REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Cops Who Shot Innocent Women Will Be Sent Back Into Field

Cops Who Shot Innocent Women Will Be Sent Back Into Field

Posted on: March 29th, 2014

Eight South-Californian police officers who mistakenly shot two innocent women during the hunt for a spree killer last February are returning to the field. The cops who shot at the wrong pickup truck over 100 times injuring both women will soon continue to work on California streets.

“I have confidence in their abilities as LAPD officers to continue to do their jobs in the same capacity they had been assigned,” said Police Chief Charlie Beck.
“In the end, we as an organization can learn from this incident and from the individuals involved.”

Former LAPD officer Christopher Dorner went on a killing spree in February 2013, leaving four people dead and three injured. LAPD organized one of the largest manhunts in its history, searching for Dorner in two U.S. states and Mexico.

On February 7, 48-year-old Margie Carranza and her 71-year-old mother Emma Hernandez were driving around delivering newspapers when their blue Toyota pickup was mistaken for Dorner’s gray Nissan Titan by the police. They fired more than 100 shots at the vehicle, injuring the women and demolishing the pickup. The city of Los Angeles agreed on a $4,200,000 settlement plus the $40,000 compensation for the truck. During the trial, Chief Charlie Beck claimed that all responsible officers would be severely punished.

“Discipline could be anywhere from extensive retraining up to termination,” said Beck, but the only disciplinary action was to place the officers on desk duty. A recent internal memo revealed that the officers will undergo additional training and then join their colleagues in patrolling the streets.

“I trust that the training will be extensive and the department and officers will move forward from this tragic incident stronger and wiser from the lessons learned,” said Steve Soboroff, the president of the civilian Police Commission.

Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
How news reaches Timpo
Old 06-24-2014, 12:45 AM   #3
I subscribe to Revscene

Apparently the media is covering up the Moncton shooter's motives as he may have known a man killed by the police a year earlier in which the verdict cleared the officers 2 weeks before he went on his shooting rampage. Possibly a revenge attack much like Dorner.
http://i.imgur.com/WE8sK4L.jpg
National Grieving or Unveiling of Police State Canada? | Veterans Today
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Apparently the media is covering up the Moncton shooter's motives as he may have known a man killed by the police a year earlier in which the verdict cleared the officers 2 weeks before he went on his shooting rampage. Possibly a revenge attack much like Dorner.
http://i.imgur.com/WE8sK4L.jpg
National Grieving or Unveiling of Police State Canada? | Veterans Today
That logic is like saying I got cold fries once so I'm gonna go punch other random mcdonalds employees.

Zero respect for people like this
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote