REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 08:57 AM   #826
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Ehrhoff wasn't bought out for his poor play or not being worth his contract if that's what you're trying to say...

He was bought out because if he retired before his contract ended; Buffalo would be penalized (just like Luongo retiring early; Canucks would also get penalized)

It was Buffalo's last opportunity to use their buy out and to avoid being penalized.
Are you really using Lu's contract as an example of why that contract would work out for us?
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #827
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
^^^What are you trying to say!?

I don't think he's saying Ehrhoff's Buffalo contract is good, just saying we could've used a player like him in the past or maybe even now.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #828
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
Are you really using Lu's contract as an example of why that contract would work out for us?
I don't see how you thought he said that
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #829
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Iginla's not coming to Vancouver.
I can see him ending up with the Wings, or a team that will seriously contend for the cup next season. At this point in his career, I don't think he cares too much about money and term.

As for Miller, I don't want him here. Overrated and fragile, too much of a drama queen. The last thing this team needs is a little bitch in the dressing room. I'd rather go with the current tandem. I've resigned to the fact that there's gonna be no playoffs for at least the next two seasons and lowered my expectations to pretty much nil. I am pretty excited to see the young guys play and slowly develop.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #830
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Is anyone else baffled by Benning/TL's interest in Miller?

Why not let the Canucks rebuild properly and go with 2 green goalies? Better chances at a better pick next year, and we let the kids develop. If Miller were actually to come, that means one of the existing goalies has to go (I'd personally let go of Lack who would fetch more than Markstrom atm). Plus Miller is a notorious bitch who likes to whine and complain and doesn't seem to be one to provide help and teaching to the next generation. If anything, he'll take his free time and hop on the 2hr flight to Hollywood to see his "actress" wife.

Edit: above ninja'd me.

Edit Edit: Jesus.. you said pretty much the exact same thing as me
Old 06-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #831
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
I think we've all seen how lost Edler has been without Ehrhoff and especially without Salo.
during 5on5 play, Edler was most lost without Salo imo

Edler was able to pinch more every now and then, play deeper into the offensive zone and make mistakes more often and have Salo cover his ass.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:26 AM   #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Is anyone else baffled by Benning/TL's interest in Miller?

Why not let the Canucks rebuild properly and go with 2 green goalies? Better chances at a better pick next year, and we let the kids develop. If Miller were actually to come, that means one of the existing goalies has to go (I'd personally let go of Lack who would fetch more than Markstrom atm). Plus Miller is a notorious bitch who likes to whine and complain and doesn't seem to be one to provide help and teaching to the next generation. If anything, he'll take his free time and hop on the 2hr flight to Hollywood to see his "actress" wife.

Edit: above ninja'd me.

Edit Edit: Jesus.. you said pretty much the exact same thing as me

lol, srs though, Benning seems like he's got a good idea of what the organization needs. I don't understand what he sees in Miller. I don't see Miller ever working out here, even with a short term contract. Hell, if we're all in for McDavid next season, let's get Thatcher Demko as our starter.

or maybe even Markstrom...that guy's a sieve. Big body but he can't get the position right for shit.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:32 AM   #833
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Could be Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
So the Canucks have 2 hotel rooms booked right now. One of them is confirmed for Ryan Miller (which explains Jay Durant's tweet earlier today), and the other is unknown at the moment.

Could it be Jarome Iginla? Linden and Iginla always had a great amount of respect for each other. Let the speculation begin!

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Old 06-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #834

I think either Lack or Markstrom is going to be traded this summer, and a vet coming in to be the #1 until Demko is ready to come up. Watching Demko play at Boston College for the Eagles, and at the U18 worlds, he's good, but I think they want him to play one more year before coming up as the backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
lol, srs though, Benning seems like he's got a good idea of what the organization needs. I don't understand what he sees in Miller. I don't see Miller ever working out here, even with a short term contract. Hell, if we're all in for McDavid next season, let's get Thatcher Demko as our starter.

or maybe even Markstrom...that guy's a sieve. Big body but he can't get the position right for shit.

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #835

Brodeur at 1 year would be a WAYYY better option than Miller.

I don't know if Brodeur will want to come here though. Somehow I doubt it. He probably wants to stay in the East Coast at least.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:43 AM   #836
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Lol @ how hard most of you guys are on Bennings nuts. The guy has never been in a position to actually call the shots, -ever- yet "oh yea he knows what's best" "I like what he's thinking"
Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #837
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
LOL the funniest thing is that Bennings hasn't even really done anything yet or shown any results from what he's done and y'all wanna be fortune tellers are already letting Bennings golden shower you
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #838

Dunno - it all depends on how Brodeur wants to finish off his career i guess, or if he thinks he's still got more than just fumes in the tank. Brodeur makes more sense to me than Miller, since Demko looked up to Brodeur growing up, and would probably develop really well playing backup to his idol.

Apparently Reimer is also asking to be traded as well. And more teams are using their buyouts to make some cap space, so theres pieces out there to be picked up.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:49 AM   #839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Lol @ how hard most of you guys are on Bennings nuts. The guy has never been in a position to actually call the shots, -ever- yet "oh yea he knows what's best" "I like what he's thinking"
Seriously? Guy's been a scout, and AGM, pretty sure he was calling some shots in Boston and in his other position. Because YOU for sure know for a fact that he's actually never called shots right?! -.-

I see you criticizing everyone else here and going hard on Ekblad's nuts the past little while. What's your take on Benning?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #840

Not exactly defending what he's doing, but at least he's doing SOMETHING. No results yet, but the actions are there and at this point that's all I really wanna see.

The complacency of the previous regime destroyed this team.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #841
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
I'm looking at Miller's career performance and his play during St. Louis' 1st round playoff exit to say that he's not the guy to bring you post season success.

Was there anything that Miller Time did with St. Louis in the playoffs to make me think he's the best choice for this team? Hell no.

-not impressed by his play in this year's playoffs.

He save percentage is consistently over 90% in the regular season, a sign of a good goalie. But what can he do for us in the post season? Big question.

I vote for Hiller Time, not Miller Time.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #842

I wonder if Lack or Markstrom will go to Toronto if they manage to move Reimer.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #843
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
If he can't get something worked out with NJ, Brodeur should just retire.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 06-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #844
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
All these contracts would've been ok if the cap hit recapture thing or the Luongo rule isn't there.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #845

lol Gorges rejected a trade to the leafs...reportedly added 2 canadian teams his allow list.

wonder which teams...I can see him fitting in here, 3.9 Cap hit isnt bad.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #846

Briere apparently to Avs for PA Parenteau....i'm surprised it wasn't Gorges
Old 06-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #847

The cap hit isn't bad, but he's a small d-man that i don't think would work well in the Western conference.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:21 AM   #848
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Trade Details: Canadiens acquire P.A. Parenteau and a 5th round pick in 2015 from Colorado, for Daniel Briere. #TSN #NHL #FAF
Old 06-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #849
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Good deal for the habs

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Old 06-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #850
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts

Gleason on waivers. I don't even know what Nonis is doing over there.

First signs Phaneuf to a ridiculous contract then gets Gleason for JML and then waives him to buy him out.

It's like he is trying to correct an early mistake with another mistake.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Closed Thread