REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #26
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Not to make his death sound like it's his fault or anything but I wonder if he went to riding school. It could be the difference betwen life and death having the knowledge they teach you. Especially being 16 years old and not having much experience driving on the road.

Either way rip as it is a very tragic story.
Advertisement
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #27
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyx View Post
Not to make his death sound like it's his fault or anything but I wonder if he went to riding school. It could be the difference betwen life and death having the knowledge they teach you. Especially being 16 years old and not having much experience driving on the road.

ok so who was at fault for this accident?
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #28
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Just because he might have been driving when he shouldn't doesn't mean he's actually at fault for the accident. Likewise, if the other driver was drunk that also doesn't mean they actually caused the accident.

The fault could be 100% on one of the drivers, or perhaps split (if they both made a mistake). You can't determine fault based on whether someone is driving when they shouldn't be (drunk, no license, no insurance, after dark). Fault should be determined by who made the mistake when driving (running a red light, turning in front of another driver, excessive speeding).

Though we all know it's probably the driver who ran (to avoid being caught drunk).
Oh, I am by no means entirely blaming the kid for the accident. But I find it hard to completely put the driver at fault since the kid shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
This makes me wonder, if he is at fault being out past his allowed time does that make it so his family would not be able to collect any money on his life due to his death??
That would seem to be a likely outcome, but there's always weird loopholes when it comes to situations like this.
Shakotan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #29
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
ok so who was at fault for this accident?
I don't think Ziggy's post was a matter of where blame lies; and his post does have merit.

There's a lot of riders out there who bypass going to Riding schools, but riding schools is more than just learning how to ride a bike and is also about learning how to stay alive in a bike.

They teach lane positioning, gap management, and applying the proper safety technique depending on one's every changing riding conditions ie. riding through an intersection with an oncoming traffic waiting to turn left, riding along side a curb lane with parked cars, riding through a blind corner, bridges, road debris, etc.

You can't completely avoid accidents but there's actually a lot a rider can do to prevent accidents that are no fault of his own. Whether the rider had formal training or not, and whether this meant this accident (though not his fault) could have been avoided or negated by him, does pose a legitimate question.... not necessarily for the him now, but very legitimate for current and future riders.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #30
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
No, i was gonna say it made no difference anyways. But it seems dangerous to me giving a small toothpick teenager a powerful bike to ride.
have you seen valentino rossi? im sure he weighs around 130-140 pounds... not to mention most of the women we see on bikes too.... size means nothing on a bike when a 3500+ pound hunk of metal hits you.

how did this turn into the kids fault or his parents fault...
92 Ford Festiva aka the FASTiva (Big GoKart)
08 GSX-R 600 (Sold)
90 Acura Integra Beater (Sold)
97 Jeep Tj Sahara (Sold)
93 Si Hatch Turbo'd IC'd 11 psi (Sold)
1992 Jeep Cherokee LTD (RIP)
1990 MitsubishEagle Talon Tsi (Sold)
brute_4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #31
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanks for clear in that up. Shows what i know about mtorbikes and the people that ride them.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote