REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

A Letter from Credit Management Company

Hi Guys, I got question here: about credit rating. I had a problem with a car rental company due to their unfair business practice and crazily excessive charges. I filed a dispute complaint through my credit card company and after their investigation, I won the case.

Now the car rental company hires UCM (Unik Credit Management) to chase after me.

Do you think it will affect my credit rating? What would be the effect to me if I don't pay them?

Your advise and previous experience sharing would be very highly appreciated. I do not want to ruin my credit rating but I feel robbed to pay this company as well. The amount is about $2000.
Advertisement
GomGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
If you won the court case, file this under harassment
320icar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

No, I haven't gone to court yet about this case and I won the dispute through my credit card company. When I dispute it, my cc told me that they will investigate and contact the rental company. Then after few weeks my charges were credited back to me so I won the dispute.
GomGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
just for fun.. what happened to the car and why do they want so much money?
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
oh, then whatever. just call the company and tell them the case is pending, and they will cease. my apartment did the same with me when they have wrongfully disputed that i didn't give them a 30 day notice (which i have proof i gave them 40+ days notice, plus 3 reminders mid month) and yet they still filed a dispute with the rental board or wtv. i got letters and calls from some collection agency but i just let them know it was a pending case and to eff off.
320icar is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Makes me wonder about credit companies... if someone piss you off, can you hire a credit company to mess around with them? Credit companies take cases from any sketchy business without listening to the consumer's side of story?
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #7
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomes View Post
Makes me wonder about credit companies... if someone piss you off, can you hire a credit company to mess around with them? Credit companies take cases from any sketchy business without listening to the consumer's side of story?
Well if you are not hiding anything and have the prof that you don't owe the debt or case is pending and if the credit is still calling you can file it under harassment. Now don't just scream and yell at the agent or don't answer their calls. Take their call and explain what's going on and let them know if they try to contract you in anyway you will file for harassment.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote