

Since Hamhuis' injury and Frank Corrado's call up, WD has yet to insert Corrado into the lineup, instead playing Sbisa top 4 minutes with Stanton and Weber getting 10-15 minutes per game.

Depending on how hurt Matthias is, we will see Jensen playing on the third line. But once one of the regular guys come back, how quickly will we see Jensen sent back down to the minors.

And on that note, does anything think Jensen may never crack the Canucks NHL lineup as a full timer?

Maybe I am looking at this with hindsight, but don't you think Ottawa's game would have been the perfect time for WD to play Corrado?
Would taking a time out after the first 5 - 3 or even the second 5 - 3 to calm the players down help since everyone was running around like chickens with their heads cut off chasing the puck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Closed Thread