REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #10476
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
While enthusiasm isn't just the same... and I would give up all my pool picks to see the Canucks win it. Playoffs still remain fairly entertaining when I'm invested in certain teams for a reason.

I'm not just simply watching good hockey. I have a reason to support a team.

Don't care about you haters, but cheering for LA last playoffs was fucking exciting, especially how their playoff season went. (0-3 series comeback, three Game 7's)It's too bad if you guys didn't join a pool, didn't pick LA, or were too busy moping over the stale canucks not making it.
as what's been said over and over shut the fuck up about your hockey pool and picks already.. No one gives a fuck and we like play off hockey because it's exciting and fun to watch and you don't have to be invested in a team to enjoy it... If you do that means you truly are not a fan of hockey...

I swear people should be fucken banned from this thread when they are talking about that over and over because its straight up fucken annoying...

Have a mod change the title of the hockey pool thread and if you want to talk about it use that and not here since we all don't fucken care...

http://www.revscene.net/forums/65940...2-13-a-52.html
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #10477
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
LOL...i can see how its annoying but at the same time does it really matter?
traffic is pretty dead on this thread once the Canucks are out
I dunno, maybe it's just me but it's not that big of a deal.
All you have to really do is ignore it. I don't mind the occassional talk on pool tbh as long as it doesn't take over the topic, some people need a reason to be invested, you can be invested in hockey and still be true hockey fan, there's no exclusive category.
I think the more people react, the more jimmies are rustled the more its gonna come on unless the mods step in (which is a waste of time imo)

Anyway, i didn't notice that Prust got fined $5k for his dumbass rant. What a fucking goof that dumbass is...i don't know what he was trying to accomplish but the Habs seem to think you enter the golf course through the penalty box.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:04 AM   #10478
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
^^

Agreed, it happens all the time in the NFL thread. If it weren't for betting and pools sports in general wouldn't have half the following they do. I don't really see an issue with talking about it and if it's not interesting you can always skip the post.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 05-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #10479

Is McLellan high...someone needs to remind him he's playing an actual hockey team today
how the fuck is Mike Smith still in net
Old 05-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #10480
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
LOL...i can see how its annoying but at the same time does it really matter?
traffic is pretty dead on this thread once the Canucks are out
I dunno, maybe it's just me but it's not that big of a deal.
All you have to really do is ignore it. I don't mind the occassional talk on pool tbh as long as it doesn't take over the topic, some people need a reason to be invested, you can be invested in hockey and still be true hockey fan, there's no exclusive category.
I think the more people react, the more jimmies are rustled the more its gonna come on unless the mods step in (which is a waste of time imo)

Anyway, i didn't notice that Prust got fined $5k for his dumbass rant. What a fucking goof that dumbass is...i don't know what he was trying to accomplish but the Habs seem to think you enter the golf course through the penalty box.
It matters because its a selfish post. Only mud0c's gameday dinner and tegra_devil should get the most attention in this thread, for now
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 10:38 AM   #10481
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Speaking about game day dinner.... The gf just got back from Quebec last week and brought me back some cheese curds so I shall be making homemade poutine(fries as well) tonight while watching the games
Old 05-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #10482
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
as what's been said over and over shut the fuck up about your hockey pool and picks already.. No one gives a fuck and we like play off hockey because it's exciting and fun to watch and you don't have to be invested in a team to enjoy it... If you do that means you truly are not a fan of hockey...

I swear people should be fucken banned from this thread when they are talking about that over and over because its straight up fucken annoying...

Have a mod change the title of the hockey pool thread and if you want to talk about it use that and not here since we all don't fucken care...

http://www.revscene.net/forums/65940...2-13-a-52.html

It's really no different from someone posting "random" posts that display they are supporting a team. Maybe they just make it less obvious they're in a pool as well, or they are actual fans of the team. Maybe the pool motive is what's rustling you, because I'm supporting teams only because of money.

In regards to that, I'll admit it. I'm a Canuck fan, and that's the only team I would ever cheer for without money being involved.

As for a hockey fan. I'll give my hats to you for being the bigger hockey fan for what's it worth. I enjoy watching highlights and great hockey plays like Ovechkin's highlight reel goals, but as to watch an entire hockey game for no invested reason just for the sake of watching good hockey...

Well, I'll need to be at least cheering for a team in order to make it interesting at an emotional level. Otherwise, I'll let the highlights catch the "good hockey moments" for me. And emotional level is really what makes watching sports so good. It's probably the biggest factor for me. That's why I would prefer to watch a "boring" Canuck 1-0 win in the playoffs over an action-fest game involving 2 other teams. When I have no reason to cheer for the other 2 teams, it really doesn't matter as much, even if the game was exciting.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 05-06-2015, 11:06 AM   #10483

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
AzNightmare pool related post = "make me feel special"
Old 05-06-2015, 11:31 AM   #10484
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Benning saying the Canucks were shook by the Calgary crowd? Jesus wtf was he thinking..
Old 05-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #10485
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
sportsnet... lolll

but heres colin campbell explaining why the goal was no goal.
NHL hockey ops boss explains ruling on controversial Calgary Flames goal/non-goa

Quote:
Colin Campbell has been in this situation before.

Not just as the man who oversees the NHL’s controversial video reviews but as a guy caught in the middle of a shockingly similar non-goal situation 11 years back.

“Same play, same end, same place as 2004,” said the NHL’s Senior Executive Vice-President of Hockey Operations, referring to Calgary Flames sniper Martin Gelinas’ non-goal against Tampa Bay Lightning goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.

“What’s different is we have post cameras in net and overheads in high definition we didn’t have back then.”

Alas, none of it helped make any difference on a call that ultimately went against the Flames again when Sam Bennett’s shot was kicked out by Anaheim Ducks netminder Frederik Andersen near the goal line late Tuesday.

And for those who are still seeing red because they thought they saw white between the puck and the goal line, it’s important to point out the league made the right call.

That won’t change the belief of biased fans who will see what they want to see and believe the team got jobbed once again by big bad Toronto.

But it’s a fact.

“I understand if you are passionate and you think it was in but we don't guess -- we have to have it conclusively,” Campbell told the Calgary Sun.

“We don't use ‘almost’ or ‘I assume’ or ‘I think.’ We have to use conclusivity. It all depends on the call on the ice, and we have to prove the obvious.”

Fans throwing around screen grabs of the apparent goal on social media all day Wednesday certainly thought the call should have been an obvious one: Overruling the non-call by officials who couldn’t possibly have been able to tell in real time it crossed the goal line to tie what was a 3-2 Ducks lead with 6:17 remaining.

Fact is, the puck was obscured by the crossbar from the overhead camera, the net camera was blocked out by the goalie, as was the post camera on Andersen’s left side. The right-side post camera isn’t designed to aim down enough to see the low shot.

The photo irate Flames fans are clinging to is from a broadcast camera high up in the stands, providing an angle that gives a deceiving view Campbell does well to put in perspective.

“It's like a horse race -- you can't stand ten feet ahead of the finish line and determine who won a close race -- you have to be standing along the finish line,” Campbell said.

“Also, don't forget this -- the goal line is painted one-and-a-half inches below the ice. So you can put the puck on the goal line and stand ten feet back and see white ice underneath it. The puck could also be in the air.”

That’s where most are being fooled into believing the video is conclusive.

It’s not.

None of this is to suggest the puck never crossed that plane. It just isn’t definitive, thereby preventing the war room from overturning the officials’ (non-)call.

“If the call on the ice was ‘good goal,’ then I couldn’t overrule it either,” added Campbell, who said the cameras aren’t to blame.

“We’ve been trying to achieve perfection. Maybe one day we'll have it 100% but it’s difficult. Hey, maybe the next one we use is a crossbar camera (shooting down at the goal line).”

Brilliant idea that likely would have ended a debate many can’t believe we are still having given all the technology out there that could surely avoid any such uncertainty.

Well aware of the controversy in ’04 that many believe cost Calgary the Stanley Cup, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman had a chat with Campbell, too, regarding the goal.

“Even Gary is calling in, asking, ‘are you sure?’” said Campbell, who was in the league’s New York office when the play was being reviewed, speaking the entire time to Situation Room boss Mike Murphy.

“We show these kind of plays to managers all year and ask them if they want us to change our approach. If they want us to use the same technique as those in a bar in Calgary use then fine but if we had said ‘good goal,’ everyone in Anaheim would be upset. But I couldn’t walk down to tell Ken King, Brian Burke, Murray Edwards or one million NDP people in Calgary that it was in. It was inconclusive.”

Fortuitously for the league and the Flames, it was rendered a moot point five minutes later as Johnny Gaudreau got the league off the hook with 20 seconds left when he tied the game 3-3, setting up Calgary’s overtime winner.

“All we did last night was say, ‘Go Johnny Go,’” Campbell said with a laugh.

He was joking. Conclusively joking.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #10486
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Damn! Tampa in the house!
Old 05-06-2015, 04:08 PM   #10487
Banned (ABWS)?

They should put cameras on the underside of the crossbar, camera embedded below the ice surface at the goal line, and cameras on the inside of the posts.

Can't get any more conclusive than that.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #10488
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #10489
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
It matters because its a selfish post. Only mud0c's gameday dinner and tegra_devil should get the most attention in this thread, for now
I don't really have any chirp or cheer for today unfortunately
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Old 05-06-2015, 04:39 PM   #10490
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 05:01 PM   #10491
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
wooo page 420!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 05:35 PM   #10492
Banned (ABWS)?

These tight 1-1 games...
Old 05-06-2015, 05:40 PM   #10493
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
These tight 1-1 games...
always too soon jr....

2-1 washington now
haha
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #10494
Banned (ABWS)?

Need floodgates to open...
Old 05-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #10495
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

MOTHERFUCK!!!!
YOU SPOKE TOO SOON DAMMIT
Old 05-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #10496
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
TOO SOON JUNIOR
Old 05-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #10497

LMFAO GG HABS
Old 05-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #10498
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 05:50 PM   #10499

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Talk about lightning striking in the last second of the game.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:50 PM   #10500
Banned (ABWS)?

AHAHAHAAH HOLY TAMPA
Closed Thread