REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:27 PM   #101
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I bet those people are all glad they have Canadian citizenship right now, because there's going to be a mass exodus in the coming years.
Ya which makes it sickening seeing how people in Hong Kong want to fight for their rights, yet the first sign of trouble, they flee HK without trying to protect it.

But then again, it just proves to the point that people from HK are no different than those from Mainland or from anywhere else in the world. People will always act in their own self interest. People in HK complain about mainlanders invading HK, or people in Canada complained about (in the 90s) Hongers going to Canada and now Mainlanders going to Canada, but it's all the same. If shit happens in China, Mainlanders flee. If shit happens in Hong Kong, Hongers flee. If shit ever happens in Canada, people will flee as well (hence lots of "Canadians" returning to Hong Kong due to a better job market.

In the end, no matter what you look like, where you are from, we are all humans and we all think the same.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #102
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Well to be fair, you don't know for certain that these rich migrants are only investing in Canada and not actually living here. Their families and even they themselves might be living here, working, studying etc. How can you assume that they are any worse than those from HK during the 90's? Given the fact that you see mandarin influence more and more, isn't that a sign that they are staying and trying to make Canada their home?

Also, for those HK immigrants who moved to Canada, many of them or their children are moving back to HK:
I completely agree with this. I have many friends who moved back to Hong Kong because the job market was better. But I also have lots of friends who moved to other places around the world because the job market is better so it just proves that the job market in Vancouver sucks? I myself have not been a resident of Canada for roughly 8 years because of job opportunities available in other countries, so while I agree with what you posted it doesn't really mean anything especially when the amount of people working as an "expat" has grown significantly over the past 5 - 10 years. Naturally if you were from HK and you moved to Van I would expect you to look there as the first choice to work.

It is true that we do not know the intentions of the people who joined the program with the government. Some could decide to move here, others for investment, etc...
Old 07-06-2014, 06:20 AM   #103
Need to Seek Professional Help

I would also note that I graduated in 2002 at a school in Richmond that had a significant population of "Asians" from various countries. While a lot of people I was friends with have moved back to the country/city in which their family was from an overwhelming majority still live and work in in the Lower Mainland.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #104
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Well to be fair, you don't know for certain that these rich migrants are only investing in Canada and not actually living here. Their families and even they themselves might be living here, working, studying etc. How can you assume that they are any worse than those from HK during the 90's? Given the fact that you see mandarin influence more and more, isn't that a sign that they are staying and trying to make Canada their home?
It's a sign that more people are moving here, I doubt much of that influence has come from the rich few who used this loophole.

Quote:
So they're coming to Canada, using our education system and then buggering off. That's exactly what we're trying to avoid by closing the loophole.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #105
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Stephen Harper HAVE a position for you and your crystal ball in his pre-crime division. You and your apparatus are certainly sure about everyone and everything!

There is no certainty in life.. take a look at Mayor Moonbeam's pre political career, did he contribute much during his studies in Co?

I know a lot of you guys are still young, so come back to this thread after you have kids who are out and about.. things you are wiling to do for them. For Canadians, the world is our oyster yes, but we need others to show us how to be a global citizen and not to be "red neck" like our American neighbours.

Vancouver is just not a big city, especially where we don't have much manufacturing jobs, much less banking / finance jobs. Remember yes students get trained but the instructors got paid too! There are amazing number of teachers that actually trained in BC and are working in Asia.. guess why? No jobs here... and here we are short on people who needs to do manual labor, like rough neck, plumbing or other menial jobs.. I don't want to live in a society where people are dictated on what they do whether they like it or not.. that's not Canada. People come to Canada, not like it is heaven that they have everything handed to them, they still have to figure out life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
It's a sign that more people are moving here, I doubt much of that influence has come from the rich few who used this loophole.

So they're coming to Canada, using our education system and then buggering off. That's exactly what we're trying to avoid by closing the loophole.

Last edited by godwin; 07-06-2014 at 10:32 AM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #106
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Ya which makes it sickening seeing how people in Hong Kong want to fight for their rights, yet the first sign of trouble, they flee HK without trying to protect it.

But then again, it just proves to the point that people from HK are no different than those from Mainland or from anywhere else in the world. People will always act in their own self interest. People in HK complain about mainlanders invading HK, or people in Canada complained about (in the 90s) Hongers going to Canada and now Mainlanders going to Canada, but it's all the same. If shit happens in China, Mainlanders flee. If shit happens in Hong Kong, Hongers flee. If shit ever happens in Canada, people will flee as well (hence lots of "Canadians" returning to Hong Kong due to a better job market.

In the end, no matter what you look like, where you are from, we are all humans and we all think the same.
What a crappy analysis. If only life were so black and white.

Somehow seeking a better life from an increasingly oppressive political system is the same as hiding ill-gotten gains or moving abroad for work.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #107
RS controls my life!

Quote:

I don't the same as you RFlush, do lump me into your generalize ideas on human thinking.
FS1992EG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
What a crappy analysis. If only life were so black and white.

Somehow seeking a better life from an increasingly oppressive political system is the same as hiding ill-gotten gains or moving abroad for work.
In the end, both groups are looking to better their lives. You do not know the true reason of why people move to Canada, away from Canada, to China, away from China etc....but I can guarantee 100% that whatever motive is, it's to make a better future.

It's the same reason why people who are doctors in their countries, but willing to become taxi drivers in another.
Quote:
My Feedback
Old 07-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #109
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:

Uhh.........no we don't.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #110

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Stephen Harper HAVE a position for you and your crystal ball in his pre-crime division. You and your apparatus are certainly sure about everyone and everything!

There is no certainty in life.. take a look at Mayor Moonbeam's pre political career, did he contribute much during his studies in Co?

I know a lot of you guys are still young, so come back to this thread after you have kids who are out and about.. things you are wiling to do for them. For Canadians, the world is our oyster yes, but we need others to show us how to be a global citizen and not to be "red neck" like our American neighbours.

Vancouver is just not a big city, especially where we don't have much manufacturing jobs, much less banking / finance jobs. Remember yes students get trained but the instructors got paid too! There are amazing number of teachers that actually trained in BC and are working in Asia.. guess why? No jobs here... and here we are short on people who needs to do manual labor, like rough neck, plumbing or other menial jobs.. I don't want to live in a society where people are dictated on what they do whether they like it or not.. that's not Canada. People come to Canada, not like it is heaven that they have everything handed to them, they still have to figure out life.
wat?

Quote:
In the end, both groups are looking to better their lives. You do not know the true reason of why people move to Canada, away from Canada, to China, away from China etc....but I can guarantee 100% that whatever motive is, it's to make a better future.

It's the same reason why people who are doctors in their countries, but willing to become taxi drivers in another.
A better future for their bank account perhaps. Again, they are still more than welcome here, they just can't take a shortcut just because they're rich.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #111

Quote:
In the end, both groups are looking to better their lives.
Reminds me of the theory of psychological egoism, that people only act in their self-interest. However, it is an empirical theory and one of many theories.

Quote:
You do not know the true reason of why people move to Canada, away from Canada, to China, away from China etc....but I can guarantee 100% that whatever motive is, it's to make a better future.
Perhaps, but I certainly can for a lot of people I know.

Quote:
In the end, no matter what you look like, where you are from, we are all humans and we all think the same
Seriously? Have you ever heard of something called cultures? people ARE different in manner, speech, dress, experiences, etc.. no we don't all think the same just as there are many different religions and political ideologies.

Were all human guys, I guess the discussion is over.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 07-07-2014 at 12:20 AM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:49 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
Reminds me of the theory of psychological egoism, that people only act in their self-interest. However, it is an empirical theory and one of many theories.

I certainly can for some people I know and I have a lot of examples.

Seriously? Have you ever heard of something called cultures? people ARE different in manner, speech, dress, experiences, etc.. no we don't all think the same just as there are many different religions and political ideologies.

Were all human guys, I guess the discussion is over.
So why did your friends move to or away from Canada? Was it to make their lives worse or better? Assuming it was their free choice to move, did they do it to make themselves happier?

I am not talking about what we learn, I thought you knew what I was discussing. I am talking about people's inherent need to try to survive and be better. People throughout history and different cultures have always tried to better improve themselves. Whether it be through education, art, or anything, people just want to be happy.

Whether you want to move to Canada to hide money or to live a peaceful life in Vancouver, or if you want to move away for a better job, or if you want to join the army to fight, you make those choices to make yourself happy and better off.

I am not saying that the investor scheme is right or wrong, I'm stating that people who wish to do it, did it to try to make their life better. Just like why your ancestors moved to Canada (assuming they chose to).

We can get upset with the system, but it's not fair to blame the people who tried to do it, legally.

I hope I made it more clear and simple for you understand now.
Quote:
My Feedback

Last edited by RFlush; 07-07-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:22 AM   #113
RS controls my life!

Quote:
So why did your friends move to or away from Canada? Wad it to make their lives worse or better? Assuming it was their free choice to move, did they do it to make themselves happier?

I am not talking about what learn, I thought you knew what I was discussing. I am talking about people's inherent need to try to survive and be better. People throughout history and different cultures have always tried to better improve themselves. Whether it be through education, art, or anything, people just want to be happy.

Whether you want to move to Canada to hide money or to live a peaceful life in Vancouver, or if you want to move away for a better job, or if you want to join the army to fight, you make those choices to make yourself happy and better off.

I am not saying that the investor scheme is right or wrong, I'm stating that people who wish to do it, did it to try to make their life better. Just like why your ancestors moved to Canada (assuming they chose to).

We can get upset with the system, but it's not fair to blame the people who tried to do it, legally.

I hope I made it more clear and simple for you understand now.
Are your from Hong Kong or is your family originate from Hong Kong?
FS1992EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #114
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I'm totally cool with the wealthy people coming to Canada. I say bring them here! They contribute way more to infrastructure and long term improvements over the average person.

What I don't like is poor people coming to Canada. I hate the fact that some people come here and fuck up our standard of living by having 30 people living in one house. Drive in a really wealthy neighbourhood and there are few cars on the street because the owners have their cars are in the garage.

Most streets in a lot of areas look like a fucking parking lot. It looks like shit. You have some families paying one house tax (school tax) but they have 10 families with 25 kids using the system which is a drain on the whole machine.

This is why some school districts don't have any money any more. Kids here are getting a shitty education now and it's not because rich people messed it up. Thank God and Jesus and Allah and Buddha for giving me a job that pays in the top 1%. I went to public school and sadly, because of the poor people draining the system, I will have to pay out of pocket for my children to have a decent education in private school - where poor people can't fuck it up.

The reason so many people are mad about rich people is because they're not rich!!

Poor people or average people say things like "BOO HOO, it's not fair that rich people pay less taxes or have access to tax loopholes."

Well, let's see. A family making $50,000 a year income might pay $20,000 in taxes. This is taking into account the tax included in gas, liquor, eating out, consumer goods, property tax, and income tax. This outrages average people because they feel that 40% of their hard work is being taken away from them.

Now a rich person makes $1,000,000 a year and pays $300,000 a year in tax because of some loophole that their financial planner and lawyer figured out or whatever. Maybe they are using a family trust to funnel money to their children. Either way, people get all pissed off saying "THAT'S not fair WAAAAAAAA!!!! They pay less % tax than me!"

One family pays $20,000 in tax, the other pays $300,000. Who is contributing more to schools? Who is contributing more to keeping people employed at starbucks? Who is building companies that allows someone to even have the CHANGE to have a job for $50,000???

You guessed it? It's the one making $1,000,000 a year.

You know what rich people think about poor and average people??

They think they're a drain on the system! You might think they'd think "Fuck, I pay all this school tax but I have to send my kids to private school and pay out of my own pocket? Why should I have to pay for these other kids AND my own kids? Fuck that shit. I create jobs that help dozens of families and they're bitching about me? Maybe I should just fire them all a month before Christmas.

The rich don't fuck with student loans which ties up money in the system, the rich don't fuck up a health care system (if they want something they pay for it and if they have to pay to speed up the process then pay they will).

The thing is, most rich people don't think like this. Most are pretty awesome! They are always looking for opportunities. They are looking for ways to make the world a fun, cooler, awesome place.

I remember reading about Rockefeller family and how the average people were pissed off because he was controlling the oil industry in the 1800's. The people were so pissed off that the government eventually had to step in to break up the monopoly.

Interestingly enough, at the time, his oil mining and production concept pushed the prices of oil down and kept it low, enabling many people to more easily afford oil (which back then was used for heating). He created thousands of jobs that made benefit to over 100,000 families.

I'm not wealthy but I work with wealthy people and I have to say they're always thinking about giving back and trying to help. You might not see it but it's true. A rich asshole benefits more people than a really nice poor person in terms of modern society.

Anyway this post is kind of random and doesn't really address the racism in previous pages. New money always acts fucked up. Chinaman or Whiteman. It's all the same shit. You give anyone $50,000,000 and all of a sudden morals go to shit. We all say "No I wouldn't do that!" Bullshit

You're telling me that your dating a girl that's probably at best a 5 out of 10 and now a team of 10's are begging you - BEGGING YOU to just have a taste of your nutsack that you're going to say no?

Bitch please. There is a reason every baller has a mistress. In China I was blown away, it's like expected that as a wealthy man you're going to have whores. It's like a privilege!! Even Tiger Woods and even Bill Cosby for fuck sakes got busted with that. It's because it's not popular but when the money comes, so does change.

People recently were complaining that there are too many micro escort massage places in Vancouver. Guess what? If there was no demand for that shit, there wouldn't be 3 or 4 in every condo!

You're trying to tell me you're not going to buy a new car? Live in a better house? Of course you would. Would you be so clam and patient? Would you take shit from your boss? FUCK NO!!! You'd be like fuck you Mr. Smith, and do a huge burnout in your Lambo and not even bother to clean out your desk because the $300 worth of personal shit you had there isn't worth it to you.

Money makes people feel powerful and successful because society tells us that. It is that feeling of REAL freedom that shows us who we really are.

And deep down, we want to fuck 10's, drive fun cars, eat good food and do the fun stuff that we want to do. Money lets us do that. In time, we get used to it.

The sports car novelty wears off - the whores are just boring - the big house is just whatever. That's why you see people that can make loads of money look for a higher purpose. They start to chill out and normalize and when they do they settle down.

As Ulic mentioned. China money is wild money right now. It will be that way for a while and there will always be new money. That's why true wealth, class, sophistication, is not earned by the size of the bank - account, it is earned by the power, impact and influence on making the world a better place. This in turn is the character of slowing down, being kind and all that shit.

But let's face it, that comes after you've had your fun - and right now, most of the money made in China is new and that's even better because they're going to blow it on Ugly fucked up coloured cars, clothes and all kinds of retarded shit that will drive the local economy. Stupid yes but beneficial to all, and in the end, they will learn either when they OD on drugs or as they and their wealth mature into older money.
Marco.911 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #115
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
^
your an idiot & i didnt bother to read your whole post

also this is a truth story, i know this person & her dads owns chun lan which makes air cons, motor bikes & etc in here china (company is huge & well know in china)

she came to vancouver for school & apply for student loans, after she graduated she left canada...........FOR GOOD PERIOD without paying any of those loans back

before we moved we use to get a shit load of her mail & calls from government asking for her, we told her she was gone & we have no idea where she is right now, fuck my dad was pissed as it was a friends friend & she just left like that

another one is my aunts sister, when she 1st came to canada from hk she was quite modest, but after a year or 2 she became cocky as fuck cuz she would lie on her taxes & what not just to get low income status but in fact shes not

i know ppl lie on taxes but shes just way over board & to avoid getting caught she uses cash 90% of the time, this is why the last time my family saw them was at my cousins wedding which we were force to invite as she thinks our part of the family are just poor losers

alot of mainlanders right now are in canada have money but are not contributing to canada & they are using are services, i dont mind rich mainlanders (or rich ppl in general) i just hate the those that borrow money from the goverment or uses our services but give nothing back in return (EG: borrow student loans but never paying them back period)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...

Last edited by ae101; 11-13-2014 at 09:50 PM.
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #116
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco.911 View Post
I don't care if a person is rich or poor, as long as they're not like you
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #117
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

unconfirmed source at my daughter's daycare, have said many of the parents there get childcare subsidy because they don't have job
And yet they all drive around in landrovers and MLs....
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #118
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
unconfirmed source at my daughter's daycare, have said many of the parents there get childcare subsidy because they don't have job
That's a major issue right now. You see tons of ppl are consider low income so they are getting free health care, free daycare etc etc is because they don't work. Well THEY DON'T NEED TO WORK COZ they are fucking rich lol. They have business elsewhere and isn't reporting it or have one family member working offshore and that person is not a Canadian citizen so doesn't have to pay tax or report it.

A better way to see if you are rich or poor is simply take a look at major purchase (IE house). If you can afford to buy a 2million house and pay 5k tax every year then you sure have money coming to you elsewhere. If you are truly low income there is no way you can afford to buy a 2million house or even afford to live in one.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:01 PM   #119

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
the struggle
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:38 AM   #120
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
That's a major issue right now. You see tons of ppl are consider low income so they are getting free health care, free daycare etc etc is because they don't work. Well THEY DON'T NEED TO WORK COZ they are fucking rich lol. They have business elsewhere and isn't reporting it or have one family member working offshore and that person is not a Canadian citizen so doesn't have to pay tax or report it.

A better way to see if you are rich or poor is simply take a look at major purchase (IE house). If you can afford to buy a 2million house and pay 5k tax every year then you sure have money coming to you elsewhere. If you are truly low income there is no way you can afford to buy a 2million house or even afford to live in one.
I know nothing and nothing but wouldnt the money they get from elsewhere be injected into our economy and balance out the losses?
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:02 AM   #121
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
u guys should camp out at casinos and watch mainlanders walking into those vip rooms with stacks, and i mean STACKS of $20 bills in a T&T plastic bag or those clear vegetable bags. they just openly walk arnd carrying stacks of cash and i bet u the government doesnt know a dollar of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:56 AM   #122
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
I know nothing and nothing but wouldnt the money they get from elsewhere be injected into our economy and balance out the losses?
Maybe but there is not actual number to see if it does balance out. Sure they pay for a house and pay property tax. But then they get free health care (it also depends on their health conditions if they have seniors with same issue such as high blood pressure, kidney and diabetes, cancer etc etc.) Health care for a person with such problems cause tax payers at least 50k or more each year. If you have kids well free day care, free health care etc etc....... So in the end the property tax they pay might not even balance out.

That's why we have the super Visa now. Wants your parents to stay in Canada? Apply for the Super Visa. They can still in Canada up to 10 years but since it is a VISA Canada doesn't have to cover your health care, your pension, day care etc etc.......
Old 11-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #123

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
u guys should camp out at casinos and watch mainlanders walking into those vip rooms with stacks, and i mean STACKS of $20 bills in a T&T plastic bag or those clear vegetable bags. they just openly walk arnd carrying stacks of cash and i bet u the government doesnt know a dollar of it.
And they leave the casino without any of it.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #124

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Maybe but there is not actual number to see if it does balance out. Sure they pay for a house and pay property tax. But then they get free health care (it also depends on their health conditions if they have seniors with same issue such as high blood pressure, kidney and diabetes, cancer etc etc.) Health care for a person with such problems cause tax payers at least 50k or more each year. If you have kids well free day care, free health care etc etc....... So in the end the property tax they pay might not even balance out.

That's why we have the super Visa now. Wants your parents to stay in Canada? Apply for the Super Visa. They can still in Canada up to 10 years but since it is a VISA Canada doesn't have to cover your health care, your pension, day care etc etc.......

Health care is not free.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Health care is not free.
MSP - Premiums

As long as your Net adjusted income is less 22k basically you get free health care. So basically if you don't work then you have no income = less than 22k therefore free MSP.