REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Nissan Dealerships

Anyone have any good experiences with any GVRD nissan dealerships for service?

Got a new nissan, want to get a good track record with one of the service depts
Advertisement
sashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
just see the Google Reviews.

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...couver&lrd=lrd
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #3
I STILL don't get it

I recommend Downtown Nissan. Great service, they provide you with shuttle service or they get a taxi (they pay the taxi bill). Their lounge is awesome, free Wi-Fi, awesome courtesy coffee, hot chocolate and latte machine, nice big screen TV with satellite.

Any thing that is wrong with your car, they will warranty it with no hassle. I'm very picky when it comes to my car. I had both sets of factory HID headlamps replaced under warranty because it had some weird stains inside the headlamps. I had my side mirrors replaced because there was condensation in the side mirror turn signals. I had my drivers seat replaced because it made weird squeaky when I sat on it. I had my drivers side window trim replaced because it was warped slightly. I had my rear sway bar replaced because it made a squeaky noise. I had my rotors and pad replaced because it was making a slight squeaky noise.
platinum300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #4
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
You might want to avoid this guy.. especially if he offers you an ISF!

Downtown Nissan has a lot of problems with the "low cost" housing across the street.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Regency Infiniti/Nissan. Period.

They even do a decent job washing and vacuuming the cars. (Not that I let them touch mine...)

EDIT:

Oh and Fuck Morrey, and fuck southside, and fuck pan pacific.... I don't have an experience with DT nissan.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Bad experience with Morrey Nissan in burnaby... Salesman lied multiple times. Would of bought the car at the time if he had been honest.

When i first got there and asked about an inspection report, he tells me that it had been done at an Infiniti store, which i found odd, but whatever, and when i asked to see the aforementioned report he told me i couldn't, as his boss didn't pay for a copy of the report, just saw that it was "perfect" Yeah, how about fucking no.

He then tells me they will inspect it "again" themselves, so they do so, he calls me the next day and tells me as he said before, it is perfect and needs nothing. I ask him to email me a copy of the report, which he does so.

I get the report and lo and behold, a bunch of suspension items are marked as "replace now" or "repair immediately" Will not be going back.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #7
Who's naughty? I___i

Morrey Burnaby,
Service - Awesome crew there, Mike V is a great guy and his coworker Dean is pretty good too. Knows their stuff and would do as much as they can to help you. One small detail that bothers me is sometimes the tech would leave spots of grease or dirt on the door sill plate or interior plastic which is hard to wipe clean.

Pan Pacific Richmond,
Service - started taking my vehicle to this dealer because it's much closer than Morrey and the two visits so far are okay, pretty fast turn around for oil change.
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,252 Posts
I'm surprised that nissan dealers don't have computers for finance/lease calculations. Went to check out the rogue, sales told me that management decided that computers were not worth the hassle and then brings out a 4" binder.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

West Coast Nissan has terrible customer service, bought a car there last month.. terrible customer service. Would have walked away but my nephew really wanted the car.

2022 Tacoma TRD Sport - SOLD
2020 Tacoma TRD Sport - SOLD
2017 4Runner Limited - SOLD
2014 Tacoma V6 6spd - SOLD
2012 Honda Pilot EX-L - SOLD
2006 Lexus IS250 RWD- SOLD
2003 Accord Coupe V6 - SOLD
1992 Accord - SOLD
gurdeep007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Bad experience with Morrey Nissan in burnaby... Salesman lied multiple times. Would of bought the car at the time if he had been honest.

When i first got there and asked about an inspection report, he tells me that it had been done at an Infiniti store, which i found odd, but whatever, and when i asked to see the aforementioned report he told me i couldn't, as his boss didn't pay for a copy of the report, just saw that it was "perfect" Yeah, how about fucking no.

He then tells me they will inspect it "again" themselves, so they do so, he calls me the next day and tells me as he said before, it is perfect and needs nothing. I ask him to email me a copy of the report, which he does so.

I get the report and lo and behold, a bunch of suspension items are marked as "replace now" or "repair immediately" Will not be going back.
Google Review...you're not the only one https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...nissan&lrd=lrd
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #11

Why are Burnaby or Kingsway dealers so shady?
Old 06-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #12
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
I've had good experiences with the Southside parts department.. of course that says nothing about sales..
Old 06-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashi View Post
Anyone have any good experiences with any GVRD nissan dealerships for service?

Got a new nissan, want to get a good track record with one of the service depts
are you trying to build a good record just for resale value of your car?
I don't know if it's worth it.

a perfectly fine 10 year old car might worth $6,000 with no records for example, and with all the dealer maintenance/repair records, it might worth $6,500 or $7,000 just because people are willing to pay for a piece of mind.

But now you're talking about $500 to $1,000 difference, which is $50 to $100 a year for a course of 10 years.

I wouldn't mind if the maintenance records were from well reputable private shop.. and you'll be saving shitload of money on labour.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #14
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
are you trying to build a good record just for resale value of your car?
I don't know if it's worth it.

a perfectly fine 10 year old car might worth $6,000 with no records for example, and with all the dealer maintenance/repair records, it might worth $6,500 or $7,000 just because people are willing to pay for a piece of mind.

But now you're talking about $500 to $1,000 difference, which is $50 to $100 a year for a course of 10 years.

I wouldn't mind if the maintenance records were from well reputable private shop.. and you'll be saving shitload of money on labour.
In terms of money, no its not worth it, but if you love your car it's worth it.

It's nice to be able to walk in and be treated well, and know that any problems will be sorted out as best as possible, and that's exactly where a good relationship with your dealer is the greatest benefit.

^This is coincidentally where Regency excels, unlike a lot of other dealers I have been to the staff there are not constantly changing, most of the core people have been there for a long time. So they know you as a customer, and that's nice.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #15
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Any salesman recommendations at Downtown Nissan?
moldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:00 AM   #16
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldex View Post
Any salesman recommendations at Downtown Nissan?
Talk to Paul Hui he'll go the extra mile for you.
SilverBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2015, 01:34 AM   #17
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Worst experience ever @ Morrey Nissan with David Kwan. I never thought I could be convinced out of buying a car lmao.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2015, 06:16 AM   #18
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I would stay the fuck away from Pan Pacific Nissan service department, had a terrible experience. Rob at the parts department is awesome though he hooked it up and was able to get OEM JDM parts.
gramser57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #19
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

What about North Van Nissan?
moldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:45 AM   #20
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Campus Nissan in Victoria gave us a 1-way taxi voucher, expected us to pay our own way back.

Like, what the fuck?
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xu.Vi View Post
Worst experience ever @ Morrey Nissan with David Kwan. I never thought I could be convinced out of buying a car lmao.
Sorry for the long read.

Wow. I'm glad im not the only one.

I had a brutal experience last year with Morrey.

I bought a 2007 G35S with 80km on. The night I took it home, low oil pressure light came on. I pulled over, had it towed even though there was oil in the car I was not taking a risk. The next day I had it taken to Morrey Nissan Burnaby where it was purchased from (im from Abbotsford). They question me if its actually the low oil pressure light, telling me "its probably the tire pressure sensor light". They were very apologetic, gave me a courtesy car and told me the car would be fixed the next day.

I receive a call from the service department saying the car was ready, everything was fixed so I leave work early (from Chilliwack) and head to Burnaby. They were very nice, took care of everything im on my way. Before I hit the highway, low oil pressure light comes back on, im furious. I turn around, go back and say wtf. Service guy says to me "oil pressure light?" We changed tire pressure sensors, you had "ghost codes" (Tire pressure light was not on)

The head tech comes out with me so I could show him the light, sure enough its the oil pressure light... Clearly they thought I was and idiot.

So back in the shop it goes, im on my way with a courtesy car yet again. The next day I get a call from the service department telling me the car is all good, ready to be picked up. I get out there they said they unplugged the oil pressure sensor, used a mechanical gauge, oil pressure is within spec leading to a faulty oil pressure sensor, so they replaced it.

Im happy its all over, I take the car drive around the area no light, so I head back to Abby. Over the next few days I began to smell burning oil. I couldn't exactly tell where it was coming from (I like to think of myself a pretty mechanically inclined) but I thought, I just spent 20k im not touching this thing.

I was done with Morrey. I called Abbotsford Nissan and booked in for an oil change (oil had 300km) on it, just to make sure they didnt put 20w50 or something to bump up the pressure. I took it in there without telling them the back story because I wanted them to do what they do and tell me if they see anything. Sure enough the tech comes out and says "your oil looks brand new" I tell them to do the oil change, I'll explain after. Car is finished, they do there "multipoint inspection" and tell me that the oil pressure sensor is leaking. I asked the tech if I could come take a look at what he is seeing. The oil pressure sensor was filthy, it looked to be original, not replaced 4 days prior. At this point, im infuriorated.

I call Morrey Nissan and tell them Im on my way with the car, they have some explaining to do. Car goes back in the shop, while I wait. Three hours later, car is done. They find a "cracked sub pan" where the pressure sensor is, covered in silicon. They missed this in there inspection? They never mentioned the silicon when they "replaced" the oil pressure sensor?

This is the invoice I was given, and sent me on my marry way with 4 "free" litres of oil because the car was still leaking

Recommending it not to be driven, yet they give me free oil to keep topping it up. That was the end of the road for me. Had an immediate meeting with the sales manager, who was more than apologetic, basically told me he would take care of anything on the car that I felt needed attention, or write me a cheque. I ended up giving the car back, right then an there. I saw the car a few weeks later for sale on there website, and feel awful for the sucker who bought it.

This was my first car purchased from a dealer of 30 that I've owned, and it was the worst experience ever.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: