REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Heat exhaustion/stroke (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696500-heat-exhaustion-stroke.html)

Skip2MyPou 07-05-2014 07:19 PM

Heat exhaustion/stroke

Hey guys, just wondering what your guys' experience were with heat exhaustion or heat stroke?
How long did it it take to recover to be able to work out properly again?

nabs 07-05-2014 07:23 PM

I would give myself a full day if heat stroke.

Skip2MyPou 07-05-2014 07:28 PM

Well, I got back on the 29th. Did some moderate-light exercising from Mon-Fri. Some tolerable faintness hitting upper body. When I hit legs yesterday, I felt really crappy after 4 sets of leg press at 70%. I'm still feeling off, and definitely gonna avoid the gym for a bit. Just wondering how long it will take for me to recover to be able to exercise properly again, as it has been almost a week.

nabs 07-05-2014 07:33 PM

A week should have been ample time. I don't lift, I do more endurance/plyometric/resistance training so maybe someone else would have a better answer.

Have you thought about your food intake? it sounds like what happens to me if i'm not eating enough.

But definitely should not do anything to cause damage to your system, i totally agree with that.

Skip2MyPou 07-05-2014 07:39 PM

Well, long story short, I went to Vegas for EDC from 19th-24th and then went down to Paradiso music festival from 26-29th. Went to gym on 25th and hit all body parts, as I haven't gone to gym when in Vegas. Felt fine until I get onto my leg workouts. This is where I felt VERY faint and had to lie down and get assessed. I was at the gym for maybe 2.5 hours. I only had 2 hard boiled eggs prior to the workout and had a monster energy drink maybe 30-45 minutes prior to feeling faint. I felt fine the next day and everything hit me on the 27th, landing me in the first aid room. I had drank the night of the 26th and did some pre-drinking on the 27th as well as having some redbull.

GabAlmighty 07-05-2014 08:17 PM

Your body is essentially telling you to FUCK OFF. That Monster didn't do you any favours unless you drank liters of water while you worked out.

You didn't have heat stroke. If you have heat stroke you're fucked and going to the hospital ASAP because you're literally being cooked from the inside out.

Heat exhaustion, give it a couple hours and you should be fine.

You didn't experience any of these. You experienced your body reacting to you going hard after, I assume, you treated it like shit.

Skip2MyPou 07-05-2014 08:19 PM

Yeah. Thinking about it, all that I'm experiencing could be a result of prolonged physical overexertion.