REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #10201
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/04/f...-canucks-loss/
Advertisement
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Old 04-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #10202
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Well then.....
Old 04-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #10203
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,273 Times in 1,631 Posts
LOL wow
Spoiler!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #10204
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
That's a kick in the balls lol
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2015, 08:44 PM   #10205
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
how i looked at my nuck buddies on the other couch at my house with 20 seconds left

2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2015, 08:44 PM   #10206
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Baertschi looks super weak with the puck. Not sure if it's because he's small but he needs to get stronger.
He made me super nervous with some of his plays.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:44 PM   #10207
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Benning has his work cut out for him in the offseason. Defence wins championships. Fix it Jim!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #10208
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
I know Miller isn't 100%, but we can't give up 5 and expect to win.

A goalie can't ask for a better lead than 3-0 in the first.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #10209
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

SIGH.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #10210
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

There's so much wrong with that. Miller admits not being 100%, but you play him anyway. Miller's like Lu, you don't know who you'll get. WD could've pulled him after 4-4 but doesn't.

Still, don't think it would've made a difference on who was in net, worst defensive coverage in years.

WD schooled. Hopefully he learns. Would hate to see the young blood coming up being held back in favour of THIS.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2015, 08:58 PM   #10211
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
was hoping for a miracle that we could somehow make it to round 2 to injure kesler
Old 04-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #10212
x_x

With all the shitty things going on with the Canucks Im just really impressed with Bo Horvat and his performance this year. He seemed to get better each game and gained more confidence. The excellent faceoffs, incredible wheels/dangles, and strength down low. Even throughout this playoff series he's had a huge impact. I recall a sequence today on that penalty Calgary took (delayed call) during our 3-0 lead he basically went end to end dangling through the entire team and almost scored what would of been a highlight reel goal. It's those flashes of greatness we've seen from him that get me excited for the future.

Also hope Sven can come back even stronger next year and make the team.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2015, 09:25 PM   #10213
I don't get it

Sigh. Its just so deflating knowing how we lost this one. Never mind the bs call on mcmillian which the refs handed a pp to the flame, its how we blew that 3 goal lead. The sbisas giveaway was classic sbisa, but the canucks were just sitting back till they got tied up.
I wonder if benning and linden would consider blowing this team up.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #10214
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,273 Times in 1,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmhaze View Post
With all the shitty things going on with the Canucks Im just really impressed with Bo Horvat and his performance this year. He seemed to get better each game and gained more confidence. The excellent faceoffs, incredible wheels/dangles, and strength down low. Even throughout this playoff series he's had a huge impact. I recall a sequence today on that penalty Calgary took (delayed call) during our 3-0 lead he basically went end to end dangling through the entire team and almost scored what would of been a highlight reel goal. It's those flashes of greatness we've seen from him that get me excited for the future.

Also hope Sven can come back even stronger next year and make the team.
This is exactly why I bought his jersey. He has made this team better beginning as a 19 year old. He just recently turned 20. I look forward to what he will bring next season.
Spoiler!
Old 04-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #10215
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cow20xx View Post
Sigh. Its just so deflating knowing how we lost this one. Never mind the bs call on mcmillian which the refs handed a pp to the flame, its how we blew that 3 goal lead. The sbisas giveaway was classic sbisa, but the canucks were just sitting back till they got tied up.
I wonder if benning and linden would consider blowing this team up.
Most likely not. Management won't allow it. Too much money to be made.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #10216

barzal plx
Old 04-25-2015, 10:24 PM   #10217

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Well...look on the brightside guys...

At least Tegra_Devil has to rock that avatar for the next 6 months
Old 04-25-2015, 10:30 PM   #10218
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Any team that blows a 3 goal lead, especially in an elimination game deserves to lose. Congrats on the win, to all the Flame fans all around.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2015, 10:33 PM   #10219
HELP ME PLS!!!

Moving forward, I don't see us having much playoff success with our current aging, slow and stale core. If this team isn't gonna blow it up and rebuild. I think we will only be mediocre for the next few seasons (3-5 years), until the young guys that we either sign as UFA or develop from rookies to step it up and replace our current core. I'm not even talking about this season specifically, for the last few seasons, this team has lost its intensity, and the will to compete and sustain a full 60 minutes.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #10220
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I'm still 11th on the bracket...

But the Hawks won in 6 so I got that going for me which is nice

Let's go Rangers! Lol
Old 04-25-2015, 10:56 PM   #10221
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Moving forward, I don't see us having much playoff success with our current aging, slow and stale core. If this team isn't gonna blow it up and rebuild. I think we will only be mediocre for the next few seasons (3-5 years), until the young guys that we either sign as UFA or develop from rookies to step it up and replace our current core. I'm not even talking about this season specifically, for the last few seasons, this team has lost its intensity, and the will to compete and sustain a full 60 minutes.
If fans stop accepting mediocre by buying less and less tickets, that would send a big message to Aquilini and management to blow the core up.

Although I cannot speak for you guys, I know that I find the current state of the team, especially our aging wingers and weak sauce defence unacceptable!

How can game ticket buyers, season ticket holders pay so much money to watch this shit show in the post season year after year???

We suffered long enough with so many disappointments in the playoffs. Forget about the losses to Chicago, tonight's loss for me is rock bottom. No fucking killer instinct with this team that had a three goal lead.

Bieksa and Higgins are some of the veterans that Benning needs to get rid of.

-went to two home games this far by buying tickets off a friend, a season ticket holder. I will support this team but not buying anymore tickets. Watching all games on TV instead.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:34 PM   #10222

its like you guys expect the team to be competitive every year while turning out top prospects every couple of years. thats not realistic, unless you are detroit.
face it, the canucks are in a transition now, you should be glad we were constantly making the playoffs and being competitive. not many teams can do that. they want to remain at least mediocre for their new prospects. a shitty, losing environment is not something that will help prospects grow. would you prefer being like toronto and constantly placing 9th or 10th for years? or be like edm and throw your prospects to the dogs. rnh, hall, yakupov have all been ruined. no matter how good they are, the injuries and shit show that they have been through has left them with 0% chance of hitting the level they should of been at

this team has a solid group of forward prospects in baert(2nd/3rd w), horvat(2/3 c), mccann(2/3 c), virtanen(1/2w), shinkaruk(2/3 w), gaunce(3/4w), and cassels(3/4c). those players are all within 3-4yrs of each other, they have ability to play with each other in the ahl or nhl, and become the new core, if they all make the nhl. add to that we are going to have anywhere from the 17-20th pick this year, and the draft is stacked with centers. after the 7th pick zacha, barzal, harkins, konenchy, white, erikkson will still be around. 3-5 of those have first line potential. we have a couple of d prospects who could fill the 3-6 range, and a good looking goalie in demko.

we have expendable parts that can help us acquire other needed prospects such as dmen, or to move up in the draft with kassian, jensen, higgins/hansen, lack/markstrom.

bieksa/hamhuis will not waive in the offseason, trade deadline is possible but i still doubt it. higgins probably wont be moved as he just had a kid + limited ntc

tldr version: bitching fans have been spoiled too long by a team that can make the playoffs. its a transition, dont expect cups, be happy with a winning regular season and playoffs. team has enough good 2way prospects to be relevant in about 3 years & theres a chance at 1st line center in the draft.

Last edited by dbaz; 04-25-2015 at 11:57 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2015, 11:44 PM   #10223
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Man, shut the fuck up about the pool we don't give a shit about

Srs
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2015, 11:58 PM   #10224
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Most of us here realize that the Canucks overachieved this season given what they have, no question. But we're looking at this on a micro level. Even if they were the best of the mediocre teams and clinched a playoff spot and we should be happy, you're still in the playoffs so you should be putting the best product you have on the ice. What sense does it make when you have Horvat who has been one of the best players in the series play fewer minutes than players like Dorsett who was struggling all game.

But then they also lose in the fashion that they do repeatedly. This team who have had their share of catastrophic meltdowns in recent years still manage to find a way to push that bar further down with this series loss and while the Flames were the better team the series was anyone's to take.

So when you have a coaching staff who seems to be resisting at playing the younger guys more there's reason for concern moving forward as to what opportunities guys like Shinkaruk, Jensen, Corrado and co. will have if and when they make the team. Fans have already accepted the fact last year that we'll deal with the growing pains and mistakes of the younger guys if we get to see them more on the ice.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 04-26-2015, 04:07 AM   #10225
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

-went to two home games this far by buying tickets off a friend, a season ticket holder. I will support this team but not buying anymore tickets.
if you bought tix off a season ticket holder, you haven't given the Canucks anything, lol.