REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #2101
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

girls. and boys.
I have seen pictures of a new potential ice team uniform for the girls from an inside source from the summer. Assuming they end up using them, we shouldn't be disappointed.
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 09-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #2102

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
and the canucks have been irrelevant with no stanley cup..........forever..

those participation ribbons must be cool though. dont listen to what your parents tell you....they arent special 'try hard' ribbons.

let me put this into perspective for you, since you dont seem overly knowledgeable:

Stanley cup finals appearances as the Calgary Flames: 3 Finals appearances, 1 stanley cup

Stanley cup finals appearance as the Vancouver Canucks: 3 Finals appearances, 0 stanley cups

.....so let me break this down The Calgary Flames have be a more successful franchise since they were put together in 1980, than the canucks have been since 1970. you have had an extra 10 years in the league, and youre still not up to par. Welcome to the big leagues though

/next
So your point is that the Flames have been more successful as a franchise because of what they did in the 1980s?

I sure hope you were born in the 70s or earlier so you at least had a chance to enjoy it because there hasn't been anything to enjoy since then except a single Cinderella run 10 years ago.

I'll take my (for the most part) annually competitive team, even if they come up a little short of the ultimate goal, than a team that does something of significance every 10-15 years surrounded by complete ineptitude ... clinging to a single Stanley Cup victory 25 years ago.

/next
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #2103
Need my Daily Fix of RS

So you're happy being the bridesmaid over and over again, but never being the bride? I'll take winning the prize once any day instead of clinging to division or conference banners, which in the end, mean nothing.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #2104

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
if we put point differential in than im willing to go say $1000, sound good with u?
Deal.

Higher number of points in the standings = winning team (just to be clear)
Old 09-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #2105
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Deal.

Pm'd ya for details
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Old 09-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #2106
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i would much rather be a fan of a winning team that goes out and has a good chance to win every time but not quite have the luck and timing to win the cup.... over a team that has been mired in mediocrity its whole existence, with nothing to believe in for the last decade, but managed to win a cup 25 years ago. calgary has only been out of the first round once since they won the cup and more often than not misses the playoffs. who cares if you won a cup a generation ago if you're literally garbage every year since.

calgary is as bad (actually much worse since it has been so long) than carolina or tampa bay.

perennial competitor > one and done luck run

im not saying the canucks have the greatest track record, but my god is calgary a losing organization.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #2107
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
Quote:
Deal.

You still owe me $20 you prick lol
Old 09-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #2108
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Ok, so if you want to take cup wins out of the equation, fine.

Take series wins out of it then. Because I can just as easily argue that Calgary didn't have the "luck and timing" to take it out of the first round in 1990, or in 2006 despite having some really strong teams, just as Vancouver didn't have the luck or timing to close the deal in 1994 or 2011.

If the Flames are such a poor organization, the Canucks are even worse. Calgary holds 123-87-33 against Vancouver all-time. Source

And independently, Calgary holds a 1491-1279-379 record, well over .500, for a win-loss differential of 212. Vancouver holds a 1415-1504-391 record, win-loss differential of -89.

Vancouver would have to win 301 more games to match Calgary's all-time win number to date. They'd have to win every single game for almost the next four seasons. And that's despite the Canucks being in the league for what, ten more years?

Yes, Flames suck right now, yes they've sucked for a few years now, and many years before too. But hey, the Canucks are far, far, far from a shining beacon of success. If Calgary is "a losing organization", Vancouver is "THE losing organization".
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
You still owe me $20 you prick lol
for what
Old 09-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #2110
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts

Better PM a mod the details if you guys want to ensure members have avatar changes or if you want a referee/mediator.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 09-17-2014, 08:24 PM   #2111
GO FLAMES GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

Take series wins out of it then. Because I can just as easily argue that Calgary didn't have the "luck and timing" to take it out of the first round in 1990, or in 2006 despite having some really strong teams, just as Vancouver didn't have the luck or timing to close the deal in 1994 or 2011.

If the Flames are such a poor organization, the Canucks are even worse. Calgary holds 123-87-33 against Vancouver all-time. Source

And independently, Calgary holds a 1491-1279-379 record, well over .500, for a win-loss differential of 212. Vancouver holds a 1415-1504-391 record, win-loss differential of -89.

Vancouver would have to win 301 more games to match Calgary's all-time win number to date. They'd have to win every single game for almost the next four seasons. And that's despite the Canucks being in the league for what, ten more years?

Yes, Flames suck right now, yes they've sucked for a few years now, and many years before too. But hey, the Canucks are far, far, far from a shining beacon of success. If Calgary is "a losing organization", Vancouver is "THE losing organization".

^^ what he said. I was unaware of those records
Club-Integra.net OG
Old 09-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #2112

Quote:
if we put point differential in than im willing to go say $1000, sound good with u?
Cmon man...don't pussy out

Anyone wanna be the middle man lol
Old 09-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #2113
GO FLAMES GO

Quote:
Cmon man...don't pussy out

Anyone wanna be the middle man lol

awww muffin. if you were trustworthy you probably wouldnt be a canucks fan ahahaha

I wouldnt trust any of you fappers with following through with giving me my winnings
Club-Integra.net OG
Old 09-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #2114
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts

Spoiler!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #2115
GO FLAMES GO

^^ i dont get it....
Club-Integra.net OG
Old 09-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #2116
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
They are both shitty teams overall, and bitching about each other makes both fan bases look bad. Although a rivalry is always great, saying one team is better than the other, in this case, is kind of silly.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2014, 09:03 PM   #2117
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post

Spoiler!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #2118

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

And, again, I don't give a fuck that the Canucks sucked shit in the 70s and the 80s while the Flames were awesome in the 80s ... I wasn't even alive through most of that.

That was 30+ fucking years ago. It's like listening to Oilers fans and Leafs fans brag about cups they won before they were born. No one gives a shit.

Over the 5-10 years (aka recent history), the Canucks have been the FAR superior team and it's not even close.

You may find this shocking, but most people watch hockey for entertainment value, which winning plays a significant part in most markets (Toronto exempt). Why do you think ticket prices were sky-high in Vancouver when the Canucks were winning Presidents' Trophies and dropped through the floor when they sucked shit last year?

So, since this spawned from me saying the Flames have been irrelevant for the past 25 years (and jeedee saying they've been irrelevant since 2004), please explain to us how the Flames have been relevant over that time span (in other words, prove us wrong rather than just deflect it onto another target like a bitch).

Past 25 years (24 seasons)
Canucks: 16 playoff appearances (4 in past 5 seasons), advanced past the first round 9 times (2 times in past 5 seasons), 13 playoff series wins (4 in past 5 seasons), 2 Stanley Cup Finals appearances (1 in past 5 seasons), 2 Presidents' Trophies (2 in past 5 seasons), 9 Divisional Titles (4 in past 5 seasons).

Flames: 11 playoff appearances (0), advanced past the first round 1 time (0), 3 playoff series wins (0), 1 Stanley Cup Finals appearance (0), 0 Presidents' Trophies (0), 3 Divisional Titles (0).

Last edited by Jmac; 09-17-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #2119
GO FLAMES GO

No need to get angry there buds. I can guarantee it isn't just the flames oilers and leafs saying your not a winning franchise. It's most of the league. Ya ur a tough team to play against. I'll give you that, but u are not a franchise with a championship. Ur one of those floater teams that has no finish. Yes, the flames haven't had any finish in a long time.

But ur just like 70% of the other fans out there. A greasy haired, mocha latte sipping hipster, who lets the world know how great they are but never actually accomplishing what an NHL franchise sets out to do.

It doesn't matter when cups have been won. It matters that the NHL had a storied history of great teams, teams that have made a name for themselves on Lord Stanley's Cup. And you good sir, are not one of those teams. I like to bug leaf fans, but in the end my team isn't nearly as storied as them or successful. I am a fan of my team and it's history, I am also a fan of hockey and it's history. Detroit dynasties, islander power houses, your Canucks are not in that history. Yes, your a team in the league, but so are the Florida panthers. Only true hockey fans cheer for their team as a 'Whole' not just the now. That's why Vancouver is known as a bandwagon team.

If it upsets u that I bring up the past...too bad. In your 40+ year history your team should have done something about it, but they didn't. So don't be a whiny baby lol

One day the Canucks will win a cup and u will earn ur place in history, and I guarantee that 20 years after that Stanley cup win, some
Fans are gonna be super proud of that victory and love looking at that banner hanging in the arena.

So If u don't like a passionate history, get the fuck away from hockey, u aren't a real fan.
Club-Integra.net OG
Old 09-17-2014, 10:43 PM   #2120
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,386 Times in 547 Posts
I vote for. Less chatter. More pictures of those Ice Girls plx.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:39 PM   #2121
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

the annual who sucks more pissing contest

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2014, 12:10 AM   #2122
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Such a stupid pissing contest.
This is why I never take jabs at other teams or their fans, but only choose to support and criticize my own.

Everyone's going to have their own biased opinion on their favourite team.
And there's never going to be a clear way to determine a winner with all the different variables in defining the "better" team.
If you guys are going to bitch about it, at least break it down into categories.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2014, 12:15 AM   #2123
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Any thoughts on Ryan Johansen's contract? I'm due to set my keepers and I'd love to 'keep' him for the season, but how likely is it that he'll suit up come regular season?

It's either Johansen, Pominville, Schwartz, or Zuccarello...
Old 09-18-2014, 12:31 AM   #2124
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
No way the Jackets let their best player walk after the best season they've ever had.

That being said, the kid isn't worth a $6.5m contract. Maybe more in the $4-4.5 range. I have a feeling an offer sheet might be on the way.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #2125
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
It's funny because the coach in your gif couldn't win anything in Calgary and won 2 cups in LA immediately after joining the team. Lol