REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #5076
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Look at the roster, what is there to get excited about? Lol

Vrbata an all star? Jesus

All this talk about Vey and Bonino being players who will fill our gaps, they're fucking plugs not difference makers. There are no players on this roster to be excited or even optimistic about. Sedins are slow as fuck, no longer play a possession game. Burrows and the rest of the "core" have seemingly lost a step.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when your "unsung hero" or the biggest off-season acquisition is a 4th line energy player in Dorset.

We gonna have to fall a lot more before were back to contending.
Advertisement

Last edited by Hondaracer; 01-12-2015 at 10:28 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 10:38 AM   #5077
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
the only trade id make with Boston is
Kassian + Jensen + 2015 1st round for Dougie Hamilton
but that's arm-chair gming and is probably never gonna happen.
Wait, what?

You want to trade a 1st rounder in one of the deepest drafts since 2003 and 2 additional players for Hamilton?!

This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #5078
My homepage has been set to RS

I agree on 6o4_boi said except for the trading of kassian+jensen and a first for hamilton to me that makes no fucking sense! Trading 3 first round picks for 1 makes no sense. I mean yeah hamilton is a franchise dman but noway is worth that much.

I wouldnt mind seeing kassian, bonino and jensen on a line but thats wish full thinking with this management!
Old 01-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #5079

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Remember when I called kassian a 4th line plug? Everyone gave me shit, now you all want to trade him lol. He's a power forward he'll take longer to develop..
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 11:13 AM   #5080

I'd rather give him an actual chance than glue him to the bench, destroy his trade value and proclaim him a failure.

Honestly, where did all the Kassian hate come from? People were all on his dick at the end of last season, he played 'alright' not great in the beggining of the season but no one really played great. Then during his injury when he doesn't play for 2 months everyone just gets on the hate wagon and wants him gone says he's shit? Yea he'll turn over the puck when you get no ice time
Old 01-12-2015, 11:16 AM   #5081

yeah power forwards do taker longer to develop but I see him more then that, he has playmaking ability too. I just wish guys like him and jensen get more of a chance then just playing bottom 6 crap. Look what happened when kassian played with the sedins he scored like 6 goals or some shit in a row. Then jensen last year played with them on his call up and he had some success as well. The young guys just need to be put in opportunities to succeed and get confidence. Whats going to happen the sedins, burrows, and all the core are gone? Will are young guys just be thrown in to those rolls and just expect to produce? Need to give them opportunities with great players so they can learn from them...not just wasted on the farm or bottom 6 shit.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #5082
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
ehhh, i thought about a 2nd rounder there but pretty sure Boston ain't gonna bite on that

i'm not sold on the "deepest draft" idea, you never really know until way later down the road. It's all hype. Just cause there's generational talent in this draft doesn't mean its deep. AFAIK, McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Strome, Barzal then meh...

let's face it, barring some divine intervention Kass is never gonna be a good player here, so not much of a loss. Jensen to me is a perimeter player and will be a second liner at best in his career (yeah, he's young but i'm willing to give him up) and based purely on my personal speculation...we're probably gonna be picking between 16-24 which is a hit and miss no matter how "deep" the draft is. Maybe we're giving up a Getzlaf/Kesler/Richards with 1st rounder or maybe we're giving up a Bernier/Pouliot/Fehr. I'd be willing to risk that.

3 1st rounders sounds bad on paper...but we've seen Kass. Jensen and the 2015 1st rounder are the risks but all trades have em.

Franchise dmen are a must for any team...when was the last time we had Norris caliber dman? Around the same time we won a cup right?

hell i'd give up anyone, the next 2 1st rounders, and the Rogers Arena kitchen sink for Ekblad or a similar defense prodigy.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:32 AM   #5083

Lol Kassian is a better player than Jensen.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:36 AM   #5084
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Kassian needs to be given the ability to play how he wants. He's like a caged animal IMO. If they let him go like the Bruins let Lucic go, then we might get to see how effective he can be. Not for a shift or a game or a week but let him go for an entire month or two. Let him be the player that got him where he is today. If after that long of a time period goes by and he's still not performing, then trade bait out east where his game is better suited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #5085

Makes the most sense with how to deal with Kassian...let him out and see what he can do instead of keeping scrubs like Higgins on the 2nd line.

you have to wonder though, the media loves him, the fans wanna see what he can do but we've had 3 coaches and 2 management teams since he came here and he hasn't had as much of a sniff at getting top six roles.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #5086

like I said before when kass played with the sedins he was getting goals and putting up points but once he made one fucking mistake they put the guy back in his cage and left there to die. Like I said when your young guys get put in oppurtunities to shine and succeed is when they really develope. Management has to see that the sedins and this core wont be here forever and that they need these young guys to come in when they are done.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #5087

maybe the Sedins didn't like playing with him?
lol i remember when he was mic'd up...he sounds like a pretty annoying person to play with, kinda like when you're playing fps and there's this one jackass who keeps trying to dictate plays and is basically talking to himself the whole game.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #5088

if thats the case then the sedins need to sack up because last time I checked they arent 24. They are on the decline so man up!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #5089
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
The Sedins used to be so exciting to watch, maaaaaaan they had that sixth sense with passing

Fuck now watching them is like watching curling
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 01:16 PM   #5090
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Curling is more exciting.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #5091

sedins have their moments but it isnt 10'-11' sedins anymore thats for sure. I mean they do put up points but if they dont put up points goodluck with anyone else trying to. If this team doesnt have scoring but commitee then they are fucked. You can see it now with this slump they are having.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #5092
Banned (ABWS)

Canucks lost their morale and everything went with it

This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #5093

^^fuck that shit pisses me off every time I see it! And yet the refs did absolutely nothing there!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #5094

^ ...that felt like an assault on manhood in general.
I dunno how anyone can take that...i'd happily face the consequences if someone ever did that to me.
I would forgive Daniel if he whacked Marchand McSorley style and we lost the cup.

yeah...its over, that's the sad thing. There's really not much the team can do until the prospects come up. Sedins aren't going anywhere, we can't really make big trades unless we take huge risks and lose some prospects/picks. We're stuck watching this shit for a while.

I'm jealous of the flames cus of how they've bounced back this season. So much potential. So much skill in youth. They hit the jackpot with Gaudreau and Monahan is only gonna get better. I'm jealous of the panthers too. Sure I made fun of them before for being a Canucks farm team but they have a better shot at the cup in the next few years than the Canucks do.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #5095
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
^^fuck that shit pisses me off every time I see it! And yet the refs did absolutely nothing there!

Refs seem bias against Canucks and I don't consider myself a big fan or anything, just so many calls in the playoffs that go against Vancouver
Old 01-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #5096
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
we've had 3 coaches and 2 management teams since he came here and he hasn't had as much of a sniff at getting top six roles.
Don't forget the the coach and management in Buffalo. That is 4 coaches and 3 management teams.

My biggest beef with the current coach and management team is the same thing that has been said about the past groups.

I understand this is WD's first season with the Canucks and it will take him some times to know all his players, but at some point he needs to take a chance and mix things up.

To WD, Kassian needs to earn that top 6 spot, but so far the top 2 lines aren't showing much consistency so if he wants to keep losing and miss the playoffs, maybe it is time to give some of the younger players a chance.
WD's unwillingness to sit certain veteran players and play some of the youth, or play them in limited roles is also very fustrating. Like AV, WD would rather play someone who is sick or hurt than to play some of the youth down in Utica.

Only until the third call up was Corrado allowed to play and I think he looked pretty good, and based on his minutes played I think WD agrees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #5097

Quote:
^ ...that felt like an assault on manhood in general.
I dunno how anyone can take that...i'd happily face the consequences if someone ever did that to me.
I would forgive Daniel if he whacked Marchand McSorley style and we lost the cup.

yeah...its over, that's the sad thing. There's really not much the team can do until the prospects come up. Sedins aren't going anywhere, we can't really make big trades unless we take huge risks and lose some prospects/picks. We're stuck watching this shit for a while.

I'm jealous of the flames cus of how they've bounced back this season. So much potential. So much skill in youth. They hit the jackpot with Gaudreau and Monahan is only gonna get better. I'm jealous of the panthers too. Sure I made fun of them before for being a Canucks farm team but they have a better shot at the cup in the next few years than the Canucks do.

The thing thats different from the canucks compared to the panthers and flames is that those two teams have been garbage for so long. Panthers have been trash for so long and with some many prime draft picks they were bound to get better. Same thing with the flames they were bound to get better eventually with high draft picks. Cant say the same for the oilers that team is just fucking terrible from management to the team. Hell look at the islanders those guys are looking good too have a better record then the canucks. During the canucks vs islanders game I think they said they had like 6 or 7 first round picks playing on their team. I mean with that many top picks your team is going to turn it around one day. Excluding the oilers lol
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #5098

That is why I was really disappointed when Jim Benning decided to sign Ryan Miller to a three year contract. He believes that the Canucks can win over the next few years, which is a joke with their aging core. I was ready for a rebuild, but instead we got Vrbata and Miller. This team will be stuck fighting for a wild card spot year after year, before they decide to go for a full rebuild. The inevitable has to happen.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #5099
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Might not have been Benning's call. I doubt the Aqua Man wanted a bottom feeder in order to rebuild.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #5100
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I'd rather give him an actual chance than glue him to the bench, destroy his trade value and proclaim him a failure.

Honestly, where did all the Kassian hate come from? People were all on his dick at the end of last season, he played 'alright' not great in the beggining of the season but no one really played great. Then during his injury when he doesn't play for 2 months everyone just gets on the hate wagon and wants him gone says he's shit? Yea he'll turn over the puck when you get no ice time
#CoHo4lyfe

Closed Thread