REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 06-29-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
I STILL don't get it

Replacing standard Costco office chair..

looking to buy a new office desk chair to replace this standard $180ish Costco chair.

i'm looking for comfort - and not the old school soft and mushy comfort, that stiffer refined comfort.

willing to spend. any suggestions?

thanks!
Advertisement
wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
I actually just got sick of my old costco chair too, its lasted me ~8 years now

Amazon.com - Alera Elusion Series Mesh High-Back Multifunction Chair, Black - Task Chairs

This is the one i got for a sibling as a gift (lame gift, but they were going away to grad school so I figured they'd use it a lot). I liked it because my legs actually fit onto it -- some of the cheaper chairs (i.e. ikea) have such a short length that half your thigh hangs off if you're 5'9+

or, you could scour craigslist for a nice used herman miller in the $200-$400 price range -- those chairs are but I'm not sure if you can justify the cost (I couldn't)
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

agreed with dhillion09

i got a Herman Miller aeron myself. sick sick chair. was lucky that a studio in vancouver in granville island was selling it at the time

wouldnt shy to invest more into your work chair as you do not want any work related health issues to arise. well worth it

they are about $900 fully loaded brand new
Aeron Chair - Office Chairs - Chairs - Herman Miller Official Store

so if you find ~500 on craigslist...you should be happy

may be other chairs out there that are cheaper and do the job as well. but i cant vouch for those

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #4
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Definitely spend as much money as you can afford on a chair, especially if it's something you use often. Herman Miller's are fantastic, but you can pick up some pretty decent ones for less than half the price. If you want a fairly stiff, yet supportive chair, some of the Temperpedic ones are good. I can't stand 'em personally, but I know a couple people who swear by 'em. I'm a fan of mesh back chairs. While I love a good comfortable, leather chair, if I'm spending a lot of time in a chair, I want my back to breath.

Serta and LaZBoy also make some decent office chairs these days, though the majority of both lines tend to aim for more the plush, comfort audience than firm and supportive.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote