REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 07:22 AM   #5151
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
that's pretty much why the death knells are ringing.
they're either completely oblivious to their incompetence or they're being instructed to read scripted lines as a pathetic attempt to imply that it's all good.
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2015, 09:16 AM   #5152

lol reading the provies and came across this gem.

pretty much sums up the Canucks season after January.

[VINE]ODdUuWYMDn1[/VINE]
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #5153
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Sedins* split in practice

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)

Last edited by XplicitLuder; 01-14-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #5154
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Aquilini cares more about building condos than he does building a cup winning team! I don't blame him, the economics of condos make more sense! lol

Then again, fuck him!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #5155
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
ITT: A bunch of dreamers who think the Canucks have to win a cup, or they are garbage.

Lets stop and be realistic for a minute. In the 4 major sports leagues in north america, there are 4 teams who win, and 118 who dont, and in most of the leagues, there are only a small handful of teams who have a chance to win, and of that small handful, most of them cycle to the top, and drop out of that elite group as the team ages and is replaced.

The Canucks are dead center in the middle of the League standings with games in hand. within 3 points are LA and Boston (2 of the cup winners in the last 5 years) and SJ. And a long way below them is last year's 3rd best team, Colorado.

There are a lot of far more prestigious teams out there that are in way worse shape.

I think we can all agree the 'window is closed' for the Canucks being an Elite contender. Last year was a disaster, and as such, this season is a new start for the team. New front office, new GM, new head coach, and what appears to be a new movement towards bringing in some young guys.

So many of you seem to want the organization to fold, and restart with a bunch of new young kids, and win tomorrow. That doesn't happen over night and takes time! The management has absolutely started the move in that direction, and has only had 1 draft, and 1 off season to start that process. Most of our veterans are tied into NTC. You all chased 2 of the Canuck's biggest faces in Kesler and Lu out of the city within the last year, forcing the trade hand, and are now pissed off there wasnt the return you wanted.

This isnt NHL 2007 where anytime you want to make a trade (and only trade up, obviously), it happens. You all want to trade the Sedins, Edler, Burrows, Higgins, Bieksa, etc, and want those trades done yesterday. Maybe there isn't a market for those players? Maybe if there are even any offers available, they are terrible deals?

So why should the team continue to try to win with the personnel they have? What is tanking going to accomplish? Unless you can draft in the top 4, the likelyhood of landing an all star is a complete crap shoot and nearly non existent out of the top 10. Sucking this year does not automatically mean winning in 3 years. Tanking from drafting 20th to drafting 10th isnt going to improve the team and the Canucks arent going to out suck the bottom of the league into a top 5 pick. Plus by 'tanking' you end up not only alienating most of the fan base, but create an image of being a losing organization around the league. Ever notice how the shit teams in the league cant land any free agents or win any good trades? No one wants to sign with a shit team, unless the money is thru the roof, again, handcuffing the team long term.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:58 PM   #5156

After 40+ years without a championship...yeah, no cup = garbage as far as anyone is concerned.
No one is saying tank it...the general message is everyone knows there are useless plugs in the team atm. Take em out and give the kids a chance.
I don't know what you mean by "you all chased Lu and Kes out of the city" i doubt the fanbase had anything to do with that.

I'd write a blurb but here's tl;dr

Winning is everything. Don't kid yourself otherwise.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:09 PM   #5157
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
This isnt NHL 2007 where anytime you want to make a trade (and only trade up, obviously), it happens. You all want to trade the Sedins, Edler, Burrows, Higgins, Bieksa, etc, and want those trades done yesterday. Maybe there isn't a market for those players? Maybe if there are even any offers available, they are terrible deals?
strong NHL 07 reference to age correlation

get on that NHL 15 time, m8
Old 01-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #5158
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
^NHL2015 would block the trades suggested ITT, lol. NHL2007 would accept anything after you clicked OK
Old 01-14-2015, 03:57 PM   #5159
Big Drama Show

Quote:
^NHL2015 would block the trades suggested ITT, lol. NHL2007 would accept anything after you clicked OK
Inb4 Jagr - Crosby - Ovechkin first line
Old 01-14-2015, 04:37 PM   #5160
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
My favourite real trade to EA trade moment: Nashville trades Matt Lombardi and Cody Franson to the Leafs for Brett Lebda and Robert Slaney. NHL11 says:

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 01-14-2015 at 04:43 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2015, 04:38 PM   #5161
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
NHL 12

Old 01-14-2015, 05:18 PM   #5162
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
ITT: A bunch of dreamers who think the Canucks have to win a cup, or they are garbage.

