REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #6676
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,318 Times in 647 Posts
lol Lack
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #6677
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,688 Posts
!
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 02-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #6678
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,846 Times in 885 Posts
fucking pathetic. can't even get 1 point against BUFFALO, who's missing two of their top 6 forwards.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #6679
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Sabres top two forwards are injured, Girgensons and Ennis, Canucks better roll easily over my Sabres tonight, Sabres icing a very very ugly lineup tonight. Shame no Latvian showdown between Kenins and Girgensons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post

when was the last time the Canucks ever rolled over anyone they were supposed to have rolled over?

i'm actually tempted to bet against the canucks today...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #6680
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,253 Times in 1,618 Posts
next time I'll put money against them on the last game of a road trip. ESPECIALLY if it's a shitty team they're playing
Spoiler!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #6681
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
doesn't matter the coach or the players its been the same thing over and over. Losing to the crappy teams lol
Old 02-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #6682
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Fucking knew it.
Could've made an easy $30 today lol

Canucks...making shitty teams look good since forever
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #6683
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Team played bad, Lack played bad. Can't give any NHL team, even a barely NHL team like the Sabres, that many freebies and expect to win.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #6684
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

6 fucking goals given up to BUFFALLOOOOO dafuq mang
Spoiler!

Last edited by spoon.ek9; 02-26-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #6685
My homepage has been set to RS

did see this loss happening....oh wait it is the canucks! losing to shit teams since 1970s
Old 02-27-2015, 07:06 AM   #6686
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
i know LA lost yesterday but gotdamn watch them end up 2nd in the pacific or even end up on top of the ducks

they're like the anti-Canucks...just when you think they lack motivation and are spiralling towards a black hole - BAM, they flip the switch and ramp up all the way to the playoffs.

Just when you think the Canucks can take advantage of easy points and actually fight for a playoff spot, BAM they get smoked by the shittiest team

Of all the Canadian teams, being a Canucks fan is probably the hardest, every year they find creative ways to bring ppl up and slam em back down. Sure, Leafs fan have it shitty, and Oilers fan have been long-suffering for a while but deep down, all their fans know they suck and won't amount to anything come April.
Every year it's like, here, have some hope and excitement, here's some flashes of young talent and great hockey, here's some grit and determination. You like that? Fuck you, now we're gonna let you down.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2015, 07:16 AM   #6687
My homepage has been set to RS

The thing is with the canucks they think they can flip a switch and all of a sudden play better. For instance yesterday's game they were playing like dog shit till the third period and though to themselves oh maybe we should start playing harder because we might get smoked by the shittiest team in the league. Lone behold they tried to flip it and got fucked cause it was too late. Canucks need to realize they are not LA and can't do what they do down the stretch!
Old 02-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #6688

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
next time I'll put money against them on the last game of a road trip. ESPECIALLY if it's a shitty team they're playing
Last game of road trip + game after a hard fought win against a rival (Boston) + game against last place team = recipe for a loss
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 02-27-2015, 09:43 AM   #6689

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Everyone seems to underestimate the shitty teams around this time of the year.

Trade deadline is near. Those young players or players on the bubble will do anything to stay on an NHL team and get paid for it. They have more drive than say a team who's safe and feel like they are going to make the playoffs (kinda like us in the past 6 years).
Old 02-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #6690
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Pascal Dupuis wrote a piece for Playerstribune on his bloodclot experience. a very excellent read

In My Blood | The Players' Tribune

Quote:
ad stuffed some extra underwear into my jacket pocket before driving to the hospital. That was the moment when I finally stopped lying to myself. We were supposed to be flying to Montreal later that day. In the NHL, you always wear a suit and tie when you travel. I made sure I wore a tracksuit and flip-flops because in my heart I knew I wasn’t making the trip. I knew I was going to be staying a while.

My teammates didn’t know there was anything wrong. My wife didn’t even know.

I remember sitting in the hospital parking lot and thinking, Okay. This is it. You walk into that building and your career might be over.

Let me back up a little bit. In December 2013, two days before Christmas, I suffered the kind of hockey injury that you dread. We were playing in Ottawa, and my linemate Sidney Crosby got hip-checked and went flying into my leg right leg. When you’re on skates, there’s nowhere for your knee to go. It’s trapped. I tore my ACL, MCL and PCL — basically dislocated my whole knee. Still, I wouldn’t let them put me on a stretcher. My father had a rule about that when I was a kid: unless both of your legs are broken, you never lay on the ice. You skate off on the good one. So that’s what I did.

Dupuis Broken Pull

A week later, I was at home in Pittsburgh, waiting to have surgery and going stir crazy. I can’t sit still for a second, so I went to the rink to get a little sweat in on the arm bike machine. Halfway through, I got this intense pain in my chest. Immediately, my mind went back to the hit, and I remembered that Sid’s skate had come up and hit me in the chest. I just thought maybe I’d broken a rib or torn some cartilage. No big deal. I’d played with both before. I finished the workout.

A few nights later, I was in bed when the coughing fits started. My wife was officially freaked out after a few nights of this. She kept telling me to get checked out, but I was like, “Babe, it’s just a cold.” I had no idea that something very bad was going on inside of me.

Finally, I broke down and had my chiropractor come over to the house, and told him I thought I’d busted up my ribs. He put me on the table like he has a hundred times before. “Duper, something’s wrong here,” he said after about an hour. “This isn’t related to anything structural.” He called my trainer immediately, who had the smarts to call my primary doctor. My doc called me right back.

“You have to go to the hospital for some tests right now,” he said.

I’m like, “O…K? I’ve played with broken ribs before, doc. What’s going on?”

“Have your wife drive you,” he said. “You can’t drive yourself. I’ll meet you at the ER.”

Those are never words you’re prepared to hear.

Now, this is all happening on January 2nd. I had family in from Quebec, staying at our house for the holidays. My four kids were all home on break. I’m standing in my kitchen with kids running all around the house. I’m not trying to freak everybody out by saying, “Hey gang, let’s all jump in the car and rush Daddy to the hospital!”

I hopped to the car and drove myself.

When I arrived in the ER … wow. There were a bunch of doctors waiting for me, with a whole room prepped and ready. As soon as I sat down, the needles were out and the I.V. was in my arm. That’s when I first heard “blood clot.” They took me for a CT scan. I got out of the big white tube and I’m sitting right by the machine waiting to hear my fate, just thinking … is this real?

They bring out the scans and point right to my lung.

“There it is.”

The doctor explained that I had a pulmonary embolism. One of the branches of my lung was clogged. The clot probably started in my calf when my leg was immobilized on the flight back from Ottawa. My lung wasn’t getting blood supply and was slowly dying. The words just kind of whizzed by me. I went to grab my clothes when the doc explained that I had to stay in the hospital for a few days.

He said, “Duper, listen, you basically had a stroke of your lung. It’s serious. If this would’ve went to your heart of your brain, it could’ve been fatal.”

I have my Serious Guy Face on but inside I’m thinking, Okay, whatever, when can I play hockey again? I had to go on blood thinners, which meant my knee surgery would be delayed. I know this sounds crazy, but I was disappointed. That’s how you’re conditioned to think as a hockey player. To make it in the league as an undrafted free agent like I did, you have to be able to go through walls. That’s not some motivational poster B.S. You truly have to be able to block out an immense amount of pain, and that can have consequences.

I was on blood thinners from January to July, while I was rehabbing my knee. I wasn’t on the ice for six months. I didn’t tell my teammates about the blood clot. I didn’t tell the press. Only my family knew. In July, my bloodwork came back fine. No clots in my legs. My lungs were clear. I went back to business.

On the first day of training camp, they handed me the red no-contact jersey. It killed me. I had trained like an absolute madman to get into the best shape of my life. My conditioning was ridiculous. All summer, people were wondering if this 34-year-old guy would be able to get his speed back. Can he still play on the first line after knee surgery? Can he keep up with Crosby? They didn’t even know what else I was dealing with. The trainers were incredible in how they took care of me and made sure I was good to go. But all I wanted to do was be out there for Game 1 on the top line with Sid and Kuny. It didn’t happen. I made it back for the opener, but they smartly kept my minutes in check for the first month of the season.

Game 11 was in Minnesota. After the game, I went to dinner with a couple of guys and had a few drinks. The next day, we woke up and flew to Winnipeg, and went straight to practice. I’m standing at center ice when I feel something go through my body like a bolt of lightning. It actually made me gasp. Instant chest pain. I thought, Am I having a heart attack right now?

The first time, the pain was gradual. Like a soreness. This time, I felt something physically going through my body. It caught me like a punch in the chest. Instantly, I do the math. Come on. Not again.

I’m hunched over and guys are looking me at me. I lied and said I must have pulled a muscle on a shot. Call me stupid but I didn’t say anything to anyone about it. Not my teammates. Not my trainers. Not my wife. The hockey player in me — he’s saying it’s nothing. He’s thinking, You just battled through eight months of rehab for your knee. Everyone was second-guessing you. You’re 35. This is it.

I finished practice.

I would not recommend this to anyone but the truth is that I played five more NHL games without ⅓ of a lung. My knee was genuinely sore, so I asked for some anti-inflammatories, which helped with the pain a little bit. My training was so overboard that the blood clot didn’t affect my conditioning. I played my best game of the year in Toronto, a few days after I felt the clot. We won 2-1, and I scored both goals. It was my first game back on the line with Sid and Kuny. That’s the line I love playing on. I’m like, “I’m back, baby!”

Dupuis Lung Pull

I was lying to myself. We were on the road. I was away from my family, around the guys doing what I love. It was easy to be in denial. Then the road trip ended and we returned to Pittsburgh. When I walked in the door and saw my wife and kids again, that was it.

I went to our team’s head trainer, Chris Stewart. “Hey Stewie, I think I maybe felt something,” I said. I might want to go get checked.” We were supposed to leave for Montreal.

He and the doctors told me that if I didn’t get checked out I wasn’t coming on the trip. Our training staff and doctors have been unbelievable. The fact that I played five games was not on them. I’m the one who kept it to myself. As soon as I gave them a little hint that something was wrong, Dr. Vyas and the team were right on top of it.

So I put on my track suit, grabbed some extra underwear and drove to the hospital. As crazy as this is, I was still kind of thinking, Well, maybe the clot is small and they won’t see it.

I went into the big white tube again. The doctors came to me with the results of the CT scan again. They point to the lung again.

“There it is.”

I completely broke down. I called my wife and said, “Babe, I think I’m done.”

My wife has been incredibly supportive, but she worries. When I told her the whole story about me feeling it five games before, she got really scared about me going back. She’s like, “What keeps you from not saying anything again?” It’s a hard thing to answer.

It’s easy to say that family comes first. I absolutely love my my children and my wife. But the mentality of a professional hockey player is that you never admit that you’re human. You never admit pain, especially if it’s pain that no one can see.

The Penguins have been incredible about keeping me around the team while I deal with this second blood clot. It can be a very dark place to be away from the game. With my personality, I need to be around the guys. The coaches have requested that I be in every team meeting, and I’ve helped out with scouting. I travel with the team on flights under two hours and offer any insight I can from the press box.

Up there, it’s a 2D game. Everything looks so easy. There’s so much room. Then you go down to ice level and it’s a 3D game. I’m quickly learning the limitations of my coaching ability:

“Hey, why didn’t you see that passing lane?”

“Well, Duper, there was a guy right in my face jamming a stick into my ribs.”

Some of the guys have started to call me Coach Duper. I laugh it off, but it’s killing me to wear my little suit while they’re putting on their gear.

I’m 35. I know I don’t have much time left. But I’m getting out of that press box prison. I don’t care if it takes six months or a year or two years. I will get healthy. I will play in the National Hockey League again.
and Igor Larianov wrote about his time with the Red Army...

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/mir...hockey-russia/
Old 02-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #6691

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
^
Wow great article from Larionov too. It's no wonder they call him "The Professor".
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 02-27-2015, 12:07 PM   #6692
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Oh Roberto..

Old 02-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #6693
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,162 Times in 2,400 Posts
No idea who this guy is, but...

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 02-27-2015 at 12:42 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #6694

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
It's pointless without pics.

Patrick Kane's girl.
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&...25165112614550

Meet Patrick Kane's Eye Candy: Amanda Grahovec [PHOTOS]

Keith's Wife
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&...25165254072748
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #6695
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
From what I've read, the rumour is Kane's GF and Keith's wife. Pretty bad if true.
Which begs the question, what were these women thinking!? Dirtbag move on Sharp's part? Absolutely! However, it takes two to tango..
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2015, 04:02 PM   #6696
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Which begs the question, what were these women thinking!? Dirtbag move on Sharp's part? Absolutely! However, it takes two to tango..
Exactly...
I mean... if you tell me Sharp has no game... it be a lie

but its one thing to mess with Kane's girlfriend..its another to be a true homewrecker and fuck with Keith's family... so its a dick move here....
Old 02-27-2015, 04:13 PM   #6697
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Kimo Timonen to hawks
Flyers received a 2015 2nd and a conditional 2016
Old 02-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #6698
RS controls my life!

Are these just rumours or?
Old 02-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #6699
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

apparently the team and management have "laughed off" all of the claims (including the locker room fight)
Spoiler!
Old 02-27-2015, 04:45 PM   #6700
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
apparently the team and management have "laughed off" all of the claims (including the locker room fight)
Well I don't think u can really respond to anything like this. Its adding fuel to the fire
Closed Thread