REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
well, this thread got weird
Advertisement
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2014, 01:18 AM   #27
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Look...those dogs aren't your pet dog. They're animals bred for food just like any other animal bred for food and it's meat just like any other meat.

That being said, I could totally butcher a cow or a chicken or a pig or whatever but I'm not sure I want to handle a dead dog like that.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #28
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
No idea about China but this is not uncommon in Vietnam. Better not let that pet dog out of your sight because it's as good as dead if you do.
Sorry but this is not correct. Sure it happens but not to the extreme that you are trying to imply.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
if two men are sexually engaged, they might not necessarily both be gay. but you can almost 100% be certain the one who's dick is getting rubbed the right way is the gay one.

unless you're in an american prison. apparently there it's not gay. lol.

After X number of years in the joint everyone is going to have had some man-on-man at some point just to get off pretty much

When you think abiout it, if you could have sex with women while in jail it would actually almost be a twisted paradise of some sorts. MUCH better than being homeless you'd think:

Wake up safe in your free bed next to a woman. When you get up she leaves. Go shower and get fed for free. Go to a workshop and make something simple like license plates. After a 2 hour shift you get to have sex with an STD-free prostitute employed by the jail, or, say a girlfriend who visits you once before noon and sleeps over at night. Then have lunch. Go outside and work out or play some sports, shoot the shit with other guys. Back inside for some more labour or schoolwork until 4-5 PM. Dinner. Then back to your cell to read a book, watch TV and have sex with your ho/girlfriend until lights out at 10 or whatever.

Not bad, sounds like fun for awhile!

I think jail is WORSE because you lose access to women over freedom. Losing freedom sucks, but losing access to women is the worst part about it.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #30
GS8

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #31
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
They're animals bred for food just like any other animal bred for food and it's meat just like any other meat.
Do you know this for a fact?

Pigs, cows, and chickens have been bred for thousands of years to be food. They are docile, and pretty much enjoy their lives being fed all day. (despite the BS you see of miserable cows being penned up, most actually have access to plenty of room. And when it's time to go in to eat, they're just as happy as they are being led out)

Dogs have been bred for thousands of years to be guardians, protectors, and companions. It's a relatively new thing for them to be thrown into cages, kept in captivity, then basically tortured before being cooked. And besides, like I said before, most of these dogs aren't bred as meat. They're usually stray mongrels rounded up by dog catchers, thrown into cages, and eaten.

I don't know of any dog farms that exist to breed them for food. The whole reason they eat them is because they're basically free meat; for poor people, meat is very expensive usually.

Obviously they're not eating pure bred dogs, although if one gets away and is spotted, I'm sure it gets collected just like any other.

I have no idea whether these food-dog farms exist. If you know this for a fact, I'm interested to hear more about them. Because AFAIK, my account is more accurate. It sure seems more plausible... Why would you have farms to raise dogs when there are so many roaming the streets that you can snatch up and eat?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2014, 06:41 PM   #32
HELP ME PLS!!!

Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) - What is a CAFO? | Region 7 | US EPA
Old 06-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #33
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

I have no idea whether these food-dog farms exist. If you know this for a fact, I'm interested to hear more about them. Because AFAIK, my account is more accurate. It sure seems more plausible... Why would you have farms to raise dogs when there are so many roaming the streets that you can snatch up and eat?
Stray dogs would be killed...not left roaming around causing a nuisance.
There's a demand from restaurants for dog meat. So a reliable source from a dog farmer is how they get their meat.
And a farm can be someone backyard.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #34
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
sick fucks...

Not all animals are meant to eaten you need to draw the line somewhere. I swear humans are the most cruel and evil creatures on earth. I hope everyone that participated in the event catches rabies from the meat.

For the people that say its not any different from eating a cow or a pig. A cow and a pig get bolt to the head with a pressurized air gun and die immediately without any pain, torture or sufferings, and just like skinny pupp explained they almost like the life of eating and sleeping all day. These dogs get tortured for hours/days before they get a dull knife to the neck without any humane standards.

Atleast in most of the world Slaughter houses are regulated and inspected for both humane slaughtering and food safety.

According to wiki...

Quote:
Canada[edit]
In Canada, the handling and slaughter of food animals is a shared responsibility of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), industry, stakeholders, transporters, operators and every person who handles live animals. Canadian law requires that all federally registered slaughter establishments ensure that all species of food animals are handled and slaughtered humanely. The CFIA verifies that federal slaughter establishments are compliant with the Meat Inspection Regulations. The CFIA's humane slaughter requirements take effect when the animals arrive at the federally registered slaughter establishment. Industry is required to comply with the Meat Inspection Regulations for all animals under their care. The Meat Inspection Regulations define the conditions for the humane slaughter of all species of food animals in federally registered establishments. Some of the provisions contained in the regulations include:

guidelines and procedures for the proper unloading, holding and movement of animals in slaughter facilities
requirements for the segregation and handling of sick or injured animals
requirements for the humane slaughter of food animals[7]
United Kingdom[edit]
Animal slaughter in the UK is governed under both its own laws and EU law regarding slaughter. The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) is the main governing body responsible for legislation and codes of practice covering animal slaughter in the UK.

In the UK the methods of slaughter are largely the same as those used in the United States with some differences. The use of captive bolt equipment and electrical stunning are approved methods of stunning sheep, goats, cattle and calves for consumption[6]- with the use of gas reserved for swine.[8]

United States[edit]
In the United States, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) specifies the approved methods of livestock slaughter:[9]

Each of these methods is outlined in detail, and the regulations require that inspectors identify operations which cause "undue" "excitement and discomfort" of animals.

In 1958, the law that is enforced today by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) was passed as the Humane Slaughter Act of 1978. This Act requires the proper treatment and humane handling of all food animals slaughtered in USDA inspected slaughter plants. It does not apply to chickens or other birds.[10]
So yes a poor scared sick dog trapped in a cage with other dogs with no room to move in the blazing sun for days until slaughtered alive by some fucked up people is much different than a cow living in a clean environment with plenty to eat and plenty of room to move with no diseases and slaughtered in a humane way.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #35
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

riff raff must hate china
moldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:37 AM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Dogs have been bred for thousands of years to be guardians, protectors, and companions. It's a relatively new thing for them to be thrown into cages, kept in captivity, then basically tortured before being cooked.
THIS

/Thread.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #37
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
"cows" were domesticated to be draft/worker animals around 10,000 years ago to haul goods, plow lands, etc they were a sign of wealth
dogs were domesticated 30k years ago to be working/hunting animals and supposedly didn't become pets on a widespread scale until after WW2 (thats from wiki noting Mark Derr) and even then they wouldn't begin to stay in the house until after the 60's

so what that westerners decided to change the relationship of the working animal to pet around 70yrs ago? (they used to eat dog meat pre-war)

Americans depended on dog meat in the 20th century
South Koreans continue to eat dog meat on a widespread scale
Canada still allows dog meat for sale as long as its inspected
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat
yada yada yadda this is being made too big of a deal! I wouldn't consider trying it or eating at a place that serves it but I'm fine with the fact that there are those who would eat it
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2014, 01:14 AM   #38
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Again I don't understand why it's cruel and unusual to eat dogs but perfectly okay to eat cows and chicken and pigs. There are breeding farms that breed dogs for the purpose of consumption, how is that any different than beef and chicken? Is eating kangaroos not okay? Is eating insects not okay? Rabbits? Guinea pigs? What about snakes? Just because the western culture finds dogs adorable should not mean that they should trample on other people's traditional cuisines. Some places like India treat cows which we massacre as Gods.

For me it's not about the dogs, it's the fucked up reasoning behind the event.

"Under the Yulin tradition, eating dog and lychee and drinking liquor on the solstice is supposed to make people stay healthy during winter. It is unclear if the supposed health benefits diminish if the feast occurs before the actual solstice."

BULLSHIT.

"Under Murica tradition, eating big macs and fries while drinking boxed wine on the 4th of July is supposed to give muricans golden piss."

Last edited by Yodamaster; 06-22-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Real? Fake?

Vendor Tortures Dogs To Push Dog Lovers To Buy At High Price
At 9:00 on the 20th, in Yulin dog meat market, A vendor shouts"You buying? If you don't buy, I clip it to death!" Trying to get some of the more emotional shoppers to buy his 'goods'

Vendors say they do so because those dog lovers are making trouble at otherwise normal market.

"Buy it? 600!" Yells the vendor.

A trio of dog carers has been spending a lot of money buying over a dozen dogs in the market.
They had to bargain with the dog sellers, hoping a little cheaper.

"500! ...... 400!" Dog traders trying to stop Zhao Jie's (of the 3) outcry.

Eventually, Zhao Jie to 350 yuan to buy a dog.

Last edited by multicartual; 06-22-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #40
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
ban multicartual for posting that video. that shit is fucked.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

????????
Old 06-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #42

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Spoiler that shit y0!
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

K sorry!!!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #44
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
I've learned to be a little more objective on matters as I've gotten older, although I hate the idea of eating dog due to my emotional attachment, its unfair for me to judge it as wrong if the animal was raised to be food and killed in the most humane way possible. I eat meat, and I don't believe anyone who doesn't should judge me for that, but if I saw someone TORTURING an animal or even threatening to, especially a dog, I'd fucking beat them until they were unable to breathe without the help of a machine.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #45
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 10:46 AM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #46
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Those people look more like animals than the dogs themselves.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2015, 02:27 PM   #47
GS8

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Summer Solstice, so you know what that means!

Yulin dog meat festival: Business 'booming' despite international outcry over cruel tradition - Asia - World - The Independent
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #48

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
I thought this thread should've ended with the first reply.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #49
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
I thought this thread should've ended with the first reply.
As I explained in my reply, you can't compare this to farming chickens and pigs, or even hunting turkey and deer. Ronin is incorrect in saying these dogs are bred for this festival. They aren't - the people go around the villages rounding up "strays" (that are often more pets than strays). Villagers have taken up to defending their dogs, to the point of physical altercation.

Like I said in my reply, I have nothing against people who want to eat dog meat. However rounding them up into cages isn't like farming or hunting. And you see how they treat them too (they idiotically think that torturing them makes them taste better)

There are some things fine with this practice, but specifically what these people are doing is fucked up.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #50
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Well shit, I assumed they were all the same breed and thus bred for food since they all seem to look the same. No one is eating poodles. They all look like that muscled, short hair breed.

But if someone's stealing pets for food, that's fucked.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote