REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-07-2015, 07:58 AM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
So? Good experience? Good pricing? I bet the car feels like it has more torque now yeah?
Advertisement
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #27
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
So? Good experience? Good pricing? I bet the car feels like it has more torque now yeah?
I'm still in the break-in period but it honestly feels like a new car. Wish I had done this months ago! Pricing was slightly on the high side, but not out of wack for other local shops. I went with IWE because of there reputation, and it seems to of worked out as I basically have no gear whine.

Only slight issue i'm having is a speed specific vibration at a bit over 100km/h.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2015, 09:31 AM   #28
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Do you know if IWE indexed the flange connections? The Ford service manual says to mark them for proper alignment before disconnecting. (section 205-01)

It's one of the suspects for people who have re-geared and had vibration/failures.
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2015, 10:55 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_slo View Post
Do you know if IWE indexed the flange connections? The Ford service manual says to mark them for proper alignment before disconnecting. (section 205-01)

It's one of the suspects for people who have re-geared and had vibration/failures.
Interesting. I have no idea. Is it something I can check myself? They've decided answering my emails are only important before I spend the money...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 01-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Interesting. I have no idea. Is it something I can check myself? They've decided answering my emails are only important before I spend the money...
Yep, crawl under car with a good light. Should see marking in sharpie/grease pen/chalk etc. if they thought of it. Should've been marked at the transmission side and the pinion.

Manual also says never to hammer the parts to get in/out, only pry in specific spots. You could look for signs of it being bashed, but I'm not certain how critical that is...

This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2015, 11:31 AM   #31

I will do so. Thanks!

Assuming they didn't, is there a way to find out where it should be? Or should I just unbolt it at the diff, spin it one bolt hole and re-bolt it up and road test until i've gone in a full circle?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 01-08-2015, 11:38 AM   #32

If you can't see any marks you're stuck with the turning and testing method. Unless you make them fix it.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #33

^ I climbed under and didn't see any mark... Weird for such a reputable shop. Although not surprising now that they're ignoring my emails. I will take a closer look with a better light later in case i missed it.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 01-08-2015, 11:04 PM   #34
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Probably going to be the only one here posting negative experience, but a friend and I brought an RX-7 there for a final drive change. After an hour driving home the rear end was making all sorts of noise and blew. Towed the car back and they claimed faulty parts (we brought our own to them), they were willing to put in a diff they had on the shelf but we had to pay for parts and labour again. Wasn't the best experience in the world.
Deepstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #35

^ Wish you had posted that a few weeks ago LOL.

With that said I called and asked to speak with the lady I sent the emails to, was told she wasn't in as she was sick. That's why she didn't answer my emails. Fair enough.

Spoke with another person about the issue i'm having, he confirmed they marked the driveshaft and put it back in the same way. I forgot to ask if he put the gears in but it sounded like it from how much info he had on my car/the install. He also sounded confident when i ran the things i have heard by him that they were not the issue.

Basically i'm going to have the driveshaft balanced as he still feels that's the root cause, and if not they're going to go back into the diff and see what's up.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 01-09-2015, 08:10 PM   #36
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Have you thoroughly researched this? I am certainly no expert or even very experienced on the matter, but that seems like quite a leap.
dfhjyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:30 PM   #37

What seems like quite a leap?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT