REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 06-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,687 Times in 1,624 Posts
Resign with Telus, keep old plan?

I swear I thought there was a Telus thread...donno where it went.

Anyway, my gf and I are both nearing the end of our old 3-year terms, and will possibly re-sign with Telus, assuming we can keep our plans.

They're ~$60 a month including data and usual features. A comparable new 2-year plan is at least $90 a month.

Has anyone been able to re-sign a contract (and thereby get phone subsidy) while retaining their plans, or are we going to have to either A: go month-to-month with old plan and buy a new phone outright or B: re-sign with newer, more expensive plans to get the phone subsidized?
Advertisement
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
From what I hear your latter assumptions (A and B) are correct; you won't be able to keep your plan with a new contract & phone subsidy. I am in the exact same position with my contract is coming up in a year or so.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Strange, coz fido allow me to keep my grandfather package while singing a 2 year contract with a new phone.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
I STILL don't get it

No news about Telus not allowing you to keep your old plan with new phone subsidy. They might offer you a different price for the phone, so you'd pay more for the phone in order to keep your current plan.
enrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #5
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Te big three can be expensive as fuck so be sure to shop around and evaluate your phone usage before you commit.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
I had a line on Telus for 19 years, I cancelled it recently to go to Chatr Wireless. I had a $25 (voice and text) plan with Telus before and they would not let me resign it to get subsidies. They said I either buy a phone outright and go MTM or resign one of their new plans which costs $10 more with less daytime minutes. Being a customer with them for 19 years meant nothing. So I left and got a $20 plan with Chatr Wireless and I'm super happy.