Lets stop and be realistic for a minute. In the 4 major sports leagues in north america, there are 4 teams who win, and 118 who dont, and in most of the leagues, there are only a small handful of teams who have a chance to win, and of that small handful, most of them cycle to the top, and drop out of that elite group as the team ages and is replaced.

The Canucks are dead center in the middle of the League standings with games in hand. within 3 points are LA and Boston (2 of the cup winners in the last 5 years) and SJ. And a long way below them is last year's 3rd best team, Colorado.

There are a lot of far more prestigious teams out there that are in way worse shape.

I think we can all agree the 'window is closed' for the Canucks being an Elite contender. Last year was a disaster, and as such, this season is a new start for the team. New front office, new GM, new head coach, and what appears to be a new movement towards bringing in some young guys.

So many of you seem to want the organization to fold, and restart with a bunch of new young kids, and win tomorrow. That doesn't happen over night and takes time! The management has absolutely started the move in that direction, and has only had 1 draft, and 1 off season to start that process. Most of our veterans are tied into NTC. You all chased 2 of the Canuck's biggest faces in Kesler and Lu out of the city within the last year, forcing the trade hand, and are now pissed off there wasnt the return you wanted.

So why should the team continue to try to win with the personnel they have? What is tanking going to accomplish? Unless you can draft in the top 4, the likelyhood of landing an all star is a complete crap shoot and nearly non existent out of the top 10. Sucking this year does not automatically mean winning in 3 years. Tanking from drafting 20th to drafting 10th isnt going to improve the team and the Canucks arent going to out suck the bottom of the league into a top 5 pick. Plus by 'tanking' you end up not only alienating most of the fan base, but create an image of being a losing organization around the league. Ever notice how the shit teams in the league cant land any free agents or win any good trades? No one wants to sign with a shit team, unless the money is thru the roof, again, handcuffing the team long term.
mentioning "cup winners" in the middle of the pack with the canucks really has no bearing because they are "cup winners" who cares if they are in the middle of the pack, especially the fans, they have a cup, or numerous cups.

Also, shit teams are typically "shit teams" because of geographic location, not due to being poor performance. Look at the florida panthers, i'd say their trade and free agent acquisitions were quite good for a team that was a bottom feeder for most of the last decade. Players can deal with a shit team and be a part of improvement if they can lay on the beach in their free time.

Teams like Edmoton, Calgary, and Winnipeg are the "shit" teams that will always have a hard time attracting players regardless of their performance.

for me i'm just sick of being a "weak" team, a team of pussy's where no one stands up for eachother, no one plays with edge or grit. Toughness isnt about fighting, it's about playing knowing that no ones going to fuck with you, and if they do, you're not going to take it. Sedins could get speedbagged all night, they arent gonna do a fucking -thing-

want to see a real captain? this is a real captain:

ahh but who cares, it's just a "letter" right? good players lead by example right? by being quiet in the dressing room, good on the bench and in the media, and soft on the ice.

Nucks fans are alot like the team, kinda soft, indifferent, dont strive for change
Old 01-14-2015, 05:54 PM   #5163
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Like don't get me wrong, Gillis fucked up big time as well but it also goes down to ownership and how much meddling they were part of as well. Aqualini showing up at Lu's how minutes before he's not traded at the deadline like wtf obviously he pulled the pin on keeping Lu at that point

Just sick of Naslund/Sedin type leaders
Old 01-14-2015, 06:07 PM   #5164
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
Old 01-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #5165
Big Drama Show

Bieksa4Captain

notsrs

semisrs
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2015, 08:02 PM   #5166
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
I think I would be ok with that to be honest
Old 01-14-2015, 08:28 PM   #5167
Big Drama Show

I would expect more game-to-game consistency from a captain, tbh

But I guess when he's slumping, he still provides grit, toughness, and other intangibles, something Henrik doesn't.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:08 PM   #5168
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
I would expect more game-to-game consistency from a captain, tbh

But I guess when he's slumping, he still provides grit, toughness, and other intangibles, something Henrik doesn't.
boy does Hank ever NOT have those qualities.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:27 PM   #5169
My homepage has been set to RS

So I hear on TSN 1040 that the lines are changed and that Higgins has been dropped to the third line and guess who gets bumped up to the 2nd line? Well it isn't Kassian that's for sure its Mathias. Don't get me wrong I like Mathias he's a decent forward got some good wheels. But seriously might as well trade Kassian cuz that guy will never get a shot here. Would trade him to the Bruins for that Pasternak Czech kid looks like that guy is going to be a stud. But Bruins aren't that dumb to let another seguin type player go are they?
Old 01-15-2015, 07:22 AM   #5170

lemme guess, they're gonna break up the Sedins at some point.
this is insanity...
i'd sit Higgins cus he's doing fuck all. Hell, i'd waive him and send him down cus he's worth fuck all in a trade market

i'm ok with Matthias in the top 6, he's earned it.

Pastrnak isn't even 170 lbs lol he'd get raped here

my prediction is that by the trade deadline, the only deals Canucks will be making are minor ones, hopefully we get to shed some useless players to make room for youth towards the end of the year. Bring up Jensen, put him in the top six.
Once we know for sure we ain't making the playoffs, bring up Gaunce and Shinks, sit some more old guys out.
Word is they're looking for a couple of top six forward but there is no way in hell they can afford those type of trades.

Canucks are pretty much SOL. I've resigned to the fact that we're gonna be losing and losing for a few seasons as we bring up some prospects. I'm cool with that as long as its building towards something. It's gonna be frustrating as fuck but its what the team needs.

WD needs to wake the fuck up and sit the plugs when needed. There's losing but at least chipping away, then there's losing like the last little while where useless players are getting top useless minutes and doing fuck all with it. The bottom six can play top six minutes as far as i'm concerned as long as they're contributing.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #5171
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
At least Higgins did smthn right. Took out Rinne 3-5 weeks

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #5172

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
lemme guess, they're gonna break up the Sedins at some point.
this is insanity...
i'd sit Higgins cus he's doing fuck all. Hell, i'd waive him and send him down cus he's worth fuck all in a trade market

i'm ok with Matthias in the top 6, he's earned it.

Pastrnak isn't even 170 lbs lol he'd get raped here
And you think johnny hockey is 200lbs? Come on man Pastrnak is legit I would give up a first and kassian for that kid. Hes pretty legit small guys have to play big in the pacific. Johnny is playin big and putting up points Vey on the other hand way too easy to bump off the puck tho. Pastrnak is scoring and seems like hes going to be a good forward. Also with our team we need to get younger adding more youth will always help!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:25 AM   #5173

gaudreau looks like st. louis incarnated lol.
its like the hockey gods were like, alright calgary, you goofed with st. louis, here's your second chance.

Too early to judge Pastrnak. Remember that other Czech player last year who was puttin em away and was the nhl darling for a bit but has kinda slowed downs since? I'd make the Canucks top six a bit tougher before going for someone like that.
Though i'd probably trade Kassian and 1st for him too if it was ever offered
I wish we could make trades like that...these days we'd be lucky to get rid of roster players for low picks.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #5174

Well by looking at managment and coaches are doing to kassian I say fuck it and trade him! He will never get a shot here thats for sure! As for our other Jensen I could see him getting delt as well because you know canucks hate having youth in their line up. Also having Horvat in and vey also isnt really a youth movement. I'm talking about young guys who can produce like impact players which canucks have none right now.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #5175
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Depending on how far the Canucks fall in the standings in the next few weeks will determine what course of action(s) they will take prior to the trade deadline.

The Canucks are only allowed to have 23 players on the roster.
Right now, that is 2 goalies, 7 D men and 13 forwards with a spot for Hammer's return.

All the guys on the current roster is all that they can play with. Even if they sat Higgins/Kassian/Burrows/Sedins/bucket of pucks, there is no room to bring anyone up unless someone is on a 2 way contract and can be sent down to Utica without the risk of losing them on waivers (going down or when they are recalled back to the team).

At most, when Hammer returns, then they will send Corrado back down to the minors which frees up a spot for one call up.

At the end of the season, imo, is where we will start to see changes. Higgins while not performing with points, does a lot of good things defensively and on the fore check. He may find himself in a better place on the third line and his contract isn't that bad that makes it a burden to have him on the team. Same goes with Burrows.
It's Richardson and Matthais that is the most interesting as they are both UFA's at the end of this season.
I can potentially see the Canucks trading away or letting these 2 guys walk away from the team at the end of the season to free up roster spots for some of the youth in Utica.

Dorsett is also a UFA, but I see him having enough upside on the fourth line that they will keep him.

As for young guys in Utica, I am almost ready to say Jensen is a bust as he isn't exactly lighting it up in the minors. In fact, none of the youth that the Canucks drafted is lighting it up in the AHL for the Canucks.

With the twins on the decline, much like Naslund in his final few years as a Canuck, the team will be a borderline playoff team much like Calgary was for the past few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Closed Thread