REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:09 AM   #9676
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Flames have been getting better as the series progresses. Canucks have been average at best. We don't deserve to win the series.
Flames haven't gotten better as the series progressed, it's just that the Canucks have been playing like absolute shit as it goes on.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2015, 10:13 AM   #9677
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts

interesting...looks like McJesus is already attracting some attention
Old 04-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #9678
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
You guys are being way too melodramatic. Some of you are talking as if the Canucks actually had a chance to make a decent run this year.

I think the Canucks can win Game 5, but I didn't think they would actually win the series. This team is what it is - an older core with some young players. I think Willie, Linden, and JB know what they have. From a hockey and business standpoint, it was mission accomplished: 3 games in the playoffs, some experience for young guys like Horvat, Lack, and Kennins, and easier decisions on who to get rid of in the off-season. This was the plan at the start of the season. This was always going to be a rebuilding year - they over achieved quite frankly. It just sucks seeing them getting taken to school by a bunch of young guys with nothing to lose. Plus, Hartley is a douche which hurts even more.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2015, 10:40 AM   #9679
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
If Edmonton fires MacT and gets Chiarelli I would be scared being a Canucks fan because we know he will move a number of players to make the Coilers stronger
Old 04-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #9680
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
If Edmonton fires MacT and gets Chiarelli I would be scared being a Canucks fan because we know he will move a number of players to make the Coilers stronger
At this point, any move by the tankers on their management I would be scared as a canucks fan.
It took effort to remain this bad for this long with that that much talent. Now if they actually a decent gm to run the damn things they will see a change for the better soon
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #9681
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
You guys are being way too melodramatic. Some of you are talking as if the Canucks actually had a chance to make a decent run this year.

I think the Canucks can win Game 5, but I didn't think they would actually win the series. This team is what it is - an older core with some young players. I think Willie, Linden, and JB know what they have. From a hockey and business standpoint, it was mission accomplished: 3 games in the playoffs, some experience for young guys like Horvat, Lack, and Kennins, and easier decisions on who to get rid of in the off-season. This was the plan at the start of the season. This was always going to be a rebuilding year - they over achieved quite frankly. It just sucks seeing them getting taken to school by a bunch of young guys with nothing to lose. Plus, Hartley is a douche which hurts even more.
I'm sure this would please Tegra, but I just wanted the Canucks to beat the Flames. Would not be upset if they crashed out in the second round... and not just saying that now. This was my mentality before even the series started.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:14 AM   #9682
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Hopefully McDavid is a party animal like Seguin and Chiarelli trades him to his buddy Benning. hahah I can only dream..

Side note, Baerstchi is on line with Bonino and Vrbata.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #9683
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Flames are built for the playoffs just like the Los Angeles kings
Old 04-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #9684
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Anyone notice this during the game? Was scratching my head when that happened, like wtf was that?

Robert Söderlind
‏@HockeyWebCast
Deryk Engelland shoves Daniel Sedin... Sedin picks up Engelland's stick and hands it to him.

Video here:

her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #9685
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
Anyone notice this during the game? Was scratching my head when that happened, like wtf was that?

Robert Söderlind
‏@HockeyWebCast
Deryk Engelland shoves Daniel Sedin... Sedin picks up Engelland's stick and hands it to him.

Video here:

https://twitter.com/HockeyWebCast/st...20642784002048
Yah, I saw. I know the twins are gentlemen and all, but danny just made himself look like a bitch on national tv. I thought he was pushing the stick away at first, but when danny bends down to pick it up... Sigh...

Its why we are called a soft team, because our leaders on the team do things and react to things like a pansies.
That to me was softer and more embarassing than getting punched in the face repeatedly by marchand.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #9686
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post

The thing I'm most choked about is that out of all 8 teams in the West, we drew the weakest team in the West next to us and we don't even take advantage of that. I would be totally fine if a team like Anaheim or LA swept us in 4.

Credit to the flames though for sticking with their game and getting better as the series goes on.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #9687

Wideman bobble head punch Daniel sedin a few times before he stopped... Game 3

Sedins can play until over 40 with the cycling game. We always lack secondary scoring, maybe it's time to bump sedin to 2nd line and look for real rugged first liners
Old 04-22-2015, 01:40 PM   #9688

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
Wideman bobble head punch Daniel sedin a few times before he stopped... Game 3

Sedins can play until over 40 with the cycling game. We always lack secondary scoring, maybe it's time to bump sedin to 2nd line and look for real rugged first liners

This roster line up of putting the Sedins on the second line and younger, tougher player on the first is similar to what the Sharks do. Thornton and Marleau are split up to be on two separate lines:

Joe Pavelski
Joe Thornton
Melker Karlsson

Patrick Marleau
Logan Couture
Tomas Hertl

Those line combos did nothing for the Sharks anyways this season.

The problem is that Sedins do not play as well on separate lines. Is Horvat ready to be a first line centre?

The bigger problem is that our wingers are old. Higgy and Burrows aren't consistent scorers anymore.

We need younger wingers, who are not only rugged, but are fast skaters.

Team speed and size are two areas where the Canucks need improvement big time. Henrik and Daniel are slow as snails.

Otherwise, this team is going nowhere.

Last edited by pastarocket; 04-22-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #9689
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
long story short, we need to get some more luck in prospect selection and prospect development.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #9690
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
I don't think MacT can ever get fired in Edmonton. They would just move him into a different role. Aside from the Seguin trade, Chiarelli has proven he can build a winner... just not sustainable under the cap.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #9691

They're in a catch 22 situation. You get rid of the Sedins, who's going to make up the 130pts between the both of them? You keep them around but there isn't anyone on the team ready to take over the first line offensively. But if you keep them around, the culture effectively stays the same and this is the same team where the other players are built around them. We've enjoyed way too much of the Sedins over the years and the reliance on them shows. No ones cares if secondary scoring shows up when they're beating on bottom feeders. I don't know how they can be seen as a balanced team when you have someone like Higgins who can barely score now play on the second line.

