REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #7426
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
oh Hansen, that was gold!
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #7427
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
Bo with the moves!

that would have been amazing if he scored on that hah
Spoiler!
Old 03-14-2015, 05:25 PM   #7428
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
And Leafs jerseys litter the ice
Old 03-14-2015, 05:39 PM   #7429
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Lol wtf? it says sven baertschi got the empty net.

Last edited by VooDood; 03-14-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #7430
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
So did anyone bet against the canucks?
Old 03-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #7431

At least they got the team right
Old 03-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #7432
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
The Leafs are the center of the NHL world alright. No player or coach wants to work in the center of that Bermuda Triangle.

Anyway, the early start won't matter.

I'm 100% confident that the guys will be ready to lay a beatdown on the Maple Laughs.

Place your bets on Vancouver on Playnow.com for that game.

I was right about the team beating the Leafs.

-not a beat down by any means. Two points that the team needs badly in the playoff race.

Did anybody place a wager on the team using Playnow.com?
Old 03-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #7433
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Flames down 2-0 to avs. I guess they are going to start playing now lol
Old 03-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #7434
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,209 Times in 1,394 Posts
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #7435
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Kings and flames lose. Today was a good day
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2015, 08:47 PM   #7436
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2015, 08:48 PM   #7437
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Hansen mocking Phaneuf turtling
What is the story behind Hansen mocking Celine Dion?

Quote:
And Leafs jerseys litter the ice
Actually, 3 jerseys were thrown onto the ice. And there was a leafs fan that had a paper bag on.

Did anyone watch the STL/Wild highlights? Refs fucked up badly by calling a good goal after video replay only to call the goal off because the puck never entered the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-14-2015, 09:05 PM   #7438
x_x

lol at Kadri hitting Lupul. Probably getting him back for this play

This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2015, 11:16 PM   #7439

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
What is the story behind Hansen mocking Celine Dion?

Actually, 3 jerseys were thrown onto the ice. And there was a leafs fan that had a paper bag on.

Did anyone watch the STL/Wild highlights? Refs fucked up badly by calling a good goal after video replay only to call the goal off because the puck never entered the net.
Phaneuf was turtling under the official when Kassian hulked out and went on a rampage trying to get Phaneuf.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:15 AM   #7440
My homepage has been set to RS

Phagneuf is the biggest piece of shit in the league so over rated! I can see why everyone wants to punch that fuck out ever game! It's too bad when the AV's played the leafs the fucking linesman broke up a fight against phagneuf and iggy this year!
Old 03-15-2015, 01:06 AM   #7441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
Phagneuf is the biggest piece of shit in the league so over rated! I can see why everyone wants to punch that fuck out ever game! It's too bad when the AV's played the leafs the fucking linesman broke up a fight against phagneuf and iggy this year!
Thoughts on how Vey looked tonight?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 01:19 AM   #7442
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Thoughts on how Vey looked tonight?
He looked he fit right in place!

In the press box.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 01:21 AM   #7443
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquar1u2 View Post
He looked he fit right in place!

In the press box.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:38 AM   #7444
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Great game to be at tonight. Always fun to chant LEAFS SUCK... huehuehue

anyways. Im a big CM PUNK fan..

Pro-wrestler-turned-UFC-fighter CM Punk will always be a hockey ? and a Blackhawks ? fan | The Hockey News

Quote:
As a blue-collar kid growing up in Chicago, Phil Brooks – now better known to the world as pro wrestler-turned-UFC-figher CM Punk – fell in love with hockey and his hometown Blackhawks.
“I was fortunate enough to have seen a couple games at the old Chicago Stadium,” Punk said. “I got to see Denis Savard skate, I got to see Chris Chelios, I got to hear the national anthem there. It was easy to fall in love with hockey then.”
However, the 36-year-old wasn’t rewarded for that fandom right away. He had to suffer through the franchise’s lean years under late owner Bill Wirtz, and although he always appreciated and respected the athletic skill it took to perform at hockey’s highest levels, the combination of his burgeoning career in the squared circle (which included multiple world championship titles in the WWE and other wrestling promotions) and the Hawks’ woeful decisions on and off the ice made it impossible for him to remain as much of a die-hard fan as he was in his youth. But the organization’s resurgence as an NHL powerhouse over the past few years has brought him back in a big way – his Twitter account’s image is of Paul Newman in the iconic hockey film Slap Shot – and he sometimes finds it hard to believe how much things have changed for what once was a moribund franchise.
“I’m not afraid to admit it – I lost touch,” Punk said. “It was really hard to be a fan of hockey in Chicago. Blacking out games, some ridiculous ticket prices, trading off star talent, not wanting to spend the money to get anybody to come to Chicago. It was really bizarre, too, because we had this brand new stadium, but you couldn’t get any traction. After a while, because I was focused on my career so much, hockey just fell to the wayside. So the resurgence of hockey in Chicago, for me, it really felt like it happened overnight. I was shocked at how quickly it happened.”
Punk has made no secret of his affection for the Hawks since he’s earned a name for himself in the public arena, wearing Hawks jerseys to the ring for matches. And after Chicago’s 2013 Stanley Cup win, friend and veteran NHLer Sheldon Souray came to him with an offer that sounded too good to be true.
“Sheldon got in touch with me and said, ‘Hey, I’m going to give your number to a couple of the (Hawks players)’, and I thought it was a joke,” Punk said. “All of a sudden, I get a text – ‘Hey, it’s Patrick Sharp‘; then another – ‘Hey, it’s Duncan Keith’. I’m thinking Sheldon’s pranking me, so I’m replying, ‘Sure, “Patrick Sharp”, go f*#$ yourself” ‘, and I could only imagine Patrick is on the other end of the phone going, ‘What’s this guy’s problem?’ But Sharpie invited me out to celebrate their win at Harry Caray’s, and I showed up. For the next eight hours, I was hanging with the Hawks, and I got to talk to a lot of them that night. Brandon Bollig and me still stay in touch, and those players, they’re just the nicest, most down-to-earth sweethearts. To be able to share that night with them as they celebrated their hard work, I was just like a fly on the wall.
“And Duncan Keith was especially great – he’d disappear for a while and then reappear and say to me, ‘You’re still here!’,” said Punk, who lives his life with a “Straight-Edge” philosophy that doesn’t include the use of alcohol or drugs. “It was a wild night. Everybody was amazed I didn’t drink and they were completely accepting of it. I could’ve left that night and got hit by a bus crossing the street, and I would’ve been like, ‘Yeah, that’s OK, I’ve had a good life now, being able to celebrate with the Cup.’ I’m forever in their debt for allowing me to share that night with them.”
Punk, who left WWE in January of 2014, has yet to engage in his first UFC fight. And there’s not a whole lot of hockey fight technique he can use to help himself in his new line of work.
“Proper technique and hockey fighting probably don’t go hand-in-hand,” Punk said. “I think it’s two different animals. If I had a shirt or sweater to grab onto, maybe. The only similarity I see is there’s some aspects of Muay Thai clinching when you’re getting into a hockey fight. You want to grab the back of somebody’s sweater, and tug down on their neck. That’s like a Muay Thai plum. Maybe me and Brandon Bollig have traded some secrets, but they’re not too extensive.”
For much more on Punk’s love affair with hockey – including which NHL arena he desperately wants to see a game at this year, which NHL mascot he’s engaged in a friendly feud with, and which Hall of Fame goaltender was one of his favorite players as a kid – be sure to pick up THN’s upcoming Playoff Preview edition when it hits newsstands in early April. Or have the issue delivered to your door by subscribing.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #7445
I don't get it

Has anyone else noticed this, Ronny Kenins skates very similar to Patrick Kane. Even his passes have a Patrick Kane sort of flare but he definitely doesn't have the goal scoring instinct of Kane (obviously).
Old 03-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #7446

Kenins has a surprising amount of skill. He has really good vision, hands, and a quick release. He makes some mistakes, as most young players do, but hopefully he can learn from them.

I didn't know much about him when we signed him aside from rave reviews from Crawford and that he was going to play for Latvia in the Olympics.

Even his stats in Europe and this year, in the AHL, were pretty ho-hum, so I wasn't really expecting much from him when he got called up (admittedly only having seen him in 1 Olympic game and in pre-season).

Really happy we have him.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #7447
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
Yah that little touch behind the back pass he dropped to Horvat last night was something else... Didn't work out but just about... Really like him, gets lots of points so far and you see the D back off every time he's on the ice... And never takes penalties either!
Old 03-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #7448
My homepage has been set to RS

Kenins is solid pick up one of the few things gillis actually did right. Lastnight when he was in the corner sill tried to run him into the glass and sill fall right on his ass when doing so. Kenins is solid as fuck he barley even moved. The thing I like up kenins is the guy has skill and hits like a mofo!

Did anyone catch Jim hughson call him the Latvian Locomative? I thought that was pretty cool!
Old 03-15-2015, 04:47 PM   #7449
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
Did you have Kassian write this for you?
Old 03-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #7450
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Did you have Kassian write this for you?
Doubt it, pretty sure Kassian can't write
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread