REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Parent crashes rams RAM truck into stolen Hyundai (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696295-parent-crashes-rams-ram-truck-into-stolen-hyundai.html)

thumper 06-26-2014 12:56 PM

Parent crashes rams RAM truck into stolen Hyundai

Joyrider nearly collides with kids, chased down by cops - Autoblog
Quote:

Joyrider nearly collides with kids, chased down by cops

A 14-year-old joyrider was able to outrun police in Utah but couldn't make it around a protective parent in a pickup truck. According to KSTU Fox 13 News in Utah, the thieving youngster's grandfather reported the white Hyundai Veloster missing, and police were already searching for it. As it turns out, his grandson had taken it and was driving like a crazy person. He even sped through a park where children were playing and into a neighborhood (video below).

Eventually, one of the parents at the park had enough. When the Hyundai appeared to be coming back to the park, he hopped into his pickup to stop the out of control teen and put himself in harm's way. After the violent way he was stopped by an oncoming truck, the kid might think twice about stealing any more cars. Bystanders got most of the incident on cell phone videos, including the crash, and you can scroll down to watch them and the news report for a little more backstory.

320icar 06-26-2014 12:59 PM

Very old story, and was covered on here already pretty sure

thumper 06-26-2014 12:59 PM

Ram truck owner who stopped lawbreaking teen joyride gets truck repaired for free - Autoblog

Quote:

Ram truck owner who stopped lawbreaking teen joyride gets truck repaired for free
Veloster joyride ended by Ram pickup
By Chris BruceRSS feed
Posted Jun 5th 2014 4:31PM
CommentsAdd

Here is a story that should make you feel a little better about modern society. Bryson Rowley, the concerned man in Utah who put himself in danger to stop an out-of-control, joyriding teen, is getting his damaged pickup fixed free of charge.

It all occurred after a kid stole his grandfather's Hyundai Veloster. As part of a police chase, he went speeding through a park where children were playing and into a neighborhood. When it appeared that the pursuit was returning to the park, Rowley got into his Ram and drove into the little, white coupe instantly stopping it. However, after the collision, his truck needed a new front bumper.

People in the community have banded together to make sure that Rowley didn't have to pay for any repairs, according to Car Throttle. A company called Fusion Bumpers even shipped out a replacement to him. It's nice to see that people putting out a helping hand to repair the damage to his truck.

thumper 06-26-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8493678)
Very old story, and was covered on here already pretty sure

my bad. i saw the posting date as June 3 of this year and thought it was fairly current.

murd0c 06-26-2014 01:02 PM

if its older then two days it's not current lol

thumper 06-26-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8493682)
if its older then two days it's not current lol

yeah i get it. i tried searching but nothing came up. i'm not here 24/7 so i don't know every single posting... don't know why i bother posting anything here anymore. timpo and shark tank have things covered.

murd0c 06-26-2014 05:07 PM

It's all good, your posts matter and we like seeing them!!

StylinRed 06-26-2014 06:41 PM

the ram driver is an off duty cop, and as already mentioned... :D

J.C 06-26-2014 06:45 PM

fucking hyundai drivers

matrixfwd 06-27-2014 05:46 PM

I came in because I had some trouble understanding the title of this post.

FerrariEnzo 06-27-2014 06:11 PM

What if it happen here?

Would ICBC ding the person who stopped a stolen car??
will the police charge the person for dangerous driving for stopping the stolen vehicle??