I didn't expect them to make the playoffs but it's all veneer on the walls. And the stupid loyalty they show to players is annoying. Either push guys like KB3 down or trade them. It's gotten to the point where there is too much risk too often for his sometimes high reward.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #9692

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
This roster line up of putting the Sedins on the second line and younger, tougher player on the first is similar to what the Sharks do. Thornton and Marleau are split up to be on two separate lines:

Joe Pavelski
Joe Thornton
Melker Karlsson

Patrick Marleau
Logan Couture
Tomas Hertl

Those line combos did nothing for the Sharks anyways this season.

The problem is that Sedins do not play as well on separate lines. Is Horvat ready to be a first line centre?

The bigger problem is that our wingers are old. Higgy and Burrows aren't consistent scorers anymore.

We need younger wingers, who are not only rugged, but are fast skaters.

Team speed and size are two areas where the Canucks need improvement big time. Henrik and Daniel are slow as snails.

Otherwise, this team is going nowhere.
We need better centres. Henrik, Bonino, Vey, Richardson, Horvat, Matthias.

To me, I can only trust Horvat and Richardson on a key faceoff.

Plus we don't have any secondary threats. Other teams know that if they shut down the Sedins, they can shut down the Canucks. No matter how you roll 4 lines during a game, it's meaningless when your second and third lines are not doing anything.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:45 PM   #9693
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Whether you keep the sedins or not, the result is the same
Old 04-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #9694
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
If Kevin Lowe is his boss, it won't matter who the GM is, honestly. Kevin Lowe will micromanage the shit out of him and the players as he always has.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #9695
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Canucks and playoffs
I wasn't born yet in 82, but that was one of those cinderella stories

94 team was clutch, gritty and played with a lot of heart. sadly lost to fucking messier

2011 team had expectations to get shit done, team crumbled. injuries or not, the team was horrendous from game 3-7 finals

this year? not a lot of expectations... BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS THE EFFORT

TV put this up..tho.. hello zack smith's woman
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #9696
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
^ I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed for eating cookies.

That said... look what NHL money buys. How do I say this politely.. Dale Weise isn't much of a looker (#nohomo) and look at the piece of tail he lands.

Shallow bitches... fuck how I wish I had enough money to afford thee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 04-22-2015, 04:49 PM   #9697
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
We need better centres. Henrik, Bonino, Vey, Richardson, Horvat, Matthias.

To me, I can only trust Horvat and Richardson on a key faceoff.

Plus we don't have any secondary threats. Other teams know that if they shut down the Sedins, they can shut down the Canucks. No matter how you roll 4 lines during a game, it's meaningless when your second and third lines are not doing anything.
Amongst the 380 forwards that played at least 41 games this season, these are our player's rankings in Even-Strength Points per 60 minutes:
  • 17 - Daniel Sedin (2.55)
  • 29 - Henrik Sedin (2.37)
  • 40 - Radim Vrbata (2.23)
  • 67 - Nick Bonino (2.08)
  • 74 - Brad Richardson (2.05)
  • 99 - Chris Higgins (1.96)
  • 116 - Bo Horvat (1.88)
  • 134 - Jannik Hansen (1.82)
  • 141 - Zack Kassian (1.79)
  • 165 - Alexandre Burrows (1.69)
  • 182 - Shawn Matthias (1.63)
  • 199 - Derek Dorsett (1.56)
  • 273 - Linden Vey (1.28)
  • 378 - Brandon McMillan (0.46)
Aside from Vey and McMillan, our forwards did pretty well in the regular season.

1st line (Top 90) production: D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Vrbata, Bonino, Richardson
2nd line (Top 180) production: Higgins, Horvat, Hansen, Kassian, Burrows
3rd line (Top 270) production: Matthias, Dorsett
4th line production: Vey, McMillan

Richardson is ridiculously underrated. Top 90 even-strength production while battling injuries all season plus he's easily our top penalty killer.

Vey's a lead balloon, which most of us are well aware of, yet he played 75 games, averaged over 11 minutes of even-strength TOI/game, and was on the 1st unit PP for most of the season.

McMillan was outproduced by goons ... Let that sink in for a minute ... John fucking Scott had almost TWICE the even-strength production Brandon McMillan had (0.85 p/60 vs. 0.46 p/60) ... John fucking Scott ...

Like I said earlier in the season, I'd much rather us have kept a guy like Sestito in the lineup over guys like Vey (McMillan wasn't on the team at the time, but throw him in there, too). At least a guy like Sestito brings SOMETHING to the table. Vey and McMillan bring nothing. And ... Baertschi watches us get destroyed from the press box.

The major issue is we have 1 guy with size (Matthias, who plays small) and only a few guys with speed. Our D can't move the puck because, in order to have a transition game, our forwards are cheating out of the zone early, leaving few, if any, options. And, of course, we have a crippled Bieksa paired with Sbisa, who is Sbisa.

Last edited by Jmac; 04-22-2015 at 04:56 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #9698

^ this guys post has more effort than the canucks in game 3 and 4
Old 04-22-2015, 05:01 PM   #9699
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post

Robert Söderlind
‏@HockeyWebCast

Video here:

https://twitter.com/HockeyWebCast/st...20642784002048

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2015, 05:08 PM   #9700
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Baertschi pretty confirmed to play game 5. I wonder who's out, hopefully Vey.
Burrows out for the series.
Miller will start.
Closed Thread